Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2014, 10:04 PM

35 posts, read 73,025 times

Advertisements

Romans 1:26-27 "For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet."

It's sin. Yes I treat everyone with love. Yes all have sinned and fell short of God's glory. Yes, the desire of the Lord is that we all should repent and turn from our wicked ways. Yes, homosexuality is a sin. Just like many other sins that are mentioned in the Word of God. For those who say they were born this way, you're absolutely right because we were all born in sin. The Bible stands with God's hand over it. We can twist it/ ignore it but our personal opinions have no effect on God's written word. God is still God no matter how we feel. His Word still stands no matter how we feel about it. Many pastors won't touch on the issue but there are some that will. I've heard pastors speak against it among other sins and I've heard pastors not speak on it. What God has to say is most important. Not what we think or feel. As Christians, God molds what we think and feel (our flesh) into what He wants for our lives and God wants the best for His children to make us more like Him.

God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2014, 10:34 PM

64 posts, read 61,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronzeDoll View Post
Romans 1:26-27 "For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet."

It's sin. Yes I treat everyone with love. Yes all have sinned and fell short of God's glory. Yes, the desire of the Lord is that we all should repent and turn from our wicked ways. Yes, homosexuality is a sin. Just like many other sins that are mentioned in the Word of God. For those who say they were born this way, you're absolutely right because we were all born in sin. The Bible stands with God's hand over it. We can twist it/ ignore it but our personal opinions have no effect on God's written word. God is still God no matter how we feel. His Word still stands no matter how we feel about it. Many pastors won't touch on the issue but there are some that will. I've heard pastors speak against it among other sins and I've heard pastors not speak on it. What God has to say is most important. Not what we think or feel. As Christians, God molds what we think and feel (our flesh) into what He wants for our lives and God wants the best for His children to make us more like Him.

God bless.
I really appreciate your respectful tone, thank you I am still confused as to why such a focus on homosexuality though? If all sins are equally bad in the eyes of God, why is it homosexuals who are the target of so much vitriol and anger from many Christians? See my earlier post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by limetea View Post
I'll tell you what mine says about homosexuality if you tell me what yours says about gluttony. Does he lead protests in front of McDonalds? Does he chasten obese members at the door and bar them entrance? Does he look at them "with disgust" as you seem to look at homosexuals? Why such a focus on sexuality, when even by your own admission it is no greater a sin than any other. We have a heck of a lot more obese people in the US than we do gay people, and the obese are dying from clogged arteries, diabetes, and from bodies that are just giving out. If all sins are equal in His eyes don't you think focusing on one that's literally killing an entire generation would be the most effective use of your time? Or do you just ignore gluttony because it's not as much of a turn on to think about?
If we hold up the homosexual for distain because s/he is sinning, surely we must also chasten every glutton, slanderer, lazy person, and money lender with equal vigor? Or maybe we have to love all sinners

Old 08-17-2014, 07:52 AM

20,461 posts, read 12,854,610 times
Quote:
I really appreciate your respectful tone, thank you I am still confused as to why such a focus on homosexuality though? If all sins are equally bad in the eyes of God, why is it homosexuals who are the target of so much vitriol and anger from many Christians? See my earlier post...

If we hold up the homosexual for distain because s/he is sinning, surely we must also chasten every glutton, slanderer, lazy person, and money lender with equal vigor? Or maybe we have to love all sinners
Jesus loved sinners, but He added one thing. "Go and sin no more".

Old 08-17-2014, 11:51 AM

1,606 posts, read 1,259,164 times
Quote:
I really appreciate your respectful tone, thank you I am still confused as to why such a focus on homosexuality though? If all sins are equally bad in the eyes of God, why is it homosexuals who are the target of so much vitriol and anger from many Christians?
It is not the church who is placing a greater focus on homosexuality, it is society and the media that is pushing the LGBT agenda. Christians are simply reacting.

Quote:
Indeed, all sins are equal in the eyes of God. However, don't forget that love can exist without acceptance of sin. Also, Jesus taught those in the body to hold others accountable with love and gentleness.

Old 08-17-2014, 03:39 PM

1,146 posts, read 652,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFormula View Post
Does he agree with it? .. Does he speak on the scriptures about it during Sunday Service?..

Where does YOUR Pastor stand on this issue? How does he validate his stance?

An if you are a Pastor/Preacher feel free to chime in on your feelings/thoughts about this
Homosexuality is a SIN.

Those that continue in it shall never see the Kingdom of God and shall be thrown into the fires of hell.

Hell is for SINNERS, not some abstract naughtiness or mischief or sexual preference - and sinners are people.

Yet God has provided an escape in the person of Jesus Christ who shed His blood upon the cross to save SINNERS.

Repent and accept Christ while you may, for the time is short and many have been lost who thought they could decide later......

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 08-17-2014, 04:06 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,286,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Homosexuality is a SIN.

Those that continue in it shall never see the Kingdom of God and shall be thrown into the fires of hell.

Hell is for SINNERS, not some abstract naughtiness or mischief or sexual preference - and sinners are people.

Yet God has provided an escape in the person of Jesus Christ who shed His blood upon the cross to save SINNERS.

Repent and accept Christ while you may, for the time is short and many have been lost who thought they could decide later......

Wrong.

That's just me, telling the truth.

Old 08-17-2014, 04:17 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,285,299 times
Quote:
Homosexuality is a SIN.

Do the lazy get thrown into hell? What about all the church-goers who are in the church basement gossiping over coffee and donuts twenty minutes after the sermon? How about the Christians who cheat on their taxes? Please tell us...... If someone accepts Christ then cheats on his 1040 and croaks 20 minutes after he mails off the forms... does he go to hell?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Wrong.

That's just me, telling the truth.
That's the Bible, pilgrim. The truth from God. Your post isn't even close to truth because it's purely subjective, based solely upon personal opinion and social debauchery.

that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 08-18-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Do the lazy get thrown into hell? What about all the church-goers who are in the church basement gossiping over coffee and donuts twenty minutes after the sermon? How about the Christians who cheat on their taxes? Please tell us...... If someone accepts Christ then cheats on his 1040 and croaks 20 minutes after he mails off the forms... does he go to hell?

Inquiring minds want to know.
ok inquiry....here goes.

Admission into the Kingdom of Heaven is based upon the blood of Christ shed upon the cross. Nothing else.
It isn't based upon good deeds toward one's fellow man, donations, or penance....else one would NEVER KNOW how much is enough to please God.

Hypothetical situations about taxes notwithstanding, God justifies those who have accepted Him and who know Him. In some cases civil disobedience is a good thing, but that's another hypothetical that I'm sure would be misconstrued.

It's about JUSTIFICATION, pilgrim - not fairness. God is not fair. Look around the world you see. Do you see fairness? Not if you're honest you won't. But God is JUST. Those who have accepted Him into their hearts are JUSTIFIED by His blood. Those that don't - BURN IN HELL.

Be careful what you inquire about - you may learn something you don't find palatable.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:43 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,285,299 times
Quote:

Admission into the Kingdom of Heaven is based upon the blood of Christ shed upon the cross. Nothing else.
It isn't based upon good deeds toward one's fellow man, donations, or penance....else one would NEVER KNOW how much is enough to please God.

Hypothetical situations about taxes notwithstanding, God justifies those who have accepted Him and who know Him. In some cases civil disobedience is a good thing, ........
That doesn't answer my question about the church gossips. You know. All those people who have said "Yes" to Jesus but continue to be gossiping sinners. But that's OK. I didn't expect one. I know fundamentalists would rather talk about gays being sinners than the people eating donuts in the church basement being sinners.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 08-18-2014 at 04:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity