Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 01:31 PM

124 posts, read 153,927 times

Advertisements

As for drinking and eating, marrying etc. I can accept that God may have something better planned for us in Heaven, but I don't always understand why those after mentioned things need to be ruled void or "prohibited" in hereafter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2014, 01:38 PM

I'm also concerned that I'd never have a chance to do these things myself because of things like Ebola that threaten other people's lives on Earth. Also, another thing that I'd like to see up in Heaven is all my past memories of things on this Earth that I just can't have memory of on this Earth. I want to see things like what my own city was like when I was really young, relive history through generations stuff like that.

Old 10-05-2014, 01:51 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,219,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gousa14 View Post
I'm also concerned that I'd never have a chance to do these things myself because of things like Ebola that threaten other people's lives on Earth. Also, another thing that I'd like to see up in Heaven is all my past memories of things on this Earth that I just can't have memory of on this Earth. I want to see things like what my own city was like when I was really young, relive history through generations stuff like that.
Sounds like you want Dial-A-Heaven -- just order your custom-designed post-earthly existence!

Old 10-05-2014, 03:23 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,346,967 times
Here's my opinion and answer to you. No one really knows what heaven will be like. The Bible tells us there will be no pain, suffering or disease. The Garden of Eden was paradise. There was no blood shed. Everything we needed was provided for us. Heaven will be the restoration of paradise. Our bodies will be perfect, that is, young with no faults - no glasses, dentures, hearing aids required. We will recognize our loved ones who are there. Our pets that we've loved will be there.

Sex. How to put this... The marriage between a man and woman is symbolic of the reunion of Christ (the groom) and His church (the bride). All believers are His church/bride, regardless of denomination. It used to be for marriage, the couple would be betrothed, then the groom would go prepare a place/home for his new bride (often building an addition to the family home). No one knew when the groom would return but the bride had to be ready at all times, just in case. When he came there would be a big celebration/wedding. Sex itself is only a fraction of the pleasure we will experience when we are with the Lord in heaven. Just a little taste of heaven on earth.

The Bible tells us in every book not to be afraid. So don't be skeert! Trust and have joy!

Old 10-05-2014, 04:28 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,247,557 times
Quote:
My mom was always a Christian lady. She tells me that whenever i get scared of the end times and being too young to die on Earth alone and have no more time left on Earth to lose, she thinks God understands my heart and Earthly desires. What do they think, she might just be trying to calm me down, but i don't think God understands my sexual desire as a young male, because in the hereafter many Christians believe there is no sex. I am totally terrified and cry sometimes too. You should have seen how i reacted at first to the Mayan calender in 2012. Christians say i can't worry about missing sex in heaven or food, or else, but worry I do.
addressing the op only. it's the other way around, learn the Lord Jesus, and then you'll understand. his burden is light, and his yoke is easy.
Matthew 11:28 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Old 10-07-2014, 09:31 PM

I don't know if this is relevant, but would there maybe be physical beauty in Heaven and people's spiritual bodies? It's kind of a depressing U-turn if I needed to give up every pleasure on Earth for eternity just to be with God, and he's saying I cannot have it back.

Old 10-07-2014, 09:35 PM

And it would also be beautiful if all ethnicity, skin color and culture was there that was on Earth (blonde haired people with blue eyes, etc).

Old 10-09-2014, 08:53 PM

124 posts, read 118,742 times
Quote:
My mom was always a Christian lady. She tells me that whenever i get scared of the end times and being too young to die on Earth alone and have no more time left on Earth to lose, she thinks God understands my heart and Earthly desires. What do they think, she might just be trying to calm me down, but i don't think God understands my sexual desire as a young male, because in the hereafter many Christians believe there is no sex. I am totally terrified and cry sometimes too. You should have seen how i reacted at first to the Mayan calender in 2012. Christians say i can't worry about missing sex in heaven or food, or else, but worry I do.
I know exactly what you struggle with, because I do struggle with this too, being a male in my 20s. I remember I was so close to God that I did not even want a wife, but after the honeymoon phase wore off I do want a wife more then anything. This is one of my biggest concerns, with all that is going on in this world. I have been answered though, believe it or not. Would you like to hear what I heard? Or do you just want me to tell you how to go about it. Or both.

The enemy always gets us where it hurts most, and takes it and rips it up as much as he can when he sinks his teeth in like a roaring lion.

1. first thing, is that this earth is just a dirty reflection of heavenly marriage. I remember one guy who had a near death experience said that being close to God, the love he felt was more powerful then sexual orgasms, more intimate in a close way, in a NON dirty way too. Pure, amazing, from creator to creation. So if it does happen, God will replace it with something much greater when we marry him in heaven.

2. He knows your desires... He knew youd deal with this before you were born. If you trust him he can bring a wife your way as soon as you submit and believe that he has one for you. Keep looking! be positive. You will find her, he gave you that desire. It is not good that man is to be alone! you will find her friend. Im on the same path, and God has shared many words with me regarding how to wait. But I know its so hard. and you feel like the opposite.

3. And dont read into the end times so much, alot of them are not true! but to put fear in us. Im dealing with this so much... It almost ruined me to worry. But God has spoken so much we really dont need to worry, we really dont need to worry. He wont disappoint. The fact that we believe will attract it in our lives, ive seen it myself with success stories and friends.

4. & lastly, we will have families when the earth and heavens join, forever. I know it says there is no marriage, but there will be a time when we will have the happy famalies and marriages the way it was meant to be, for 1000 years you will have a beautiful help meet to be yours for along time. God is on your side. believe, dont give into fear

Old 10-09-2014, 08:57 PM

124 posts, read 118,742 times
Quote:
I don't know if this is relevant, but would there maybe be physical beauty in Heaven and people's spiritual bodies? It's kind of a depressing U-turn if I needed to give up every pleasure on Earth for eternity just to be with God, and he's saying I cannot have it back.

youre thinking too much with the body, and not the spirit my friend. I do struggle with this, and I am not trying to bring you down. just letting you know that Yes, our bodies will be perfect and brilliant. and we wont have that flesh carnal feeling of hormones, we will be able to stand in front of each other completely naked and not look a woman improper, or sexual, and not ashamed and not one single judgment, just like it was in the garden. If you would like prophecies and visions of the new heaven and earth, I can attach them for you. You will have a wife, if it is your desire. Just dont put it in Gods place, because a woman doesnt (and cant even if she wanted to) take a God sized place only he can fill in our hearts.

Old 10-17-2014, 10:39 PM

Why does love here between a man and a woman exist then? Why does he make me desire it so bad and why are Christians so proud that it is cut off for eternity in Heaven? Isn't jealousy and envy bad? Does God not care? I will never be convinced.

If God certainly does not care, I don't see a point in praying and worshiping. I would like a woman who I think is the most beautiful woman in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity