Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 10:30 AM

10,043 posts, read 4,972,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kradmelder View Post
Christian forums always seem to attract atheists, people who want to mock or insult Christianity and Jesus. I can't understand it. I feel no desire to go on atheist forums and mock their belief. But hey, why must they not write on Christian forums? No church would close their doors to them either. What they write never offends me.
I have found that a number of atheist have more of an open mind than nominal believers.
Some do Not already have pre-conceived ideas embedded in their minds as some religionists do.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:37 AM

10,090 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Christian forums always seem to attract atheists, people who want to mock or insult Christianity and Jesus. I can't understand it. I feel no desire to go on atheist forums and mock their belief. But hey, why must they not write on Christian forums? No church would close their doors to them either. What they write never offends me.
They find mocking and belittling Christians or the Bible as a way to validate their non-belief.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
This is NOT the 'christian' forum it the CHRISTIANITY forum open for discussion even by those demonic atheists.
Then why are Christians not allowed to discussion their beliefs in the atheist forum? Seems like a double standard to me.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:46 AM

45 posts, read 59,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I have found that a number of atheist have more of an open mind than nominal believers.
Some do Not already have pre-conceived ideas embedded in their minds as some religionists do.
That is my problem with church. Not Christianity but the church. I often feel churches have nothing to do with God but are a business and do more to repel people from Christianity than anything else.

Like these modern charismatic churches with ATMs and shops etc. Jesus overturned the tables of people selling things at church. Then you have gay ministers and women when the bible is clear about such things. Some churches are now more entertainment than a religious service.

I can find atheists more acceptable than churches that are doing things so blatantly against the bible they profess and simply ignore verses they don't like. At least atheists don't hide behind a book and then say OK now give me your tithe.

But the behaviour of someone hiding behind the faith doesn't negate the faith.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:49 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,143,235 times
I have been on an Atheist forum before and was called every bad name possible, told I worship a sky fairy and a book of fairy tales, and much more. Atheists are quick to cuss you out if you go to their forum, but they feel free to go on Christian forums and instigate and if you have any sort of reaction, they try to call you a hypocrite for having a reaction and say the usual responses: thats not what Jesus would do, way to show that Christian love, typical christian response and so on.

Dont get me wrong there are a bunch of issues in Christianity that should be addressed and are addressed among Christians here and some considered that tearing each other down, but until Christianity starts looking at the entire bible in context and stop forming beliefs off a single verse and skip the 5 verses before and after it, the bickering will go on until Jesus comes back because everyone will think what they believe is correct vs what the scriptures actually say is correct.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:52 AM

903 posts, read 583,980 times
Jesus said we would be mocked and persecuted so take it as a badge of honor when it comes. We are told to finish the race and persevere. So does it stink when people mock you? Yes. Does it hurt? Sure. But our God is bigger then anything they can dish out.

Keep on looking up until...
cd :O)

Old 11-06-2014, 10:56 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,070,548 times
If there are any "mockers" you can take it up with the mods. Stop being such propagandist liars, it bears bad fruit.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisCD View Post
Jesus said we would be mocked and persecuted so take it as a badge of honor when it comes. We are told to finish the race and persevere. So does it stink when people mock you? Yes. Does it hurt? Sure. But our God is bigger then anything they can dish out.

Keep on looking up until...
cd :O)
Agreed. Their mockery only serves to prove the Bible. Their words of anger and venom only show me that Satan is the driving force behind them.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:02 AM

45 posts, read 59,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
I have been on an Atheist forum before and was called every bad name possible, told I worship a sky fairy and a book of fairy tales, and much more. Atheists are quick to cuss you out if you go to their forum, but they feel free to go on Christian forums and instigate and if you have any sort of reaction, they try to call you a hypocrite for having a reaction and say the usual responses: thats not what Jesus would do, way to show that Christian love, typical christian response and so on.

Dont get me wrong there are a bunch of issues in Christianity that should be addressed and are addressed among Christians here and some considered that tearing each other down, but until Christianity starts looking at the entire bible in context and stop forming beliefs off a single verse and skip the 5 verses before and after it, the bickering will go on until Jesus comes back because everyone will think what they believe is correct vs what the scriptures actually say is correct.

Why must Christianity be perfect? It is a religion of man who is imperfect, which is based on a book on man's interpretation of the word of God, and man's interpretation of how to behave and worship. Man is not perfect. Only God is. So the flaws in Christianity have always existed and will always exist. It is a framework on which man can find his peace with his maker. As its says in Corinthians, it doesn't matter how you pray, as long as you pray.

God also gave man free will. If you use that free will to be atheistic and negate his existence, that doesn't negate his existence. It just means you choose not to believe. Which is a right God gave man. That is why I have no problem with atheists. They do not negate my faith. Only their own.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:06 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,409,991 times
Quote:
Why must Christianity be perfect? It is a religion of man who is imperfect, which is based on a book on man's interpretation of the word of God, and man's interpretation of how to behave and worship. Man is not perfect. Only God is. So the flaws in Christianity have always existed and will always exist. It is a framework on which man can find his peace with his maker. As its says in Corinthians, it doesn't matter how you pray, as long as you pray.

God also gave man free will. If you use that free will to be atheistic and negate his existence, that doesn't negate his existence. It just means you choose not to believe. Which is a right God gave man. That is why I have no problem with atheists. They do not negate my faith. Only their own.
Christianity isn't perfect because of imperfect men and some down right liars. However there is no need to interpret the Bible, it is self interpreting. Many just want it to say what they believe. They interpret it their way, not God's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity