Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 01:03 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,029,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I would like to hear them, but maybe on another thread.
Here's as good a place as any. Hell, most of the christians here have issues with church, we may aswell hear Insane's so we can give a hearty Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2014, 03:37 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,007,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
Here's as good a place as any. Hell, most of the christians here have issues with church, we may aswell hear Insane's so we can give a hearty Amen.
Oh, is that so?

Old 11-10-2014, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Oh, is that so?
There's a lot of believers on here who have either come out of the church system, or are still attending but with their eyes wide open. I'm in the latter category, which accords similarly with being in the world but not of the world, as i see it.

Old 11-11-2014, 04:11 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,245,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
There's a lot of believers on here who have either come out of the church system, or are still attending but with their eyes wide open. I'm in the latter category, which accords similarly with being in the world but not of the world, as i see it.
God bless you for that. I would do it if God made it clear that I needed to be there. But as it is, my husband would never go to any church service with the exception of his childhood church at Christmas time when we are visiting his mother. I used to drag him to church for years. I finally realized I did not need to do that.

Old 11-11-2014, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Playing the part of someone who believes the bible is inerrant and infallible does not make you a christian. This is why you are an atheist today. Christ made disciples not bible believers.
I love that! Amen, brother!

Old 11-11-2014, 04:21 AM

My 3rd daughter who was raised in the Christian faith and Baptized - the one who used to talk to God when she was a child and sing spiritual songs has just left her atheist boyfriend who apparently turned her atheist. They had a baby 6 months ago, my 2nd grandson who is an absolute angel. I told her I could not understand how she can believe there is no God and no purpose to our lives and our existence. And I asked her if she really believed when her son dies that she'll never see him again because he will cease to exist. She said with tears in her eyes,,, "yes, that's what I believe". I said, "Well that is truly depressing!"

Old 11-11-2014, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
My 3rd daughter who was raised in the Christian faith and Baptized - the one who used to talk to God when she was a child and sing spiritual songs has just left her atheist boyfriend who apparently turned her atheist. They had a baby 6 months ago, my 2nd grandson who is an absolute angel. I told her I could not understand how she can believe there is no God and no purpose to our lives and our existence. And I asked her if she really believed when her son dies that she'll never see him again because he will cease to exist. She said with tears in her eyes,,, "yes, that's what I believe". I said, "Well that is truly depressing!"
Heart_Song, I am so sorry you feel that way, but you just gave a perfect example of why humans have that need for "god." It is borne out of fear and uncertainty because the human mind and spirit cannot fathom the notion of nothingness, an end or that we cease to exist. It is part of our makeup to survive and the notion that we do not continue beyond the grave is unthinkable, thus, the comfort of "god" and an afterlife of eternal bliss.

Old 11-11-2014, 06:06 AM

I'm sorry too Heart Song. But, train a child in the way they should go, and when they are old, they will not depart from it. You have done a good job HS.

We have to remember that there is universal hope, even for those who don't believe. And we should be ministers of that hope.

Old 11-11-2014, 02:26 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
Separation from God is all in the mind.

For I am convinced
that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,nor things about to be, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of god, that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

It may feel that we are separated it may feel that there is no God, that's alright...... For we all wake up in our appointed time.

As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

Let the athiest be an athiest, let the athiest reject the Christ of God, it doesn't matter, for one day the athiest will bow the knee and acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord.

Last edited by pcamps; 11-11-2014 at 02:36 PM..

Old 11-11-2014, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Let the athiest be an athiest, let the athiest reject the Christ of God, it doesn't matter, for one day the athiest will bow the knee and acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord.
Camps, you know this because...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity