Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2014, 08:43 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,260,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
So, you believe that a same sex attraction is nothing more than a physical weakness or psychological problem, and if those who suffer these types of issues have enough faith, He will deliver them from said issues, right?
I never said that, nor do I believe it.

Homosexual attraction is a natural desire that was born from a corrupted world after the fall of man. Just like thorns and thistles and earthquakes and cancer. A Christian is a new creature and in the case of homosexuality, must remain chaste for the glory of God. If they are truly born again, their focus will be on the things of God, abstaining from earthly pleasures with joy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 08:48 PM

11,431 posts, read 11,156,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
So however we find our lot in life, whether it is a physical infirmity or psychological problems, we can still have faith that God is in control and that no matter what happens in this life, we can have joy by serving God!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
So, you believe that a same sex attraction is nothing more than a physical weakness or psychological problem, and if those who suffer these types of issues have enough faith, He will deliver them from said issues, right?
Quote:
My bad. Maybe I have a reading comprehension issue. Moving forward......

Old 08-05-2014, 08:04 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,689,804 times
Quote:

Homosexual attraction is a natural desire that was born from a corrupted world after the fall of man. Just like thorns and thistles and earthquakes and cancer. A Christian is a new creature and in the case of homosexuality, must remain chaste for the glory of God. If they are truly born again, their focus will be on the things of God, abstaining from earthly pleasures with joy.
You are making this stuff up as you go along. Now you are comparing homosexuals to earthquakes and cancer? Do born again heterosexuals abstain from earthly pleasures and joy? The answer is no. Why would your god single out gay people and tell them they must stay chaste? Your understanding of the bible encourages prejudice, and doesn't sound very Christian.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:12 AM

21,087 posts, read 29,339,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thayewhi View Post
Does God approve of homosexuality?
▪ Answer: The Bible clearly condemns fornication, which includes homosexual relations. (Romans 1:26, 27; Galatians 5:19-21) While the Bible is definite about God’s disapproval of that lifestyle, we also know that “God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.”—John 3:16.

Even though they do not condone homosexual relations, true Christians show kindness to all people. (Matthew 7:12) God wants us to “honor men of all sorts.” Therefore, genuine Christians are not homophobic.—1 Peter 2:17.
So sex is bad and babies are sin incarnate?

Is masturbation the same as fornication, or is it just more spilled milk?

About the homosexual, Jesus had this to say...........NOTHING.

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 08-05-2014 at 09:52 AM..

Old 08-06-2014, 09:00 AM

939 posts, read 798,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
God said no such thing.

Some primitive dudes who pretended to be channeling God wrote it.

And only primitive people today still believe it.
Congratulations- by your remarks, you have granted yourself the luxury of feeling superior to Christians. Not sure how that will pay off in the long haul.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:23 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,312,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
Congratulations- by your remarks, you have granted yourself the luxury of feeling superior to Christians. Not sure how that will pay off in the long haul.
I feel superior to no one.

I simply believe - strongly - that Christian fundamentalists are wrong in very many areas - this being one.

Old 08-06-2014, 10:50 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,086,921 times
Like others have mentioned, my pastors don't talk about homosexuality. My guess is that being in the denomination they are in, that they're opposed, but not strongly. The most I've heard is a comment from the wife of one of my pastors is that she didn't get the big deal about homosexuality because there are a ton of sins in this world. The pastors I know from liberal denominations seem to be supportive, however.

Personally, though, I think that the "Biblical view of homosexuality" is so corrupted by non-biblical things on all sides that it's nearly impossible to tell what the Biblical view of homosexuality is.

Old 08-09-2014, 05:58 AM

5,737 posts, read 3,271,906 times
so enlighten us as what causes homosexuality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
This may be the most ill-informed, ignorant post I've read - among hundreds of contenders.

Congratulations!

Old 08-09-2014, 05:59 AM

5,737 posts, read 3,271,906 times
prove that any of them are not facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysmyler View Post
Please show me your degree and your years of studying to prove that any of this misinformed information is not purely your own opinion and why I or anyone for that matter should consider this as facts!!!!
How many children do you have?
Prove this "defects" theory!
How does one reinfect themselves?
Prove we have "free will".

Old 08-09-2014, 09:08 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,312,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
so enlighten us as what causes homosexuality.
Can you not spell "google?"

There, I helped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity