Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 10:36 PM

13 posts, read 15,299 times

Advertisements

Jesus did reach out to sinners. All of us are sinners before we are born again.

John 8:10
Jesus stood up and said to her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” 11 She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 10:43 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,613,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hezakial Malanoch View Post
Twist twist twist.

(2Cor 5:17)Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Is this what it always must come to? - "Do you think you are sinless, Hezakial?"

Am I a hypocrite if I say with a clear conscience that I am one of the saints? I lean on the Spirit and have put to death the ways of the flesh.

I will not consider myself a slave to sin as you would have the saints do.
You can call yourself anything you want. You can call yourself a Saint. It seems a bit arrogant, but fine. You are a Saint. Glad you got that out there. Think kindly on all the little people when you look down on us.

The whole put to death the ways of the flesh is a bit worrisome. Okay as long as it does not turn self injurious behavior. I treated someone who mutilated his genitalia screaming how it was the only way he could remain true to God. One hand a razor, the other a bible.

Take care.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
You can call yourself anything you want. You can call yourself a Saint. It seems a bit arrogant, but fine. You are a Saint. Glad you got that out there. Think kindly on all the little people when you look down on us.

The whole put to death the ways of the flesh is a bit worrisome. Okay as long as it does not turn self injurious behavior. I treated someone who mutilated his genitalia screaming how it was the only way he could remain true to God. One hand a razor, the other a bible.

Take care.

Matthew 5:27
“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

Matthew 5:10
10 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 “Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

--------------------------------------------------

I am not against you friends, but this is the stance we are called to take. Anything less is worthless.

-----------------------------------------------------

Revelation 3:14
14 “And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write: ‘The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God's creation.
15 “‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! 16 So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. 17 For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked. 18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness may not be seen, and salve to anoint your eyes, so that you may see. 19 Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent. 20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. 21 The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’”

---------------------------------------------------

The Cost of Discipleship
Luke 14:25-33
25 Now great crowds accompanied him, and he turned and said to them, 26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple. 27 Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple. 28 For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it? 29 Otherwise, when he has laid a foundation and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him, 30 saying, ‘This man began to build and was not able to finish.’ 31 Or what king, going out to encounter another king in war, will not sit down first and deliberate whether he is able with ten thousand to meet him who comes against him with twenty thousand? 32 And if not, while the other is yet a great way off, he sends a delegation and asks for terms of peace. 33 So therefore, any one of you who does not renounce all that he has cannot be my disciple.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:53 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,244,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Another one.

Oh joy.
Bringing the good news of great joy that shall be to all people~~ Yay!

Old 02-19-2015, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Matthew 5:27
“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

Matthew 5:10
10 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 “Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

--------------------------------------------------

I am not against you friends, but this is the stance we are called to take. Anything less is worthless.

-----------------------------------------------------

Revelation 3:14
14 “And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write: ‘The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God's creation.
15 “‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! 16 So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. 17 For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked. 18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness may not be seen, and salve to anoint your eyes, so that you may see. 19 Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent. 20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. 21 The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’”

---------------------------------------------------

The Cost of Discipleship
Luke 14:25-33
25 Now great crowds accompanied him, and he turned and said to them, 26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple. 27 Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple. 28 For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it? 29 Otherwise, when he has laid a foundation and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him, 30 saying, ‘This man began to build and was not able to finish.’ 31 Or what king, going out to encounter another king in war, will not sit down first and deliberate whether he is able with ten thousand to meet him who comes against him with twenty thousand? 32 And if not, while the other is yet a great way off, he sends a delegation and asks for terms of peace. 33 So therefore, any one of you who does not renounce all that he has cannot be my disciple.
So, you are having lustful thoughts about a woman. You have feelings of persecution. You hate your family.
Sorry you are are not receiving comfort from the bible. There must be something that makes you feel good about yourself. I do not recommend cutting off any of your body parts because they offend you.
Body parts are a good thing

Psalm 100? The one about joy. It is a happier place for you.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:08 PM

Quote:
So, you are having lustful thoughts about a woman. You have feelings of persecution. You hate your family.
Sorry you are are not receiving comfort from the bible. There must be something that makes you feel good about yourself. I do not recommend cutting off any of your body parts because they offend you.
Body parts are a good thing

Psalm 100? The one about joy. It is a happier place for you.
This is silliness. If you are in willful sin, then repent. If you cannot repent, ask God for the ability to repent.
If you are not in willful sin, than what is the issue? Do you not realize that the majority can be and is usually wrong?

Old 02-19-2015, 11:17 PM

Quote:
This is silliness. If you are in willful sin, then repent. If you cannot repent, ask God for the ability to repent.
If you are not in willful sin, than what is the issue? Do you not realize that the majority can be and is usually wrong?
Yes, you are being silly. You post about being persecuted, cutting off your hand, death the the flesh.

What makes you think I need to repent? I have never really done anything that rises to the whole cut off your hand thing. I tend to fly under the radar when it comes to sinning. I do not sin.

You called yourself a Saint and wish to set yourself above the rabble. Hubris and arrogance. You set yourself apart and want to speak about a majority? You are correct. Very silly.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Yes, you are being silly. You post about being persecuted, cutting off your hand, death the the flesh.

What makes you think I need to repent? I have never really done anything that rises to the whole cut off your hand thing. I tend to fly under the radar when it comes to sinning. I do not sin.

You called yourself a Saint and wish to set yourself above the rabble. Hubris and arrogance. You set yourself apart and want to speak about a majority? You are correct. Very silly.
I am sharing the Word of God so that some who read it may live.

We are to be conformed to Christ. That doesn't mean to simply ask Him into your heart and go about your way.
That means be just like Him. Take up your cross daily and follow Him. If people do not understand this, they will not be able to stand against the ways of the world, they will not be able to stand against the ways and messages of the modern "church".

We do not compromise, because we do not have to and do not want to.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:31 PM

Turning from sin is just the beginning. Then we are taught to embody Biblical, self sacrificing love, even to those who would be considered "enemies"

The Way of Love
13 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;[b] 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:48 PM

Quote:
I am sharing the Word of God so that some who read it may live.

We are to be conformed to Christ. That doesn't mean to simply ask Him into your heart and go about your way.
That means be just like Him. Take up your cross daily and follow Him. If people do not understand this, they will not be able to stand against the ways of the world, they will not be able to stand against the ways and messages of the modern "church".

We do not compromise, because we do not have to and do not want to.
What you are posting sounds more like a confession. Telling others they are sinning while .. ahem.. cleverly hiding your own. Your secret is safe with me.

So, you have to confess your sins in bible verse? You underlined your favorite, dog eared part. What is that besides a confession of your sins? I read the whole lusting after women thing. What were you doing that makes you want to cut off your hand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity