Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 01:06 PM

7,737 posts, read 12,671,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
Why do you suppose he posted on the CHRISTIAN forum? Can you speak to someone from within your own experience instead of quoting the bible to people when they ask a question?

When atheist stop using "The God Delusion" as a reference, we'll stop using the Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 01:45 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,301,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gousa14 View Post
I am totally terrified and cry sometimes too. .
That should not be happening. I urge you to seek professional help so you can learn how to deal with your thoughts. NO ONE should be so consumed/obsessed by thoughts of sex and food and heaven and the end times they are terrified and crying.

Start with your family doctor and talk to him/her about your emotions. Being totally terrified is not normal and a good therapist will help you see that. I wish you well.

Old 10-02-2014, 03:12 PM

9,704 posts, read 10,077,696 times
I know that God does not hear prayers that are not of Him or His Word , as some prayers are evil or curses against others or selfish or demeaning prayers and prayers with fear and legalism prayers He cannot move , and most prayers which come from people who deny Him and will not repent ..... See these prayers He does not even hear....... As concerns of sexual desires unfulfilled ,............. God would only see this a what you are temporary going through at his time and not to be concerned

Old 10-02-2014, 07:22 PM

14,922 posts, read 17,281,500 times
Gousa14, God is able to take care of all of your needs. He knows how you feel because He created you. Nothing is a surprise to Him. I hope and pray that you will place your trust in Him in all things and I hope that you will find peace soon. God bless.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:49 PM

758 posts, read 855,227 times
Quote:
My mom was always a Christian lady. She tells me that whenever i get scared of the end times and being too young to die on Earth alone and have no more time left on Earth to lose, she thinks God understands my heart and Earthly desires. What do they think, she might just be trying to calm me down, but i don't think God understands my sexual desire as a young male, because in the hereafter many Christians believe there is no sex. I am totally terrified and cry sometimes too. You should have seen how i reacted at first to the Mayan calender in 2012. Christians say i can't worry about missing sex in heaven or food, or else, but worry I do.

This is what you have to deal with when you are only 12 years of age!!

You have set off about 10 red flags with this post!!

Old 10-02-2014, 10:31 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,955,954 times
Quote:
My mom was always a Christian lady. She tells me that whenever i get scared of the end times and being too young to die on Earth alone and have no more time left on Earth to lose, she thinks God understands my heart and Earthly desires. What do they think, she might just be trying to calm me down, but i don't think God understands my sexual desire as a young male, because in the hereafter many Christians believe there is no sex. I am totally terrified and cry sometimes too. You should have seen how i reacted at first to the Mayan calender in 2012. Christians say i can't worry about missing sex in heaven or food, or else, but worry I do.
While some degree of "worry" is normal at your age, it's not healthy to be THIS overly concerned about these issues.

Please ask you mom to help you locate a therapist you can sit down and discuss your fears with! Life does not have to be this scary

Old 10-04-2014, 04:09 PM

229 posts, read 339,228 times
Quote:
Hi Gousa I can sympathize what you're going through since you remind me of myself and a similar question I had when younger. There are a few points but let's take them one at a time.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but my take on your sex comment is a bit different than others. I got it was less about having out of control sexual desires and more about wondering why (a) you cannot fulfill sexual desires the way others your age or older are currently engaging and (b) being told if you die BEFORE engaging in this activity what's the fairness in having sexual desires that others could actually engage in but yet you would never be able to if in heaven? Is that correct? If not, please readjust my thinking.

Also, may I ask you what you think is the link or connection between Gen 1:28 and Psalms 37:9-11? You don't even need a bible near, you can Google both scriptures and let me know your thoughts here or even PM me if you want.

Old 10-05-2014, 12:19 PM

124 posts, read 154,390 times
I don't understand what your asking Michael, sorry.

Gen 1:28 talks about God telling Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply. Psalms 37:9-11 talks about not worrying about the wicked. I'm not sure what the link is there.

Old 10-05-2014, 01:19 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,471,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
Why do you suppose he posted on the CHRISTIAN forum? Can you speak to someone from within your own experience instead of quoting the bible to people when they ask a question?

If, speaking to a fundamentalist or a rigid believer in appearance, then the answer is No?
I have found most, albeit not all, to be somewhat Narcissistic in nature; arrogantly prideful.

It is much better to be humble.

Old 10-05-2014, 01:27 PM

229 posts, read 339,228 times
Quote:
I don't understand what your asking Michael, sorry.

Gen 1:28 talks about God telling Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply. Psalms 37:9-11 talks about not worrying about the wicked. I'm not sure what the link is there.
Gen 1:28 shows Gods original purpose was for man to reproduce (or have sex within the confides of marriage which he instituted) and fill the earth with other God fearing humans. Ps 37:9-11 shows Gods plans for earths future is also for ones to live on earth and fill the earth with God fearing humans. Is 45:18 even mentions he did not create the earth for nothing but to be inhabited.

So while the bible speaks of some having a heavenly call it also shows that meek shall inherit the earth. This isn't some past or current time but in the future! This means that individuals WILL reside on earth in the future and such ones will marry, have kids, eat delicious foods, drink wine, be the caregiver of animals and enjoy the earth as its intended purpose. So on your first point not everyone IS going to heaven, many will inherit earth to fulfill Gods intended purpose of the earth.

Now what about ones who have died who were married or never had a chance to marry? The bible is not absolutely clear on how God will handle but a mature spiritual one lovingly showed me we only have to look at Gods word and past examples to see how he might handle this.

When ones were raised from the dead by Jesus for instance did Jesus upon waking them stipulate these ones were not to marry, eat food or enjoy life? On the contrary! Jesus even told ones to immediately feed the one resurrected. Acts 24:15 speaks of the righteous and unrighteous being resurrected. Now no doubt many of these would have been married but many more might have died before being able to marry or enjoy the love of someone of the opposite sex but never had the chance. We now reference Ps 145:19 which says:

"The LORD is near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in truth. 19He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He will also hear their cry and will save them."

Verse 19 says he will "fulfill the desire of those who fear him", so if someone wanted to be married but due to location, circumstances beyond their control or devoted their life to God could not before death do we think that a loving God would tell such ones upon being resurrected that even though it's always been their desire to be married they could never marry again, maybe even reuniting to some loved one who also died and was the love of their life? Ones make God to be unloving but often is the case not the way God thinks since his ways are greater than ours. It's similar to ones who say when a loved one dies that "God needed an angel" almost painting God to be some cold hearted God who caused a car to painfully and violently rip someone from the ones that loved them because he needed them more. Do you really think that is a loving God? Of course not!

Ones do the same thing with heaven and the resurrection, which I understand many do unintentionally. While some chose to say, as if for certainty, who will be in heaven and who will reside on earth the bible does not say for certain, so as such, ones who try to assign others future in heaven or earth would only be using personal interpretation or misapplication (or misunderstanding) of scripture. Only God has ever had the authority to assign and we wait patiently on not going before God and instead serve God well by imitating his Son Jesus examples until the end which is vital.

So as Ps 145:19 shows he will hear the cries of those you call upon him not just to save them but also take note of what the desire of that one is. God doesn't have ADD and forgets what would really make us happy so we can always be sure if our desire is marriage and it doesn't happen before death we have the trust God knows us better than us or others do.

Understand God created us so he knows your sexual desires however he gives us ways to try to control our desires and change our outlook about it through positive friends, family, referencing scriptures, prayer and going to mature spiritual ones for comfort and prayer. You are not alone as many can attribute to have similar desires they must fight but understand we can't ask for God to calm our thoughts and our desires and work against it by engaging in activities that would displease God. Also understand it's not called the "bloom of youth" for nothing as our hormones are going wilder when younger but does flatten out much more the older we get so hopefully it won't be this intense for long. Please be comforted and build trust that God knows your mental and physical make up as well as the desires of our hearts, if you work on them and build your faith he will fulfill them now or in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity