Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2015, 09:18 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,452,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john233 View Post
I am not accusing you of being a deceiver Jerwade.

We have all been given the full knowledge of right and wrong in the Bible.
Some people just choose to ignore what God says.

God should be feared by those who are not truly in Christ.

Proverb 9:7
7Whoever corrects a scoffer gets himself abuse,
and he who reproves a wicked man incurs injury.
8 Do not reprove a scoffer, or he will hate you;
reprove a wise man, and he will love you.
9 Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser;
teach a righteous man, and he will increase in learning.
10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight.

11 For by me your days will be multiplied,
and years will be added to your life.
12 If you are wise, you are wise for yourself;
if you scoff, you alone will bear it.

But for those who abide in Christ, there is no more reason to fear.

1 John 4:18
18 There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

Those who profess Christ yet reject Him in their thoughts and actions...

Hebrews 10
26 For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has set aside the law of Moses dies without mercy on the evidence of two or three witnesses. 29 How much worse punishment, do you think, will be deserved by the one who has trampled underfoot the Son of God, and has profaned the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has outraged the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him who said, “Vengeance is mine; I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge his people.” 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
You cannot resist those fear tactics, while having a fearful expectation of judgment.

There is no love without forgiveness, and no forgiveness without love.
For what power has love; but forgiveness!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 09:27 PM

335 posts, read 221,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You cannot resist those fear tactics, while having a fearful expectation of judgment.

There is no love without forgiveness, and no forgiveness without love.
For what power has love; but forgiveness!

It's not a fear tactic, I am addressing your statement that nobody should fear God.
I do not think that is a Biblically sound philosophy. Many people should fear God.
His justice coincides with His love.
He loves what is good, therefore he hates that which is evil.

Wicked men will not get off easy. Although you will not hear me teaching eternal torment.
After Judgement and punishment, wicked men will be destroyed in the lake of fire.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:33 PM

Quote:
It's not a fear tactic, I am addressing your statement that nobody should fear God.
I do not think that is a Biblically sound philosophy. Many people should fear God.
His justice coincides with His love.
He loves what is good, therefore he hates that which is evil.

Wicked men will not get off easy. Although you will not hear me teaching eternal torment.
After Judgement and punishment, wicked men will be destroyed in the lake of fire.
What is the Greek definition of "lake."
And who is a consuming fire?

Old 03-01-2015, 09:41 PM

limnEn G3041 - a lake

The word lake in Revelation 20 is the same one used in Gospels when Jesus and his disciples went on or near the sea of Galilee. Also known as Bahr Tubariya, Ginnosar, Lake of Galilee, Lake of Gennesaret, Lake of Gennesar, Sea of Chinnereth, Sea of Chinneroth, Sea of Kinnereth, Sea of Tiberias, Lake of Tiberias, Waters of Gennesaret, Yam Kinneret.

Deuteronomy 4:24
24"For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.

Hebrews 12:28
28Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude, by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe; 29for our God is a consuming fire.

Old 03-01-2015, 10:11 PM

It's meaning is that of a "safe harbor or haven."

Now, consider this:

What is destroyed or thrown away will be the darnel that has grown up around the heart and mind of humanity. Little by little the weeds will be removed through his loving-kindness and patience; and we will come to see the garden free of earthly tares.

Perhaps, You should plow the field of your own heart and mind?

Old 03-01-2015, 10:33 PM

Quote:
It's meaning is that of a "safe harbor or haven."

Now, consider this:

What is destroyed or thrown away will be the darnel that has grown up around the heart and mind of humanity. Little by little the weeds will be removed through his loving-kindness and patience; and we will come to see the garden free of earthly tares.

Perhaps, You should plow the field of your own heart and mind?
No I don't believe this. The Bible is very clear on this and it cannot be misinterpreted, only rejected by those who do not like it.

It is a literal lake of fire, the second death. And the Tares are people who have chosen to love the world and sin instead of Christ.
The tares are the people who chosen the devil as their master, the wheat are those who have chosen to have Christ as their master. And I do not mean those who just choose their master with their mouths, but those who choose their master by how they live their lives.

Humanity will never reach a golden age of enlightenment without Christ coming back to rule the nations.
This world is nearly done with, we are on the verge of annihilating ourselves.
Right now all the world powers are aligning with each other, readying for war and economic collapse. Things will be getting bad soon, not better. The lake of fire is a place where the wicked will be destroyed, not a safe haven.

At the end of all our nonsense, Christ is going to come back and slaughter those who have rejected Him and the armies which unite around the nation of Israel to destroy it.

This below doesn't sound like a safe haven to me
Revelation 19:20
These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur.

Revelation 20:10
10 and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Revelation 19
11 Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war. 12 His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on his head are many diadems, and he has a name written that no one knows but himself. 13 He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God. 14 And the armies of heaven, arrayed in fine linen, white and pure, were following him on white horses. 15 From his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.

17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun, and with a loud voice he called to all the birds that fly directly overhead, “Come, gather for the great supper of God, 18 to eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all men, both free and slave, both small and great.” 19 And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth with their armies gathered to make war against him who was sitting on the horse and against his army. 20 And the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who in its presence had done the signs by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped its image. These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur. 21 And the rest were slain by the sword that came from the mouth of him who was sitting on the horse, and all the birds were gorged with their flesh.

Revelation 20:12
Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. 13 And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. 14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Last edited by john233; 03-01-2015 at 11:04 PM..

Old 03-01-2015, 11:18 PM

Quote:
No I don't believe this. The Bible is very clear on this and it cannot be misinterpreted.

It is a literal lake of fire, the second death. And the Tares are people who have chosen to love the world and sin instead of Christ.
The tares are the people who chosen the devil as their master, the wheat are those who have chosen to have Christ as their master. And I do not mean just choose with your master with your mouth, but choose your master by how you live your life.

Humanity will never reach a golden age of enlightenment without Christ coming back to rule the nations.
This world is nearly done with, we are on the verge of annihilating ourselves.
Right now all the world powers are aligning with each other, readying for war and economic collapse. Things will be getting bad soon, not better. The lake of fire is a place where the wicked will be destroyed, not a safe haven.

At the end of all our nonsense, Christ is going to come back and slaughter those who have rejected Him and the armies which unite around the nation of Israel to destroy it.
If, you give man a script, he will do his best to follow it.
R
arely, will he search to understand or comprehend.

Love does not slaughter, even its enemies.
It is not jealous, envious or proud.

And it seeks, not its own.

Old 03-01-2015, 11:43 PM

Quote:
R

That may sound wise, but it is a false wisdom.

It has parts of truth, but it is not the full truth.
If you love your daughter, and a man hurts your daughter, you will want justice served.

God wants justice served for all the wrong that has been done.
And He wants to be honored as the Lord of Lords and King of Kings that He is.

It is not for us to repay evil for evil.
God will judge and destroy the wicked.

I don't know who is teaching you all this new age, luciferian, age of aquarius, externalization of the hierarchy, the Masters of Wisdom and the Great Companions, awakening the chakras, and the spiritual enlightenment of man stuff.
But you are like a ripe piece of fruit ready to be picked by the coming false prophet and satans one world religious deception.

It's the same tricks satan has been using ever since the garden of Eden, Babylon and the Tower of Babel, Phoenicia, Sumaria, the Masons, Egypt, the Mayans, Malta etc...

Trust what Jesus says here Jerwade, it may save your life:

Matthew 24
23 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.

26 “Therefore if they say to you, ‘Look, He is in the desert!’ do not go out; or ‘Look, He is in the inner rooms!’ do not believe it. 27 For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 28 For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.

The Coming of the Son of Man
29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Last edited by john233; 03-01-2015 at 11:54 PM..

Old 03-01-2015, 11:56 PM

64,027 posts, read 40,331,746 times
Quote:
R
Quote:
That may sound wise, but it is a false wisdom.
It has parts of truth, but it is not the full truth.
If you love your daughter, and a man hurts your daughter, you will want justice served.
God wants justice served for all the wrong that has been done.
And He wants to be honored as the Lord of Lords and King of Kings that He is.
It is not for us to repay evil for evil.
God will judge and destroy the wicked.
I understand the Bible quite well overall,
but only because I do not reject God's teachings as many have chosen to do.
I don't know who is teaching you all this new age, luciferian, age of aquarius, externalization of the hierarchy, the Masters of Wisdom and the Great Companions, awakening the chakras, and the spiritual enlightenment of man stuff.
But you are like a ripe piece of fruit ready to be picked by the coming false prophet and satans one world religious deception.
Trust what Jesus says here Jerwade, it may save your life:

Matthew 24
23 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.
<snip>
What you do not see is that you are already a victim of the false prophets who arose after Christ's death and corrupted His Gospel of love using the OT fear of God nonsense. Christ demonstrated unambiguously agape love and taught a God of agape love and reconciliation. But His Gospel was rejected in favor of the ignorant savage beliefs about God in the OT. The majority now follow that false anti-Christ Gospel as was prophesied for these latter days. You are on the wrong side of those verses you posted, John.

Old 03-01-2015, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What you do not see is that you are already a victim of the false prophets who arose after Christ's death and corrupted His Gospel of love using the OT fear of God nonsense. Christ demonstrated unambiguously agape love and taught a God of agape love and reconciliation. But His Gospel was rejected in favor of the ignorant savage beliefs about God in the OT. The majority now follow that false anti-Christ Gospel as was prophesied for these latter days. You are on the wrong side of those verses you posted, John.
Oh good, you're here too friend.

You guys both need to dive in to the true substance of God's Word before you are swept away by the sea of deception you guys are currently dipping your feet into. A tsunami is coming, and those who have not built their house on the rock will be washed away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity