Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 12:03 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,250,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
What I said is that you are confusing God's personhood with His nature or essence. You are confusing the fact that while there are three Persons in the Godhead, they all have the same nature by which they are a united One.

Again, as is shown from the Scriptures in post #9 there is a distinction between the three Persons of the Godhead.

The fact that Jesus refers to Himself as the first and the last (Revelation 1:17) refers to His eternality. He is the One who is, and who was, and who is to come.

However, theologians have different opinions whether it is God the Father or Jesus Christ who is doing the speaking in Revelation 1:8 and referring to Himself as 'the Alpha and the Omega.'

In Revelation 22:13 it is Jesus who refers to Himself as the Alpha and the Omega.

This has nothing to do with whether or not there is a distinction between the Persons of the Godhead.
good is the 'the Alpha and the Omega, and the First and the Last the same person, forget the theologians

and good you said, The fact that Jesus refers to Himself as the first and the last (Revelation 1:17) refers to His eternality. He is the One who is, and who was, and who is to come". good in the opening letter of Revelation, is not Jesus all three mention in this as to who it is from, listen, Revelation 1:4 "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood”. this is the same PERSON with all three titles, and if the theologians can’t understand that then you need to get rid of those theologians, because the First and the Last is the “LORD”, all cap, scripture, Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. see, there is no God beside him, and that’s God with a cap “G”. so our Lord who is God is no second PERSON in anyone trinity, or Godhead. for there is only ONE GOD, in Diversity, meaning he is shared. so there is only ONE PERSON.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned I just now did answer your question in post #29.
Moderator cut: Orphaned
I read your post #29, and you said nothing in answering the question. don't get mad, if you're incorrect in your beliefs. as I said, if you count on theologians to tell you what the bible say, I fell sorry for you. just as those commentaries of old they served good in their day, but new light is over shadowing then and they are obsolete, just as your theologians, obsolete. when are you going to wake up and see the truth.Moderator cut: deleted "him which is, and which was, and which is to come" is Jesus Christ the only one who have immortality, scripture, 1 Timothy 6:14 "That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: 15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords 16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen”. as Jesus Christ is the ONLY one with immortality, where do that leave your so called person with the title “father”. no where, because the Title belong to the ONE PERSON JESUS CHRIST. the whole book of Revelation is the revealing of JESUS CHRIST, GOD IN FLESH, not no two person, but one PERSON shared.

Last edited by june 7th; 07-04-2014 at 01:04 PM.. Reason: Member has indicated that he did not say the above deleted portion.

Old 07-04-2014, 12:40 PM

well lets get back on topic, the one who is coming is Jesus the Christ, who is God and Lord. this I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity