Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 03:25 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,789,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFormula View Post
Moderator cut: deleted

Majority of Christians have no clue of the High Holy Days in The Holy Bible, but yet they celebrate every single one of the Heathenistic traditional days but play it down as "goofy traditions that mean nothing"...but if they mean nothing, why do "christians" spend so much money preparing for these pagan days? but not one penny is spent towards the Holy Days that Yeshua kept and told us to keep.

I pointed out already how most Christians don't keep the Sabbath.. but in addition to not keeping the Sabbath, the majority of Christians have no clue about The Feast of Purim, The Feast of Tabernacles, The Feast of First Fruits, etc..

Can any "Christian" in here explain this gross lack of understanding the difference between what is a "Holy Day" and what is not? When the Holy Days are to be observed? and why the traditions of Heathen "holidays" are not to be practiced, period?

"Christians"? Pagans? Let's talk about it.

Christians are not Jews, so why would they celebrate all the Jewish holidays?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Every sentence is wrong...LOL

and Christians dress up for Halloween MORE than any other religion on the planet. FACT.
You seem very uneducated about Christianity.

There is no Christian acknowledgement or celebrating of Halloween.

The "celebration" is November 1 - all Souls Day.

That some people who happen to be Christian have fun on the day of Halloween does not make it a "Christian" celebration.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:27 PM

550 posts, read 517,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Christians are not Jews, so why would they celebrate all the Jewish holidays?
What's the difference?

Old 07-16-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
What's the difference?
The difference between Christians and Jews is that we believe our savior has come and the Jews are still waiting for Him.

Jesus came and established a new covenant.

Again, we are not Jews so we do not celebrate the holidays the Jews celebrate.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:34 PM

33,311 posts, read 26,506,892 times
Quote:
Mike555, I see what you're "trying" to say but you just have it all wrong. so many misinterpretations I don't know where to begin. Only thing I can tell you is PRAY...LOL...because your understanding is WAY OFF...

FYI - Mosaic Law can still be practiced under this current system. none of the commandments have been tampered with by this Roman Catholic system in America AND can still be followed. if it were not so, why then are there churches on every corner preaching the 10 COMMANDMENTS?!!!

Christian hypocrites have no idea that the Laws and Commandments are not done away with , but would prefer to follow a wicked system in hopes that Yeshua will wash away their sins as if you have no control over your actions and Yeshua will forgive you for that. God Forbid.

Faith without works is dead.
No, you do not understand what I am most definitely saying. The misinterpretation is yours. You have been shown Scripture which clearly states that we are not under the law. See post #16. Now if you want to subject yourself to the law then knock yourself out. But do NOT try to claim that the Church must follow the Law. And find someone who is willing to stone you to death for breaking the Mosaic Law.

And are you as yet unable to understand that Jesus already paid for our sins at the cross? Our personal sins are not the issue in salvation.

You either have not read the New Testament or else you simply reject what it says.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:51 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,212,671 times
Quote:
And ye shall be judged accordingly. no escape.
Jesus took the penalty for my not being able to obey the Law. He was nailed to a cross. Have you heard?
Quote:
So you say you are "Free" but can't explain what you are free from? the 10 commandments? righteousness? prosperity? good health? long life? because those are the things that come from following the LAW.

So what are you "free" from exactly? certainly not the judgement of sin? no escaping that one...

so what are you free from?
I'm free from the wrath of God. I'm free from trying to obey the Law in order to please God. The Law never made anyone righteous -- it only serves as a schoolmaster to point out where we fail. Paul wrote that in Romans. Have you heard?

Old 07-16-2014, 04:46 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,608,571 times
I would also be careful not to be too harsh judgmental.. Jesus said not to judge, but rather to judge righteous judgment.
and also "with the same measure of judgment you judge, it will be meted to you" in other words, if we are harsh with others, because that is our standard, God will use that same amount to us. Teachers and preachers are going to have a harsher judgment because they were responsibie for leading others.

So if i have compassion on others, God will also show compassion on me, but if I am harsh to others, God will show that same harshness to me.

Well that is what it says! I would take heed and be a bit more compassionate, as God is holding us responsible for every word, thought and things we say and think.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:34 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,923,780 times
Quote:
NO..NO..NO...WRONG..WRONG..WRONG

YOU don't get a pass!!!...where do you people get this from...WE ALL WILL BE JUDGED!!!

GOD Laws are not done away with....THIS is what's going to get a LOT of "christians" destroyed.

^^^And this was not a GOOD thing do as the majority of christians misinterpret this very scripture. GOD is going to judge us for making his word INVALID...understand?!! by following Pagan witchcraft customs and traditions like Halloween and Christmas...Nimrod worship

Yes all will be judged, but some have accomplished these very tough -musts-
Matt 16:24--one must disown themselves to follow Jesus. ---a very difficult task for any.
And this as well--Ephesians 4:22-24---a description of how one really is considered--born again----
By stripping off the old personality( worker of iniquity) and putting on the new personality( righteousness)--- a very hard accomplishment in a satan ruled world( system)

One would be different, not following the crowd--Jesus taught would even be hated.

How many of your teachers have shown you these truths?

Gods word teaches--the new covenant, Jesus brought= Love--Under Love law would be written on ones heart-If you loved your brother--you wouldn't steal from him, or envy him, or hate him because of a different skin color, wouldn't commit adultery on him, etc,etc--If one has real Love--they would never do anything to cause hurt or pain to another. Or to God.
This world seems to be practicing the opposite. Its not easy following Jesus--would you be saying---- forgive them Father, they know not what they do----- I doubt I could. It would take, God, being with one to be able to say that.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:08 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,421,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Yes all will be judged, but some have accomplished these very tough -musts-
Matt 16:24--one must disown themselves to follow Jesus. ---a very difficult task for any.
And this as well--Ephesians 4:22-24---a description of how one really is considered--born again----
By stripping off the old personality( worker of iniquity) and putting on the new personality( righteousness)--- a very hard accomplishment in a satan ruled world( system)

One would be different, not following the crowd--Jesus taught would even be hated.

How many of your teachers have shown you these truths?

Gods word teaches--the new covenant, Jesus brought= Love--Under Love law would be written on ones heart-If you loved your brother--you wouldn't steal from him, or envy him, or hate him because of a different skin color, wouldn't commit adultery on him, etc,etc--If one has real Love--they would never do anything to cause hurt or pain to another. Or to God.
This world seems to be practicing the opposite. Its not easy following Jesus--would you be saying---- forgive them Father, they know not what they do----- I doubt I could. It would take, God, being with one to be able to say that.
Correct, because if only truly loved God he would turn from sin and not ... do it. Many still willingly and knowingly sin, sins that are clearly exclusionary for a Christian and claim it is OK as they were washed free by Jesus. Their actions deny such a cleaning. Note; referring specifically to those sins clearly indicated as keeping one from heaven. Minor sins due to imperfection are not an issue, but major ones that involve choice are.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:05 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,505,135 times
Quote:
Moderator cut: deleted

Majority of Christians have no clue of the High Holy Days in The Holy Bible, but yet they celebrate every single one of the Heathenistic traditional days but play it down as "goofy traditions that mean nothing"...but if they mean nothing, why do "christians" spend so much money preparing for these pagan days? but not one penny is spent towards the Holy Days that Yeshua kept and told us to keep.

I pointed out already how most Christians don't keep the Sabbath.. but in addition to not keeping the Sabbath, the majority of Christians have no clue about The Feast of Purim, The Feast of Tabernacles, The Feast of First Fruits, etc..

Can any "Christian" in here explain this gross lack of understanding the difference between what is a "Holy Day" and what is not? When the Holy Days are to be observed? and why the traditions of Heathen "holidays" are not to be practiced, period?

"Christians"? Pagans? Let's talk about it.
I have yet to read how you keep the Sabbath or any other supposedly required Holy Days.

I have a few questions:
Whose standards are being used as to what is satisfactorily keeping them .... your's ? God's ?

I would hope that you'd stated God's. If so then:

Do you know what the law requires in keeping them according to God's standards?

Would you care to provide a percentage over the course of your lifetime the law requires you to keep the law without fail?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity