Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 10:19 AM

33,334 posts, read 26,546,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
again you contradict yourself, listen to yourself, "One Lord, but both God the Father, and Jesus Christ are Lord. Both God the Father and Jesus Christ are Yah-weh, but Jesus is Lord in that the Father has put all things in subjection under Jesus and placed Him as head over all things to the church".

do you see your contradiction, both are Yahweh, but you said that they are different person. so how can they be both and yet distinct?. and you said both are "Lord". so my point is Made when in Rev 226: the angel said the Lord God sent his angel. and that's one God, so they are not distinct as you say.
As I just told you in post #20 you are confusing God's Personhood - there are three Persons in the Godhead, with God's nature or essence. There is one God in three Persons. Scripture clearly shows this, and the distinction between the three Persons of the Godhead is clearly shown in the Scriptures which I posted in post #9. God is one in terms of His nature, but He is three in terms of His Personhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 10:22 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,249,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
As I just told you in post #20 you are confusing God's Personhood - there are three Persons in the Godhead, with God's nature or essence. There is one God in three Persons. Scripture clearly shows this, and the distinction between the three Persons of the Godhead is clearly shown in the Scriptures which I posted in post #9. God is one in terms of His nature, but He is three in terms of His Personhood.
ok mike is Jesus the Lord God of the holy prophets yes, or no

Old 07-04-2014, 10:33 AM

getting back to 1 Corinthians 8:6 "But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. forget the distinction between false god and the true God. lets zero in on what is said about the “only” true God, “the Father”. lets look at what the Apostle is saying about God. . But to us there is but one God, the Father. STOP right here, and lets examine this statement. as the trinitarian doctrine goes, the Lord is the Son, well Mike 555 said that they are the same. and I quote, “One Lord, but both God the Father, and Jesus Christ are Lord. Both God the Father and Jesus Christ are Yah-weh, but Jesus is Lord in that the Father has put all things in subjection under Jesus and placed Him as head over all things to the church”. if Jesus and the Father are yahweh, are there two yahweh then?. and further it was stated that the Father and the Son are both “Lord”. well I have a question, Psalms 110:1 "A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool” if both are yahweh, and both are the “Lord”, well who is the “Lord”, and the “LORD” here in Ps 110, since both are yahweh.

now here is the second consequence to 1 Corinthians 8:6. if the Lord is God then Jesus is not the mere man or agent the Unitarians claim. and two, if Jesus is Lord and is yahweh, then he’s no second person of any trinity. but if he’s Lord and yahweh, and is separate and distinct, as one say, then that's polytheism, that’s two gods.

if Jesus is the Lord God of the holy prophets, that’s the same person whom is Father. the same person. no personhood here, just one person.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
ok mike is Jesus the Lord God of the holy prophets yes, or no
Stay on topic. The topic is whether or not God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit are distinct Persons in the Godhead. It has been shown clearly in post #9 from the posted Scriptures that there is a distinction even though the three are one God. You have chosen to ignore that fact.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
getting back to 1 Corinthians 8:6 "But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. forget the distinction between false god and the true God. lets zero in on what is said about the “only” true God, “the Father”. lets look at what the Apostle is saying about God. . But to us there is but one God, the Father. STOP right here, and lets examine this statement. as the trinitarian doctrine goes, the Lord is the Son, well Mike 555 said that they are the same. and I quote, “One Lord, but both God the Father, and Jesus Christ are Lord. Both God the Father and Jesus Christ are Yah-weh, but Jesus is Lord in that the Father has put all things in subjection under Jesus and placed Him as head over all things to the church”. if Jesus and the Father are yahweh, are there two yahweh then?. and further it was stated that the Father and the Son are both “Lord”. well I have a question, Psalms 110:1 "A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool” if both are yahweh, and both are the “Lord”, well who is the “Lord”, and the “LORD” here in Ps 110, since both are yahweh.

now here is the second consequence to 1 Corinthians 8:6. if the Lord is God then Jesus is not the mere man or agent the Unitarians claim. and two, if Jesus is Lord and is yahweh, then he’s no second person of any trinity. but if he’s Lord and yahweh, and is separate and distinct, as one say, then that's polytheism, that’s two gods.

if Jesus is the Lord God of the holy prophets, that’s the same person whom is Father. the same person. no personhood here, just one person.
Don't twist my words to bolster your argument. I did not say or imply that Jesus Christ is the Father. Yah-weh means Lord and Yah-weh is used of both God the Father and Jesus Christ.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
mike get off that, I'm not confusing any Persons. I have showed you the one person of the Godhead it's you who is confused.

one more chance. is the First and the Last the Father or the son, if you say they are distinct. if you say both then you're confusing the persons. I say It's the same person. now do you agree Yes or no. if no then explain. this should tell if it's one person or two. answer please.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Don't twist my words to bolster your argument. I did not say or imply that Jesus Christ is the Father. Yah-weh means Lord and Yah-weh is used of both God the Father and Jesus Christ.
I'm not twisting anything, you're doing a good job of that yourself.

now, how long do it takes to answer a simple question, is Jesus and the one whom you call "Father", the first and the last. yes, or no will do.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:42 AM

dead silence, don’t blame you mike 555, if I was you I would’t answer it either.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:
mike get off that, I'm not confusing any Persons. I have showed you the one person of the Godhead it's you who is confused.

one more chance. is the First and the Last the Father or the son, if you say they are distinct. if you say both then you're confusing the persons. I say It's the same person. now do you agree Yes or no. if no then explain. this should tell if it's one person or two. answer please.
What I said is that you are confusing God's personhood with His nature or essence. You are confusing the fact that while there are three Persons in the Godhead, they all have the same nature by which they are a united One.

Again, as is shown from the Scriptures in post #9 there is a distinction between the three Persons of the Godhead.

The fact that Jesus refers to Himself as the first and the last (Revelation 1:17) refers to His eternality. He is the One who is, and who was, and who is to come.

However, theologians have different opinions whether it is God the Father or Jesus Christ who is doing the speaking in Revelation 1:8 and referring to Himself as 'the Alpha and the Omega.'

In Revelation 22:13 it is Jesus who refers to Himself as the Alpha and the Omega.

This has nothing to do with whether or not there is a distinction between the Persons of the Godhead.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
dead silence, don’t blame you mike 555, if I was you I would’t answer it either.
Moderator cut: deleted I just now did answer your question in post #29.

Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 07-04-2014 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: Insulting/goading
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity