Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2014, 07:10 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times

Advertisements

Is it wrong for me to hate my own sin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 07:12 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,710,208 times
I like this from Calvin quoting Augustine:
loving, though at enmity with us because of sin. … in a manner wondrous and divine, he loved even when he hated us.
This is the balance which gets lost by both sides.

Blessed be Augustine.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:24 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,488,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
We all came out of God, Twin., even the devil. All things were made by the God through the Lord Jesus Christ. Colossians 1:

15 [w]He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For [x]by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authoritiesall things have been created through Him and for Him. 17 He [y]is before all things, and in Him all things [z]hold together.
Purposefully distorting the context is a common trait ...

The devil did not come from God. The devil is evil.
The devil choose to rebel (when we're not told).

At creation God created all things that were good. Since Satan's rebellion God's hate has existed and will continue as Psalm 5:5 states and where Jesus says in John 3:16 \ John 3:36, which the hate of sin and all who did evil will endure their just punishment and the righteous will recieve their just reward as Jesus says it will in Matthew 25:46.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
(1)Do you believe that you were once the devil's offspring, Twin?

(2a)When did Jesus die for you, when you were the devil's offspring
(2b) ....... or after you believed?

(3)Would you be here without God, who is the source of all things? God bless and peace.
I believe attempting to turn the focus away is a common bait and switch to move the light away from an unjustifiable position and attempt to make it about me.

I believe that this eventual turning away the focus by the some of the same folk is due to the condition as 1 Corinthians 2:14 teaches.

I believe that at other times people don't listen to what God said because:

Last edited by twin.spin; 07-30-2014 at 07:32 PM..

Old 07-30-2014, 07:30 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,488,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

Did you know that Jesus said if you hate someone in your heart you have murdered them ? Was he speaking his own words here or God's
?.

Now, here Jesus is clearly stating that if you hate you are a murderer and if you are murderer you are of your Father the devil because he was a murderer from the beginning.
Since Jesus is God, trying to be clever and using his own words against him will be shown for the futility that it is.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:40 PM

14,876 posts, read 17,148,619 times
Colossians 1 tells us that all things were created by God through Jesus Christ.

I choose to believe the scriptures.

Colossians 1

15 [w]He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For [x]by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authoritiesall things have been created through Him and for Him. 17 He [y]is before all things, and in Him all things [z]hold together.

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.

The devil did not create himself, Twin. Do you believe that satan and the devil are the same? God bless.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:42 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Since Jesus is God, trying to be clever and using his own words against him will be shown for the futility that it is.
So what you are saying Jesus being Jehovah spoke out of both sides of his mouth. If you hate you are a murderer and a murderer is of their father the devil. Jesus Christ did not endorse hate, maybe he forgot he was Jehovah. He taught that hate is of the devil, the same devil that came only to steal away the truth of who God really is.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:46 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
loving, though at enmity with us because of sin. … in a manner wondrous and divine, he loved even when he hated us.

Blessed be Augustine.
He loves us, even when we err; missing the mark.
But you are having a difficult time with this.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:47 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about.

For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:16 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Blessed be Augustine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
He loves us, even when we err; missing the mark.
But you are having a difficult time with this.
I was pretty certain that the dissonance would be far too strong after 30 years, Jer. It has become gestalt and cannot be changed. If it comforts him . . . so be it. His walk is in "love of God and each other."

Old 07-30-2014, 08:19 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So what you are saying Jesus being Jehovah spoke out of both sides of his mouth. If you hate you are a murderer and a murderer is of their father the devil. Jesus Christ did not endorse hate, maybe he forgot he was Jehovah. He taught that hate is of the devil, the same devil that came only to steal away the truth of who God really is.
I think that we are dealing almost exclusively with gestalt perceptions ingrained over decades of indoctrination. If so . . . they cannot be changed. When it corrupts the "love of God and each other" . . . as it does for some here . . . it is tragic . . . but unavoidable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity