Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2015, 12:45 PM

283 posts, read 328,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john233 View Post
That is unfortunate.

If you took the Bible literally you would know that Jesus is not so interested in you cleaning the outside of the cup, but the inside. For the outward actions are first conceived internally.

And He gives you the power to overcome such sin as fornication, even internally through the Holy Spirit which will sanctify you and set you apart as Holy for His purposes.

1 Thessalonians 4
Finally, then, brothers, we ask and urge you in the Lord Jesus, that as you received from us how you ought to walk and to please God, just as you are doing, that you do so more and more. 2 For you know what instructions we gave you through the Lord Jesus. 3 For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; 4 that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, 5 not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God; 6 that no one transgress and wrong his brother in this matter, because the Lord is an avenger in all these things, as we told you beforehand and solemnly warned you. 7 For God has not called us for impurity, but in holiness. 8 Therefore whoever disregards this, disregards not man but God, who gives his Holy Spirit to you.

Sanctification follows justification. Something you can learn about and experience if you begin to take what God says literally or as truth.
Accept Christ as you're savior and you will receive eternal life. It's the only way to receive eternal life and salvation. Your actions do not dictate your eternal fate. Only if you accept Christ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 12:48 PM

335 posts, read 220,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonBradu View Post
Accept Christ as you're savior and you will receive eternal life. It's the only way to receive eternal life and salvation. Your actions do not dictate your eternal fate. Only if you accept Christ
Yes, faith in Christ is the only thing that saves.
But how do you know your faith in Christ is real?
How do you know you are born-again?
Even the demons believe that Christ is God, but they will not be saved.

Old 03-01-2015, 12:54 PM

283 posts, read 328,881 times
Quote:
Yes, faith in Christ is the only thing that saves.
But how do you know your faith in Christ is real?

Even the demons believe that Christ is God, but they will not be saved.
Because the demons havent accepted Christ as their savior so how could Christ save them if they wouldnt even open their hearts for them?

In contrast, others have an open heart/mind and have accepted Christ as their savior. They may stray at times but God rejoices more when a lost sheep returns to the herd than when another sheep walks a straight and narrow path its whole life.

Old 03-01-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonBradu View Post
Because the demons havent accepted Christ as their savior so how could Christ save them if they wouldnt even open their hearts for them?

In contrast, others have an open heart/mind and have accepted Christ as their savior. They may stray at times but God rejoices more when a lost sheep returns to the herd than when another sheep walks a straight and narrow path its whole life.
But they believe Christ is God.
No man or sheep walks a straight path, they are born into sin and must all find the right path.

If you love God, you will love what He loves, because it is good. If you love the world and sin, you cannot truly love God.
God does not love fornication, so neither should you. That is something the world loves.
It causes pain, broken homes, neglected/unloved children, broken hearts, and ultimately death and destruction.
It is self-love not self-sacrificing love

How can you even know what God loves if you do not believe the Word of God or only take certain parts of it seriously?
Jesus says in Matthew 7:21 -

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

These are people who were in the church, who believe Christ is God. Yet they will not be saved, because they choose to continue in sin and never cleaned the inside of the cup through the power of the Holy Spirit. They never truly knew and loved Christ or the things Christ loves.
It is not something we can do on our own, it is something the Holy Spirit does for us, all we have to do is deny ourselves/our flesh and instead lean on the Holy Spirit. We have to do this daily, picking up our cross and following Christ. We bring all of our thoughts into submission.

2 Corinthians 10:5
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

If you still desire to live a sinful life, you should repent and pray for the Holy Spirit to make you a new creation with new desires. Christ will make it easy, His burden is light

Romans 6:15
What then? Are we to sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means! 16 Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness? 17 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, 18 and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness. 19 I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations. For just as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification.
20 For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. 21 But what fruit were you getting at that time from the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. 22 But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 Peter 1
Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 14 As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, 15 but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.” 17 And if you call on him as Father who judges impartially according to each one's deeds, conduct yourselves with fear throughout the time of your exile, 18 knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot. 20 He was foreknown before the foundation of the world but was made manifest in the last times for the sake of you 21 who through him are believers in God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.
22 Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love, love one another earnestly from a pure heart, 23 since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;

Last edited by john233; 03-01-2015 at 01:40 PM..

Old 03-01-2015, 04:35 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,447,921 times
Quote:
There is no longer any right or wrong because there is no longer any God other than the individual.
If you need the Bible to tell you what is right or wrong?
Then, you are unable to distinguish the differences for yourself.

By the way, the Bible is not God. And, neither are you?

Quote:
The truth is, we are called to judge those who call themselves "brothers in the faith" yet willfully continue in sin without any repentance and no desire to be obedient to God. They are to be removed from the church, because their faith is fake and they will corrupt others.

In doing this, the person who is living in disobedience to God is not lied to about his eternal salvation.

He is not allowed to deceive himself into believing he will be saved on judgement day.
He is instead handed over to Satan, so that he may at some point grow tired of his sin and truly repent and be born again.
You are in no position to pass judgment on whether or not, someone's faith is fake?
Although you desire to be adversarial, you cannot discern the heart of another person.

Old 03-01-2015, 05:10 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,447,921 times
Quote:
But they believe Christ is God.
No man or sheep walks a straight path, they are born into sin and must all find the right path.

If you love God, you will love what He loves, because it is good. If you love the world and sin, you cannot truly love God.
God does not love fornication, so neither should you. That is something the world loves.
It causes pain, broken homes, neglected/unloved children, broken hearts, and ultimately death and destruction.
It is self-love not self-sacrificing love

How can you even know what God loves if you do not believe the Word of God or only take certain parts of it seriously?
Jesus says in Matthew 7:21 -

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

These are people who were in the church, who believe Christ is God. Yet they will not be saved, because they choose to continue in sin and never cleaned the inside of the cup through the power of the Holy Spirit. They never truly knew and loved Christ or the things Christ loves.
It is not something we can do on our own, it is something the Holy Spirit does for us, all we have to do is deny ourselves/our flesh and instead lean on the Holy Spirit. We have to do this daily, picking up our cross and following Christ. We bring all of our thoughts into submission.

2 Corinthians 10:5
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

If you still desire to live a sinful life, you should repent and pray for the Holy Spirit to make you a new creation with new desires. Christ will make it easy, His burden is light

Romans 6:15
What then? Are we to sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means! 16 Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness? 17 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, 18 and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness. 19 I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations. For just as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification.
20 For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. 21 But what fruit were you getting at that time from the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. 22 But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 Peter 1
Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 14 As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, 15 but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.” 17 And if you call on him as Father who judges impartially according to each one's deeds, conduct yourselves with fear throughout the time of your exile, 18 knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot. 20 He was foreknown before the foundation of the world but was made manifest in the last times for the sake of you 21 who through him are believers in God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.
22 Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love, love one another earnestly from a pure heart, 23 since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hezakial Malanoch View Post
The true gospel is not preached in the majority of churches nor by the majority of preachers in the media!

Countless millions of "Christians" believe, even at this very moment, that reciting a sinners prayer, "trusting in Christ" and going to "church" on Sunday and singing to songs to God will assure their salvation. Many think they will be saved because they tithe, speak in tongues or witness to people they meet.

Jesus and the Word of God make it very clear: That will not assure your salvation!

Matthew 7:21-23
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

If you consider yourself a Christian, yet enjoy the pleasures of the world and willfully continue to commit sins (even internal sinful thoughts), you are deceived! True repentance and conversion is evident by the putting to death the ways of the flesh. If you still are a slave to the ways of the flesh, then you were never truly converted. You might as well just stop calling yourself a Christian and stop attending church because it is not benefiting you. God is not fooled by your fake "faith".

Not only that, but God makes it clear that you should not even be allowed in the church:

1 Corinthians 5:9-13
9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. 12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church[b] whom you are to judge? 13 God judges[c] those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.

If your "church" and your "pastor" has not made this crystal clear to you, then they are as lost as could be. They are either ignorant of the Bible, love their sin, or are swindling you for your silly tithe money while enjoying unBiblical positions of power and respect over you.

Repent/turn from your wickedness my brothers and sisters!

Watch these video for more information that will lead you to salvation!

Matthew 7
Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. 14"For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Why is it that Fundamentalists come to the Christianity forum to practice their preaching; and condemnation sermons?
Is it a prophesy in his name, casting out demons, purging the Church of its evils, while claiming the mighty works of God?

The style of writing is remarkable!

Last edited by Jerwade; 03-01-2015 at 05:23 PM..

Old 03-01-2015, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Why is it that Fundamentalists come to the Christianity forum to practice their preaching; and condemnation sermons?
Is it a prophesy in his name, casting out demons, purging the Church of its evils, while claiming the mighty works of God?

The style of writing is remarkable!
Why are you working so hard to destroy what is good?
What do you have against what God says in the Bible?

Let me put it this way, if the Holy Spirit can change his heart and correct the attitudes of his heart that will save him from making horrible choices and quite possibly steering his life in a direction that he does not want it to go, why fight that?

Do you want children born into broken homes? Do you really believe the Holy Spirit is so powerless?

Last edited by john233; 03-01-2015 at 06:04 PM..

Old 03-01-2015, 06:01 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,633,014 times
Quote:
Because, what you call good needs to become excellent, and more. The bible is meant for us to grow.

Old 03-01-2015, 06:02 PM

64,015 posts, read 40,319,247 times
Quote:
The truth is, we are called to judge those who call themselves "brothers in the faith" yet willfully continue in sin without any repentance and no desire to be obedient to God.
They are to be removed from the church, because their faith is fake and they will corrupt others.
In doing this, the person who is living in disobedience to God is not lied to about his eternal salvation.
He is not allowed to deceive himself into believing he will be saved on judgement day.
He is instead handed over to Satan, so that he may at some point grow tired of his sin and truly repent and be born again.
Just to clarify, people are not kicked out of the church for sinning. They are kicked out for choosing to remain willfully disobedient to God. For willfully choosing to walk by the flesh, when God has given us the Holy Spirit to be able to walk in the Spirit.
We can overcome willful sin and our fallen attitudes and desires through the power of the Holy Spirit.
We do not judge those outside the church, because all men apart from Christ are naturally slaves to sin.
The majority of "churches" have strayed so far from what God has told us....
This nonsense has to stop. Not believing the things you believe is NOT "willfully continuing in sin without any repentance and no desire to be obedient to God." The idea that being Christian is determined by what you believe ABOUT Christ and God is silly. It is immature thinking from our ignorant ancestors who really thought God was jealous or egotistical and cared about what we thought of Him. The verses that say we can blaspheme God or Jesus without repercussion should have eliminated that idea.

What God cares about is what we DO and the Spirit behind Why we do it. Jesus taught and demonstrated unambiguously what that Spirit is . . . agape love. His instructions to His disciples to "love God and each other every day" and repent when they didn't encompasses all the requirements to be a Christian. That is how we follow Christ . . . NOT by professing to believe things we probably really don't believe anyway in an attempt to please God's ego. In my youth we called it an attempt to "brown nose" somebody . . . in this case God. God cannot be "brown nosed." God IS Spirit and God IS agape love. We honor God and follow His son by living in agape love.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 03-01-2015 at 06:21 PM..

Old 03-01-2015, 06:02 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,276,469 times
Quote:
Jerwade is one of the kindest, wisest, most gentle posters on this forum. If you can't see that I suggest you take a good hard look at yourself.

You want to condemn and judge people? Rent a hall and pass out free tickets..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity