Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2014, 07:17 PM

10,090 posts, read 5,743,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
No, you are to believe that you don't know how to interpret a Bible written in Hebrew and Greek, inculcated in an ancient culture, and understood spiritually by pure hearts.

And yes Sodom was judged prior to arrival of angels---and Ezekiel tells us why.

And you have no proof that strange flesh means homosexual. So you have chosen to interpret a vague verse by using it as condemnation of a group of people. I have chosen to understand it in a fashion that will allow me to reach anyone.

The hypocrisy that Jesus consistently condemned is ever present in your posts. You follow Paul but reject Jesus. You highlight one verse of scripture (misinterpreted at that) while saying the dietary laws found in the self-same chapter are null and void.

You love who you wish to love and hate who you wish to hate and wave the bible as a wand of righteousness. Jesus commands we love everyone and showed what that meant by mingling with people who were considered as a type of homosexual---tax collectors, unclean sinners. Had He walked among them telling them that they were abominations before God how many would have heard His message that God loved them?

Put the Christianity you serve next to ISIS Muslims and the primary difference is the name. And those of us who know Jesus as Savior and have heard the Good News are sickened that His name is bandied about for such evil purpose. Christ died for people you condemn, and I'm beginning to think you'd better learn more about Universalism because that may be your only hope. And frankly, universalists won't be envious to have you join them. They at least know the message of Jesus was about love and acceptance.

The Christianity I serve has seen drug addicts come to the altar with the needles and become new creatures in Christ. They are broken, but repentant and made anew. See, we don't try to excuse sin like you. Of course, any discussion on homosexuality is frustratingly useless with you because you stubbornly refuse to tell me if you believe homosexuality is a sin or not. Apparently you don't, and hey that's fine. But it's a view that is not shared by the largest Christian denominations including Catholics.

If you truly had the love of Christ in you then I would expect you to approach an online discussion with a degree of common courtesy and respect. Instead, you condemn insult and belittle those who don't agree with you. Your comparison of Bible believing Christians to ISIS is disgusting and abhorant.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:17 PM

440 posts, read 378,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So you are saying that Sodom was being condemned before they committed the act? That is ridiculous. Or the other position is that the men of Sodom was just going around raping men all the time. Equally ridiculous. Both positions have very little evidence to support such conclusions.
Why condemning a place for just one lawless act?

There was this rule in towns and villigaes located in the middle of the desert that people had to be hospitable to strangers because life conditions are harsh there. People of Sodom and Gomorrah were far from hostpitable to strangers and their fixated behaviour towards visitors was what condemned them.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:56 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,381,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Those who condemn live in greater fear, than those condemned by them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
I am not condemning individuals and you know it.

God absolutely condemns the abominable sin of homosexuality which requires by God's law that both parties be put to death to lose their physical life and if it is not repented of during the judgment they will die the second death.
You just did!

Old 11-06-2014, 08:07 PM

951 posts, read 1,053,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You just did!
No, God and His Word condemns homosexuality and condemns sinners to the lake of fire unless they repent of their sins.

Their condemnation is something they bring on themselves by sinning and Jesus Christ is the judge who will sentence them to the second death. I have nothing to do with the process. I am not trying to further their sins and give a green light to keep on sinning but exposing the abominable sin of homosexuality that will ultimately lead to the second death.

You need to look in the mirror and see if you can see the real one who is condemning these people to death by trying to uphold an abomination labelled by God as such and trying to trip up or silence those who are warning others to repent and turn from this sin and avoid the second death.

tthttf

Old 11-06-2014, 08:10 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,208,174 times
Quote:
No, God and His Word condemns homosexuality and condemns sinners to the lake of fire unless they repent of their sins.

Their condemnation is something they bring on themselves by sinning and Jesus Christ is the judge who will sentence them to the second death. I have nothing to do with the process. I am not trying to further their sins and give a green light to keep on sinning but exposing the abominable sin of homosexuality that will ultimately lead to the second death.

You need to look in the mirror and see if you can see the real one who is condemning these people to death by trying to uphold an abomination labelled by God as such and trying to trip up or silence those who are warning others to repent and turn from this sin and avoid the second death.

tthttf
You hide your hatred behind what you claim is your God's word.

Cowards hide.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:26 PM

951 posts, read 1,053,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You hide your hatred behind what you claim is your God's word.

Cowards hide.
Well, let's see how brave you are and let's see you give your justifications for embracing such a abominable sin as stated in the Bible.

Christians are to follow leaders as they follow Christ who led a sinless life and instructed us to keep the commandments and to sin no more. Let's see where you stand and who you are really following for once. Are you following the true Christ or not?

Quit making snide one-liner put downs at others and stand up and say something of value.

tthttf

Old 11-06-2014, 08:56 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,208,174 times
Quote:
Well, let's see how brave you are and let's see you give your justifications for embracing such a abominable sin as stated in the Bible.

Christians are to follow leaders as they follow Christ who led a sinless life and instructed us to keep the commandments and to sin no more. Let's see where you stand and who you are really following for once. Are you following the true Christ or not?

Quit making snide one-liner put downs at others and stand up and say something of value.

tthttf
Confronting your bigotry and hatred has plenty of value.

You bear no relationship to the Christ I was taught about. You're more like his psychotic old man.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:04 PM

1,204 posts, read 873,766 times
Quote:

tthttf

Abomination here and apparently evil to the greatest degree as well.

I would rather continue to live as I am, with the man I married on 8/8/14 and with whom I have loved emotionally and physically for the last 40 years, than to enter the kingdom of the God that you claim have totally understanding of.

If at my final interview, I am told that I must spit in my husbands face and disclaim our life together if I am to enter heaven,,,,,,,,,,,

then I will spit in Gods eye willingly accept eternity in hell.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:45 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,720,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The Christianity I serve has seen drug addicts come to the altar with the needles and become new creatures in Christ. They are broken, but repentant and made anew. See, we don't try to excuse sin like you. Of course, any discussion on homosexuality is frustratingly useless with you because you stubbornly refuse to tell me if you believe homosexuality is a sin or not. Apparently you don't, and hey that's fine. But it's a view that is not shared by the largest Christian denominations including Catholics.

If you truly had the love of Christ in you then I would expect you to approach an online discussion with a degree of common courtesy and respect. Instead, you condemn insult and belittle those who don't agree with you. Your comparison of Bible believing Christians to ISIS is disgusting and abhorant.
I've given you plenty of scripture and loads of Jewish and Christian interpretation. You stubbornly cling to homosexuality invented by an 11th century catholic friar--just before the start of the inquisition centuries. You're still in that millennium.

Go read post 476 to see what Jesus has to say to you.

Get and read The Cross in the Closet written by an evangelistic Christian who decided to "come out" by pretending to be a homosexual for a year. See the ugliness he experienced, and how it changed his view of homosexuals.

Lack of empathy for others is a characteristic of those whose father is NOT God.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 11-06-2014 at 09:58 PM..

Old 11-06-2014, 09:49 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,907,486 times
Eat lobster and go to hell- no ifs, ands or buts about it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity