Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 11:06 AM

951 posts, read 1,055,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Merton View Post
I once questioned a Jehovah's Witness on this very subject, because I think the no-Christmas because its pagan idea is hard on children. It turns out they reject all the holidays as pagan.

It occurred to me then, and I repeat it, that if one is going to avoid anything in the culture that has a pagan origin, or pagan aspects, one may as well dig a hole and bury oneself. The calendar, the brand names of most cars (is a JW going to get into a "Mercury") many of the foods we eat, the names of many cities and towns, and a significant part of the English language vocabulary are a few examples.

There is such a thing as sincere religious belief, but there is also such a thing as superstitious religiosity.
There is no mystery as to the origin of Christmas, New Year's, Easter, Sunday worship. They are pagan in origin and the syncretic approach of the church of the Beast accommodated the pagan subjects of the Beast (Roman Empire) by taking their pagan feasts and putting Christian names on them and assigning events that are recorded in the Bible to the time of these pagan celebrations and observances (Christ was born probably in the late Summer/early Fall, not at the Winter solstice).

syn·cre·tism noun 1. Reconciliation or fusion of differing systems of belief, as in philosophy or religion, especially when success is partial or the result is heterogeneous.

True Christian should avoid these pagan days. They are not of God nor of Christ. Christ and the early apostles kept the Holy Days of God and we have proof of that in the Scriptures.

What you are trying to do is to make people feel that if they participate in some pagan institutions and not in others then they are hypocrites. But Christ made allowance for this and said:

Matthew 22:21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Mark 12:17 And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

Luke 20:25 And he said unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which be Caesar's, and unto God the things which be God's.

Now, where do we find out how to worship God and how to render unto God the things that are God's. In the teachings, commandments and traditions of the church of the Beast? No! We find out how to worship God and the true Jesus Christ in the Bible!

Does Christ tell us to keep His birthday or to celebrate the New Year? No! Is the birth of Nimrod, the pagan saviour whose birthday is the one that is really celebrated on the winter solstice pagan? Yes! Is New Year's a pagan celebration as well? Yes!

So, a true Christian needs to avoid these worldly pagan holidays and worship God and Christ on the days listed in the Scriptures.

Leviticus 23 contains the weekly and annual days/feasts/memorials to worship God and Christ on:

Weekly:
SEVENTH-DAY SABBATH

Annual:
PASSOVER
DAYS OF UNLEAVENED BREAD
PENTECOST (FEAST OF WEEKS/FEAST OF FIRSTFRUITS)
FEAST OF TRUMPETS
DAY OF ATONEMENT
FEAST OF TABERNACLES
LAST GREAT DAY (8TH DAY AFTER THE 7-DAY FEAST OF TABERNACLES)

The true worship of God and Christ on these days should be a obvious. Worship God and Christ on the exact days that Christ and the early apostles worshiped on and which can also be found in God's Instruction Book to all mankind -- the Holy Bible.

When will modern Christianity wake up and acknowledge their error? When? I feel I know the answer but time will tell all of us for sure...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 11:14 AM

398 posts, read 546,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
There is no mystery as to the origin of Christmas, New Year's, Easter, Sunday worship. They are pagan in origin and the syncretic approach of the church of the Beast accommodated the pagan subjects of the Beast (Roman Empire) by taking their pagan feasts and putting Christian names on them and assigning events that are recorded in the Bible to the time of these pagan celebrations and observances (Christ was born probably in the late Summer/early Fall, not at the Winter solstice).

syn·cre·tism noun 1. Reconciliation or fusion of differing systems of belief, as in philosophy or religion, especially when success is partial or the result is heterogeneous.

True Christian should avoid these pagan days. They are not of God nor of Christ. Christ and the early apostles kept the Holy Days of God and we have proof of that in the Scriptures.

What you are trying to do is to make people feel that if they participate in some pagan institutions and not in others then they are hypocrites. But Christ made allowance for this and said:

Does Christ tell us to keep His birthday or to celebrate the New Year? No! Is the birth of Nimrod, the pagan saviour whose birthday is the one that is really celebrated on the winter solstice pagan? Yes! Is New Year's a pagan celebration as well? Yes!

So, a true Christian needs to avoid these worldly pagan holidays and worship God and Christ on the days listed in the Scriptures.

Leviticus 23 contains the weekly and annual days/feasts/memorials to worship God and Christ on:

Weekly:
SEVENTH-DAY SABBATH

Annual:
PASSOVER
DAYS OF UNLEAVENED BREAD
FEAST OF TRUMPETS
DAY OF ATONEMENT
FEAST OF TABERNACLES

The true worship of God and Christ on these days should be a obvious. Worship God and Christ on the exact days that Christ and the early apostles worshiped on and which can also be found in God's Instruction Book to all mankind -- the Holy Bible.

When will modern Christianity wake up and acknowledge their error? When? I feel I know the answer but time will tell all of us for sure...
Ah.......I am really surprised that no one in this collection of "erudite" Christians has found cause to ask you if you understand the actual meaning of the word "pagan". I mean you keep dipping into the Old Testament and going back to things like "The Passover". Well, OK.....lets go back to the actual literal meaning of the word "pagan". Do you actually KNOW what the word means....what its origins might have been?

As a matter of fact who told you Christmas had anything to do with "Nimrod"? I mean....do you actually READ anything about History or do you just pull this stuff out of nowhere? Is that your idea of being inspired by the Holy Ghost". Gees-louise!

You don't, do you.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:23 AM

335 posts, read 335,447 times
Quote:
You know something -- almost all Christians -- in fact almost everybody -- already knows all this.

Would you drive a Mercury? It's named after a pagan god.

Your sort of absurd excess seems designed to give Bible thumping a bad name.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Merton View Post
You know something -- almost all Christians -- in fact almost everybody -- already knows all this.

Would you drive a Mercury? It's named after a pagan god.

Your sort of absurd excess seems designed to give Bible thumping a bad name.
Not really. But you are trying to give me a bad name and I am merely rejecting your false pagan days that came out of the Roman Empire and are the Mark of the Beast (the Roman Empire) and were enforced by punishment of death on all their subjects and will be enforced again by death in the years just before Christ's Return.

I advocate rendering unto God the things that are truly God's. And His Days, the very ones He commanded to be kept, are all listed in His Holy Word the Bible! You are the one advocating going away from the Scriptures and embracing the doctrines and the commandments and traditions of men that were instituted and enforced by the church of the Beast and her Protestant daughters that came out of her in protest but still kept most/many of her doctrines.

What I am saying should be quite obvious if you know your Bible.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Not really. But you are trying to give me a bad name and I am merely rejecting your false pagan days that came out of the Roman Empire and are the Mark of the Beast (the Roman Empire) and were forced by punishment of death on all their subjects and will be enforced again by death in the years just before Christ's Return.

I advocate rendering unto God the things that are truly God's. And His Days, the very ones He commanded to be kept, are all listed in His Holy Word the Bible! You are the one advocating going away from the Scriptures and embracing the doctrines and the commandments and traditions of men that were instituted and enforced by the church of the Beast and her Protestant daughters that came out of her in protest but still kept most/many of her doctrines.

What I am saying should be quite obvious if you know your Bible.

Yeah...and you might garner a bit more respect if YOU knew your history. Who the heck told you that
"....false pagan days that came out of the Roman Empire and are the Mark of the Beast (the Roman Empire) and were forced by punishment of death on all their subjects."

Do you actually KNOW ANYTHING about Roman culture and their respect for their religious traditions?

Do you actually know ANYTHING about their religious traditions themselves?

What you don't seem to understand is not everyone on here is an un-educated dolt (no offense to the uneducated dolts in the audience). You can't just go making glittering generalizations about a culture and not run into folks who have actually studied that culture and its history.

Now unless you have some historic documentation----at this point I would even settle for Gibbons or Josephus-----may be time to give yer little dog-and-pony show a rest, yes?

Old 12-13-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glad2bHere! View Post
Yeah...and you might garner a bit more respect if YOU knew your history. Who the heck told you that
"....false pagan days that came out of the Roman Empire and are the Mark of the Beast (the Roman Empire) and were forced by punishment of death on all their subjects."

Do you actually KNOW ANYTHING about Roman culture and their respect for their religious traditions?

Do you actually know ANYTHING about their religious traditions themselves?

What you don't seem to understand is not everyone on here is an un-educated dolt (no offense to the uneducated dolts in the audience). You can't just go making glittering generalizations about a culture and not run into folks who have actually studied that culture and its history.

Now unless you have some historic documentation----at this point I would even settle for Gibbons or Josephus-----may be time to give yer little dog-and-pony show a rest, yes?
How about the Holy Scriptures themselves? They do not support your pagan holidays and never have...

Notice, I didn't call you a dolt...

Old 12-13-2012, 11:49 AM

1,469 posts, read 1,804,153 times
Default Don't celebrate anything

Christmas needs to be thrown in there too; VERY pagan! Oh happy Winter Solistice!!

Old 12-13-2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:
How about the Holy Scriptures themselves? They do not support your pagan holidays and never have...

Notice, I didn't call you a dolt...
You just don't get it, do you.

Do you know what PAGAN means? Do you?

If you do then you know that the word itself could never have occurred in the OLD OR NEW testament without being inserted for effect by people AFTER the Roman Empire. It is an artifact of translation and an improper use of a word at that.

Now do you know what the word means or not??

Old 12-13-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glad2bHere! View Post
You just don't get it, do you.

Do you know what PAGAN means? Do you?

If you do then you know that the word itself could never have occurred in the OLD OR NEW testament without being inserted for effect by people AFTER the Roman Empire. It is an artifact of translation and an improper use of a word at that.

Now do you know what the word means or not??
Well, it appears you have found your loophole. Now, God's Word has no more hold on you. You can join the church of the Beast and let your worship get as far away from the scriptures as you like and do just as you please...

But remember this. In God's Word is given the very way to worship God! You are not going to find out how to worship God in the church of the Beast or in one of her daughters that came out of her in Protest.

Weekly:
SEVENTH-DAY SABBATH

Annual:
PASSOVER
DAYS OF UNLEAVENED BREAD
FEAST OF TRUMPETS
DAY OF ATONEMENT
FEAST OF TABERNACLES

Old 12-13-2012, 12:13 PM

Yeah...thanks...say it walkin', will ya?

BTW: For folks who are scratching their heads, the origin of the term "pagan" comes from the Latin PAGANI (lit: "farmer") but meant to designate common folk. Today we might say "the guy on the street" or "the common Joe" or "Joe Average".
The term was "borrowed" by Early Christian authors as a way of finding a "genteel" way to refer to the "unwashed masses" who had yet to be brought into the "pathes of goodness and righteousness", if you know what I mean.

Especially with the various books that were floating about the Empire, the Council of Nicea was called, and in time the term "pagan" was corrupted to mean "those unwashed masses" whose practices were particularly at a difference from Christian practices or were particularly repugnant to Christian sensibilities. We've been confusing Non-Christian practices
and alcohol-lace Mazola parties ever since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity