Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 03:19 AM

951 posts, read 1,053,898 times

Advertisements

As Christmas is pagan and part of the Mark of the Beast, so is New Year's.

This article will show you that New Year's comes from paganism:

Article: The Truth About NEW YEAR'S!
Title: The Truth About New Year's!
Publication: The Plain Truth
Issue: Dec 1964
Publisher: Ambassador College
Editor: Herbert W Armstrong
Number: Vol 29, No 12
Page: 25
Type: Article
Type Media: PDF
Article:

http://www.cog-web-svc.com/hwa/pt/19..._New_Years.pdf

If you are truly a Christian you should avoid both Christmas and New Year's...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 04:16 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,056,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post

Article:

So what New Years should we celebrate?...

Old 11-30-2012, 05:12 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,935,781 times
People dont't care what they celebrate.

They just want to celebrate.

Give them reasons you think it's wrong for you and they get mad at you.
One, because you don't contribute to their fun.
Two, becaue you don't need or want what they offer.
Three, because so much of commercial job creation is about these family, friend-fun celebrations.

Once you opt out of the hoop-la?
You can be alone with God to celebrate Who He is, What He does, and Why He does it.
Gee, people see your celebration is not about them, how they feel, what they want or need from you.
They find someone else.

Jesus said Suffer the little children to come unto Me.
How many parents, grandparents will do that?

No instead they begg, borrow and bribe their children with celebrations
of fun for Them to see Jesus is every celebration of themselves.
Then when they get to be adults?
They wonder where God is, and why He does not answer Their Desires like the parents and grandparents.

How many suffer their children to come to Christ.

Jesus didn't suffer and die for a party.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:24 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,145,354 times
Quote:

Article:

WILL YOU GIVE IT A REST ALREADY WITH ALL THE CONDEMNATION!!!!!!!!!

There is nothing wrong with going to church for a watch night service to bring in the new year in the house of God. In our current Calendar the new year is Jan 1rst...while it makes no sense for a new year to start in the middle of winter, it is what it is and we cant change the calendar now. This is not the biblical days when the new year started in March. We live in the USA and the New Year begins January 1rst here.

As long as your not being involved in drunkenness and lewd behavior, your doing nothing wrong.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:03 AM

987 posts, read 1,119,758 times
The gospel is GOOD NEWS for ALL PEOPLE. Death is an enemy, according to Paul, 1 Cor. 15:26--the last ENEMY to be abolished.... So what is so wrong with celebrating LIFE and giving thanks?

Are you sure you should be using the internet? There are some really evil and nasty things that occur via the airwaves.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:07 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,056,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
The gospel is GOOD NEWS for ALL PEOPLE. Death is an enemy, according to Paul, 1 Cor. 15:26--the last ENEMY to be abolished.... So what is so wrong with celebrating LIFE and giving thanks?

Are you sure you should be using the internet? There are some really evil and nasty things that occur via the airwaves.
What is the Gospel?...

Old 11-30-2012, 07:12 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,829,068 times
In my life the changing of the seasons is not some religious experience. It is natural and not super natural. New Years to me is just another day- I never celebrate it..what for? I am joyful when spring arrives...but I don't dance around a may pole...I find it interesting if there is an eclipse but I don't bow in awe like a pagan when one rock in the sky passes over another. Besides calenders are not accurate - nor is time..we adjust time every year...one hour forward or one hour back- I have a clock in my bedroom and I don't mess with it...right now it reads one hour forward...I will wait till it adjusts itself...

I don't like people messing with my time. When midnight rolls around and the drunks howl in glee because it is a new year- well to me- nothing has changed....Pagans are to fixed on the un-natural natural.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:05 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,188,100 times
What a sad, sad joyless existence you must live.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:23 AM

1,196 posts, read 754,710 times
Quote:
This article will show you that New Year's comes from paganism: If you are truly a Christian you should avoid both Christmas and New Year's...

You are so right, still this is satan’s world. And even though many are shown proof concerning the many holidays, having pagan origins They refuse to change. Satan as always make his way seem a lot more fun than Jehovah God’s way. Sad, if many only knew, we can walk in the ways of Jehovah God, and STILL have fun. True followers of Jesus, don’t need to be part of the world, (John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world), in order to enjoy themselves. Also enjoying the worldly holidays will cause one to lose their lives. Because many choose to follow what man say should be done. Which we should say away from ,(Colo. 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ).

We are, even if many don’t believe, in the last days, before satan wicked system is destroyed. Jesus told us when we would know this , (Matt.24:3-12). ALL governments, in which many follow, NOT knowing the governments are OF satan. Don’t get it twisted, Jehovah God just allowed them to be here…for a while. They will be destroyed Because they have the mark of the beast. and they are going against Jehovah God, but not for long! Jesus and his Heavenly army will handle that!, (Rev. 19:19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army).

Right Along with those false ministers who’s encouraging worldly practices, like “birthdays” ,Christmas , and easter ,(Rev. 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image). And if we “christians” don’t straighten up and fly right. We will go down right along with satan. Following the world, means one HAS the mark of the beast, (Rev.13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads), it's your world! peace

Old 11-30-2012, 09:23 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,820,928 times
Who came up with this idea that holidays shouldn't be celebrated because they have pagan roots and are thus impossible to "Christianize"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity