Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 04:21 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Would it make sense if they were judged righteous due to their inability to understand the issue of sin?
"God is no respecter of persons" ..... Acts 10:34
"people are without excuse" ......Romans 1:20
"without faith it is impossible to please God" ..... Hebrews 11:6

"But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows." .... Jesus Luke 12:48

All that God has ever taught is that believers go to heaven eternally \ unbelievers go to hell eternally.
"I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just" .... Jesus
Age of Accountability policy is also the backhanded accusation of God by human reason offering an alternative exemption.

In the OT God said:
Exodus 33:19
..... I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
And God does not change in the NT:

Romans 9:15
For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 04:31 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
So you think babies believe in Christ?
Or do you think they are saved after death?
Who are you going to believe ...
human reason

or

the power of God
2 Timothy 3:15
and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures,
which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 22:9
Yet you brought me out of the womb; you made me trust in you, even at my mother’s breast.
"you made me trust in you" .... decision theology has never been scriptural.

Old 08-18-2014, 04:45 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
"God is no respecter of persons" ..... Acts 10:34
"people are without excuse" ......Romans 1:20
"without faith it is impossible to please God" ..... Hebrews 11:6

"But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows." .... Jesus Luke 12:48

All that God has ever taught is that believers go to heaven eternally \ unbelievers go to hell eternally.
"I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just" .... Jesus
Age of Accountability policy is also the backhanded accusation of God by human reason offering an alternative exemption.

In the OT God said:
Exodus 33:19
..... I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
And God does not change in the NT:

Romans 9:15
For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”
In the "New Testament" Paul said...... For "God" HAS bound everyone over to disobedience so that "HE" may have mercy on them all.

Jesus said...... God is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. So you too be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

I suppose you could say God eternally tormenting folk is being merciful because he could do far worse to them. .

Last edited by pcamps; 08-18-2014 at 05:02 PM..

Old 08-18-2014, 05:15 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Pcamps, why do you believe judgement deals with reformation, as opposed to condemnation, as stated in John 3?

Old 08-18-2014, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Pcamps, why do you believe judgement deals with reformation, as opposed to condemnation, as stated in John 3?
because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

Because if we being evil seek to reform rather than condemn how much more our heavenly Father ?

And because he came to save the world not to condemn it.

Now tell me why you believe condemnation over mercy and reformation .

Old 08-18-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

Because if we being evil seek to reform rather than condemn how much more our heavenly Father ?

And because he came to save the world not to condemn it.

Now tell me why you believe condemnation over mercy and reformation .
Because of John 3:18.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Because of John 3:18.
John 3:18

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

I wish you expounded on it just a little rather than just quote an isolated scripture.

So what you are saying is God's put condemnation on man but Jesus came not condemning. Do you not see what is wrong with that?.

I think i explained to you before that we have put ourselves under self condemnation upon ourselves and that Jesus came to remove that self condemnation from over us by revealing the true heart of the Father, that same heart that is merciful to the ungodly and wicked, that taught us love our enemies, that blesses those who curses, that says Father forgive them they know not what they do, that says neither do i condemn you and in doing so you are like your Heavenly Father. You need to have this god of tyranny erased from your memory and believe in the God that Jesus revealed to be the true God.

Also tell me how you get by God being merciful to the wicked and ungodly, or is that only possible for God to do in this life. Or do you not believe he is merciful to the wicked and ungodly.

You might believe that from heaven flows wrath, condemnation and destruction, but let me tell you, there is no such thing flowing from there, love, grace and mercy incessantly flows from there.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:54 PM

We are under condemnation because of original sin. Jesus came not to condemn us again (we were already condemned), but to save us. God is merciful to everyone, but after this life ends comes judgement.

What scripture do you use to support your idea of self-condemnation?

Old 08-18-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
We are under condemnation because of original sin. Jesus came not to condemn us again (we were already condemned), but to save us. God is merciful to everyone, but after this life ends comes judgement.

You do not have a scripture for that. So what you are saying is God is merciful to the wicked and ungodly only in this life, but somehow loses the ability to be what he naturally is( for he is unchanging in his attributes)towards the wicked and ungodly once they have died ?. Where is the scripture for this ?. You are making huge assumptions.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:02 PM

Quote:

Where are they that condemn you?., neither do i condemn you. Jesus Christ represented all that God is, or do you deny this?.

He DID NOT(they obviously believed condemnation came from God)come to condemn but to save.

What you see when you read this is.... I did not come to condemn the already condemned of God. That is simply ridiculous.

When you awake to righteousness you realize there is no condemnation, while you sleep you believe there is.

This is why it is said: "Wake up, sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you."

Last edited by pcamps; 08-18-2014 at 06:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity