Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 11:03 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times

Advertisements

Jesus spoke Law and Gospel ... Judgment and Salvation:

John 8:47
Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. (Gospel \ Salvation)
The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.” (Law \ Judgment)

what did God say:

John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, (Gospel \ Salvation)
but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.
(Law \ Judgment)

John 7:7
The world cannot hate you, but it hates me because I testify that its works are evil. (Law \ Judgment)

John 3:19
This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, (Gospel \ Salvation)
but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. (Law \ Judgment)

Revelation 2:6
But you have this in your favor: You hate the practices of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate. (Law \ Judgment)

Matthew 10:28
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul.
Rather, be afraid of the One (God) who can destroy both soul and body in hell. (Law \ Judgment)

Matthew 18:9
... It is better for you to enter life with one eye (Gospel \ Salvation)
than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell. (Law \ Judgment)

Matthew 23:33
“You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? (Law \ Judgment)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew 10:34
“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth.
I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. "
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2014, 12:05 PM

8,176 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Ha! Well, you're safe -- sparrow doesn't bite... right sparrow?
sparrows don't have teeth.

Old 08-02-2014, 12:18 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
sparrows don't have teeth.
Neither does that devil the god of hate, since Jesus knocked his teeth out . Love always overcomes hate.

Old 08-04-2014, 09:05 PM

As this OP effectively demonstrated, the way people deal with the Law which Justice demands is to obfuscate the truth and or simply deal with it by denying sin or questioning God's hatred of sin and sinner.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:01 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Amen, Twin !
Yes, the OP was very effective in its demonstration, especially when speaking God's Word in Truth cannot or will not leave men/women unconcerned it will either arouse them to repentance which is a godly action, or as we can see in this very thread it will arouse them to ungodly hostility as they see themselves in the light of God’s Word, amen !

Those in whom walk in the light, the Spirit of God can see a heart for God's truth witnessing in Twin's posting.... it is a desire to bring men/women as he shares that Scripture as a totality carrying God’s urgent word to the world that now is the day of salvation, too repent of their sin.

The desire should be in all genuine born again believers how important it is too speak the Word of God, sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ. That the Spirit of God plant the seed of God's word that it may one day come to life in the heart of that individual, leading one unto repentance.
As it is God's word that draws through the heart, creating a broken and contrite spirit, a hatred for their sin . And with all their heart they turn and agree with God's hate with sin to repentance !

He who conceals his transgressions will not prosper,
But he who confesses and forsakes them will find compassion. Proverbs 28:13

As we can see also in this thread knowledge puffs up and is prideful, creating behavior in actions of anger, bitterness, division, false acussations, tale bearers, haughtiness, walking in total opposition toward those who uphold with all their heart the spoken, written Word of God...... especially the truth of how God hates sin and the one who choose to be a sinner by rejecting God's truth !

May there be many through the faithfulness of God's servants praying this prayer.......

10 With all my heart I have sought You;
Do not let me wander from Your commandments.
11 Your word I have treasured in my heart,
That I may not sin against You.
12 Blessed are You, O Lord; teach me Your statutes.
Psalm 119:10-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
As this OP effectively demonstrated, the way people deal with the Law which Justice demands is to obfuscate the truth and or simply deal with it by denying sin or questioning God's hatred of sin and sinner.

Old 08-05-2014, 12:41 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
No one denies sin nor denies that God opposes it. The true obfuscation is the result of corrupt "precepts and doctrines of men." It is the use of words like hate in complete ignorance of the genesis of the emotion that corrupts understanding God and Jesus. It is the pretense that there is anything remotely resembling justice in an infinite consequence for a finite offense that reveals a complete lack of understanding of the concept of justice and corrupts understanding God and Jesus. It is the continued promotion of fear as a motivator when it prevents the existence of pure "agape love for God and each other" that corrupts the understanding of God and Jesus.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:30 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina
Dead is he who defies the will of Talos, for the One True God delights in the torment of the unbeliever. Thy foolish devotion to a Bronze Age monstrosity is like ash in the mouth of mighty Talos, and thy will surely perish into the eternal gloom of oblivion should thy continue thou course. Great is Talos's anger and small is the reason for his rage; thou will be smitten into little bitty chunks of meat for thy refusal to bow down and worship the only God that matters - Talos, O' Great and Mighty God of Storms, may thou lightning bolts split the sky asunder so that Truth will be revealed through the parting clouds.

And ... and ... I dunnae. Yada yada, I guess.
Yahweh shall smite Talos at the end of days, Shirina, and then fry your ass in hell for all eternity for picking the wrong god.

Old 08-09-2014, 07:51 AM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
I believe that the belief in an eternal hell may lead someone to believe that God is hate or that He ultimately hates His enemies, although Jesus tells us to love our enemies and to be perfect just as our Father in heaven is perfect. If you believe that God sends people to eternal suffering and torment, this reflects or is indicative of a hateful Creator. His hatred for these people lasts forever because they suffer forever. This in direct conflict with God's word which tells us that God's tender mercies are over all of His works, that He is a God described as love. He teaches us what love is and hatred is not listed.

It is not a lovey dovey kind of love. God condemns, punishes, destroys, and brings man to destruction, out of His love for them, not because He is full of hate. God loves His enemies. We already know that because Jesus died for His enemies. This does not mean that He does not deal with evil and sin. But He does not turn His love on and off. He cannot because He is love. He is always love.

Luke 6

27 "But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who [o]mistreat you. 29 Whoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also; and whoever takes away your [p]coat, do not withhold your [q]shirt from him either. 30 Give to everyone who asks of you, and whoever takes away what is yours, do not demand it back. 31 [r]Treat others the same way you want [s]them to treat you. 32 If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. 33 If you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. 34 If you lend to those from whom you expect to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners in order to receive back the same amount. 35 But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, [t]expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men. 36 [u]Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

God bless.

Old 08-10-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I believe that the belief in an eternal hell may lead someone to believe that God is hate or that He ultimately hates His enemies, although Jesus tells us to love our enemies and to be perfect just as our Father in heaven is perfect. If you believe that God sends people to eternal suffering and torment, this reflects or is indicative of a hateful Creator. His hatred for these people lasts forever because they suffer forever. This in direct conflict with God's word which tells us that God's tender mercies are over all of His works, that He is a God described as love. He teaches us what love is and hatred is not listed.

It is not a lovey dovey kind of love. God condemns, punishes, destroys, and brings man to destruction, out of His love for them, not because He is full of hate. God loves His enemies. We already know that because Jesus died for His enemies. This does not mean that He does not deal with evil and sin. But He does not turn His love on and off. He cannot because He is love. He is always love.
You're the one who is in direct conflict with God's word which tells us (not only post #1) but also ((by no means an complete list))
Romans 1:18
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness,

Psalm 7:11
God is a righteous judge, a God who displays his wrath every day.

Isaiah 1:24
Therefore the Lord, the Lord Almighty, the Mighty One of Israel, declares: “Ah! I will vent my wrath on my foes and avenge myself on my enemies."

Isaiah 30:27
See, the Name of the Lord comes from afar, with burning anger and dense clouds of smoke; his lips are full of wrath, and his tongue is a consuming fire.

Jeremiah 10:10
But the Lord is the true God; he is the living God, the eternal King.
When he is angry, the earth trembles; the nations cannot endure his wrath.

Malachi 1:4
Edom may say, “Though we have been crushed, we will rebuild the ruins.”
But this is what the Lord Almighty says: “They may build, but I will demolish. They will be called the Wicked Land, a people always under the wrath of the Lord.

Matthew 3:7
But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? "

John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

Ephesians 5:6
Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient.

Revelation 6:16
They called to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb!

Old 08-12-2014, 12:38 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Then there's the truth that the hated by God love those that are loved by God

You who believe that God hates sinners, should go read Genesis 33 without bias and see someone who you believe is literally hated by God, loving and showing no ill feeling towards someone loved by God who stole is birthright( yes i know what the scripture says, but trying that to Esau at that time).

Your false gospel of hate and vengeance displays the world in a better light than this god of hate you are under the control of.

There really is absolutely no excuse for believing and attributing to the Living God the things you do, because you have been repeatedly shown otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity