Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 12:23 PM

951 posts, read 1,053,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glad2bHere! View Post
Yeah...thanks...say it walkin', will ya?

BTW: For folks who are scratching their heads, the origin of the term "pagan" comes from the Latin PAGANI (lit: "farmer") but meant to designate common folk. Today we might say "the guy on the street" or "the common Joe" or "Joe Average".
The term was "borrowed" by Early Christian authors as a way of finding a "genteel" way to refer to the "unwashed masses" who had yet to be brought into the "pathes of goodness and righteousness", if you know what I mean.

Especially with the various books that were floating about the Empire, the Council of Nicea was called, and in time the term "pagan" was corrupted to mean "those unwashed masses" whose practices were particularly at a difference from Christian practices or were particularly repugnant to Christian sensibilities. We've been confusing Non-Christian practices
and alcohol-lace Mazola parties ever since.
And that great display of knowledge you just brought into the discussion somehow gives you the right to trample all over the Holy Days of God and embrace pagan practices that were being practiced centuries and sometimes millennia before the birth of Christ that were "Christianized" by the church of Beast and was the mark they put on their followers whereas God's sign identifiying His people is the Holy Sabbath (Exodus 31).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 12:41 PM

398 posts, read 545,701 times
Nope....I tell you what it MAY do..... it may give me the ability to call you a "liar" now.

Before you could just plead ignorance about the term. Now that you know the truth about the term you are willfully choosing to use improperly. In our culture the willful misrepresentation of falsehood as truth is called "lying" and the person who does it is called a "liar".

Oh...now the word "liar"...now that IS in the Old Testament and New Testament.

Old 12-13-2012, 01:03 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"Even the Bible is Syncretistical in nature, often combining contradictory belief systems; heaven and hell."

Old 12-13-2012, 01:50 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,140,925 times
We live in the USA and Jan 1rst is our new years, and in other countries other days may be there new years. It makes no sense no to complain about a calendar that was made 500 yrs ago by Rome and is here to stay until Christ returns. It is what it is and we change go back in time.

While the OP is correct that most Christians dont observe the 7 holy days, he has yet to justify or be able to back (NO C.O.G. MATERIALS PLEASE!!!) what is wrong with celebrating the new years day whether its in church at a watch night service or at home or a party as long as there is no lewd or vile behavior (getting drunk, causal sex with strangers, stealing or robbing people).

Old 12-13-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Nope....I tell you what it MAY do..... it may give me the ability to call you a "liar" now.

Before you could just plead ignorance about the term. Now that you know the truth about the term you are willfully choosing to use improperly. In our culture the willful misrepresentation of falsehood as truth is called "lying" and the person who does it is called a "liar".

Oh...now the word "liar"...now that IS in the Old Testament and New Testament.
No. You are not an authority. If our organization uses the term pagan, I will stick with pagan. You don't count, OK? No offense, but you really don't, and you know it.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
No. God is not the author of confusion. He does not mix paganism and true Christianity. The church of the Beast is a false worldly church that mixed their concepts and terms concerning Christianity with the ancient pagan celebrations of the people that the Beast (Roman Empire) ruled over.

True Christianity and basic concepts of how to serve God and when to worship God and Christ are found in the Holy Scriptures and not in the church of the Beast or any of her daughters that came out of her in Protest (Revelation 17).

Christmas, New Year's, Easter, Sunday worship form the Mark of the Beast and identify the worshippers of the god of this world.

The Seventh-Day Sabbath identify those who worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and the true Christ who is also Lord of the Sabbath.

It's time this nation repented and put away these false pagan days and turned to God and Christ and the days given in the Holy Scriptures!

Old 12-13-2012, 07:33 PM

335 posts, read 334,944 times
You are aware, I would hope, that the Seventh Day on which you observe the Sabbath is Saturday -- named after a pagan god.

This only shows that it would be impossible to remove everything "pagan" from your life, and the harping about "pagan" holidays is just simply silly. The typical Christian at Christmas has converted what may have been a pagan celebration into a Christian celebration. The fact that they now observe a Christian holiday is the pertinent point.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:03 PM

398 posts, read 545,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
No. You are not an authority. If our organization uses the term pagan, I will stick with pagan. You don't count, OK? No offense, but you really don't, and you know it.
Yep....cuz in the final analysis its all about the organization.

God counts me.....which keeps you exactly where you are.....as a petty annoyance. :hamd

Oh...btw: God told me that I am now in charge of your organization and you are suppose to forward all revenues to me.

Need the account number?

Old 12-13-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Yep....cuz in the final analysis its all about the organization.

God counts me.....which keeps you exactly where you are.....as a petty annoyance. :hamd

Oh...btw: God told me that I am now in charge of your organization and you are suppose to forward all revenues to me.

Need the account number?
No, don't.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Merton View Post
You are aware, I would hope, that the Seventh Day on which you observe the Sabbath is Saturday -- named after a pagan god.

This only shows that it would be impossible to remove everything "pagan" from your life, and the harping about "pagan" holidays is just simply silly. The typical Christian at Christmas has converted what may have been a pagan celebration into a Christian celebration. The fact that they now observe a Christian holiday is the pertinent point.
No.

Technically, the 7th Day Sabbath is not Saturday. The 7th Day Sabbath observance begins at sunset Friday evening and continues until sunset Saturday evening.

Christ condemned the keeping of the traditions and commandments of MEN instead of keeping the Commandments of GOD! Have you ever read Mark 7? Well, have you?

Mark 7:
7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men...

9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

You are laying aside the commandments of GOD to keep YOUR pagan holidays and YOUR weekly Sun-day worship. You have absolutely NO EXCUSE and no support from the scriptures for your actions! You are sinning and disobeying God and rejecting the very words of Jesus Christ who is Lord of the Sabbath.

When will this nation WAKE UP and quit disobeying God and the real Jesus Christ? When?

This NATION is going to be destroyed for all of our sins against God! Nothing seems to wake them up and probably scores of well placed nukes on our nation won't wake them up either (see note below), that is the ones that survive this coming horror...

Again, I say, WAKE UP!!!

PS:

Isaiah 6:
9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.
11 Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate,
12 And the LORD have removed men far away, and there be a great forsaking in the midst of the land.
13 But yet in it shall be a tenth, and it shall return, and shall be eaten: as a teil tree, and as an oak, whose substance is in them, when they cast their leaves: so the holy seed shall be the substance thereof.

Hopefully, after at least 2/3 of this nation is killed by the coming famine, nuclear holocaust and subsequent famine, sickness and disease, maybe the words in the scriptures above, maybe they will come to pass and maybe, just maybe men will have their blindness removed (nuked out of them) and begin to obey God and the real Jesus Christ and begin to keep God's Commandments, Sabbaths and annual Holy Days/Festivals and special observances of God! Let us all hope that after these horrors hit our nation that those who survive will eventually come around and get rid of all these worldly doctrines that they have accepted from the church of the Beast (Roman Empire)!

Again, I say, WAKE UP!!! Open your eyes and obey God and the very words of Jesus Christ!!!

Last edited by tthttf; 12-14-2012 at 07:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity