Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2015, 06:14 PM

335 posts, read 220,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This nonsense has to stop. Not believing the things you believe is NOT "willfully continuing in sin without any repentance and no desire to be obedient to God." The idea that being Christian is determined by what you believe ABOUT Christ and God is silly. It is immature thinking from our ignorant ancestors who really thought God was jealous or egotistical and cared about what we thought of Him. The verses that asy we can blaspheme God or Jesus without repercussion should have eliminated that idea.

What God cares about is what we DO and the Spirit behind Why we do it. Jesus taught and demonstrated unambiguously what that Spirit is . . . agape love. His instructions to His disciples to "love God and each other every day" and repent when they didn't encompasses all the requirements to be a Christian. That is how we follow Christ . . . NOT by professing to believe things we probably really don't believe anyway in an attempt to please God's ego. In my youth we called it an attempt to "brown nose" somebody . . . in this case God. God cannot be "brown nosed." God IS Spirit and God IS agape love. We honor God and follow His son by living in agape love.
Do you know what that post was in response to?
Someones pure agape holy spirit was telling him to sleep around.
And Jerwade was more interested in bashing me for believing the Bible than encouraging his brother to pursue righteousness and right choices through the power of the Holy Spirit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 06:24 PM

Was Jesus in the wrong when he said this to the prostitute:

John 8
“No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more.”

Old 03-01-2015, 06:25 PM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john233 View Post
And Jerwade was more interested in bashing me for believing the Bible than encouraging his brother to pursue righteousness and right choices through the power of the Holy Spirit
I can understand your concern . . . but it remains something between God and the individual. Your job ends when you have explained your views and the reason you hold them. There are NO requirements for you (or your church) to try to enforce your views on anyone else but yourself.

Old 03-01-2015, 06:28 PM

Quote:
I can understand your concern . . . but it remains something between God and the individual. Your job ends when you have explained your views and the reason you hold them. There are NO requirements for you (or your church) to try to enforce your views on anyone else but yourself.
I did explain my views from the Scriptures in so much as I understand them, do you have a different view on the subject?
And it's not possible to enforce views on here, nor would I want to.
I would want to ensure that corruption and wickedness does not run rampant through a congregation if I was a part of one.
Instead of accepting the attitudes of continual disobedience as unavoidable and natural, I think we should encourage brothers and sisters to lean on the power of the Holy Spirit to break free from the slavery to sin we are all born in to.

Last edited by john233; 03-01-2015 at 06:49 PM..

Old 03-01-2015, 06:48 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Why are you working so hard to destroy what is good?
What do you have against what God says in the Bible?

Let me put it this way, if the Holy Spirit can change his heart and correct the attitudes of his heart that will save him from making horrible choices and quite possibly steering his life in a direction that he does not want it to go, why fight that?

Do you want children born into broken homes? Do you really believe the Holy Spirit is so powerless?
Quote:

If I were bashing you, or beating you over the head with Scripture - you would know it?
Now, if you do not believe in the power of (agape) love?

Then, perhaps, you should not speak for the Holy Spirit who is capable of touching a persons heart?
For You will never convince someone by throwing the Bible at them, no matter what you believe.

Old 03-01-2015, 06:50 PM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
I did explain my views from the Scriptures in so much as I understand them, do you have a different view on the subject?
And it's not possible to enforce views on here, nor would I want to.
I would want to ensure that corruption and wickedness does not run rampant through a congregation if I was a part of one.
Instead of accepting the attitudes of continual disobedience, I think we should encourage brothers and sisters to lean on the power of the Holy Spirit to break free from the slavery to sin we are all born in to.
Yes I have a different view. Your attitude suggests that you believe God needs you to somehow enforce what you think are His laws on other people besides yourself. I do not.I believe that we are each responsible to God personally and our actions must be voluntary . . . or they are useless to God. I see no role for trying to coerce or in any other way force anyone else to do what I believe are personal responsibilities to God.

Old 03-01-2015, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If I were bashing you, or beating you over the head with Scripture - you would know it?
Now, if you do not believe in the power of (agape) love?

Please do share scripture with us. That would benefit everyone

Old 03-01-2015, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Yes I have a different view. Your attitude suggests that you believe God needs you to somehow enforce what you think are His laws on other people besides yourself. I do not.I believe that we are each responsible to God personally and our actions must be voluntary . . . or they are useless to God. I see no role for trying to coerce or in any other way force anyone else to do what I believe are personal responsibilities to God.
Again, none of us are enforcing anything here.
Do you believe keeping oneself from sexual immorality is a standard God has set for us?

Old 03-01-2015, 07:21 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Please do share scripture with us. That would benefit everyone
I prefer to paraphrase, use quotes, or make a commentary. I do realize this may be offensive to some who follow the letter, instead of the Spirit. However, a person needs to think for themselves, not be told what to believe?

Besides, it's a Christian forum, whereas, most have a Bible or several of them.

Old 03-01-2015, 07:26 PM

3,223 posts, read 10,104,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hezakial Malanoch View Post
The true gospel is not preached in the majority of churches nor by the majority of preachers in the media!

Countless millions of "Christians" believe, even at this very moment, that reciting a sinners prayer, "trusting in Christ" and going to "church" on Sunday and singing to songs to God will assure their salvation. Many think they will be saved because they tithe, speak in tongues or witness to people they meet.

Jesus and the Word of God make it very clear: That will not assure your salvation!

Matthew 7:21-23
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

If you consider yourself a Christian, yet enjoy the pleasures of the world and willfully continue to commit sins (even internal sinful thoughts), you are deceived! True repentance and conversion is evident by the putting to death the ways of the flesh. If you still are a slave to the ways of the flesh, then you were never truly converted. You might as well just stop calling yourself a Christian and stop attending church because it is not benefiting you. God is not fooled by your fake "faith".

Not only that, but God makes it clear that you should not even be allowed in the church:

1 Corinthians 5:9-13
9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. 12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church[b] whom you are to judge? 13 God judges[c] those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.

If your "church" and your "pastor" has not made this crystal clear to you, then they are as lost as could be. They are either ignorant of the Bible, love their sin, or are swindling you for your silly tithe money while enjoying unBiblical positions of power and respect over you.

Repent/turn from your wickedness my brothers and sisters!

Watch these video for more information that will lead you to salvation!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I-pC56IPaA

http://youtu.be/Z8o1MEz2xFk

Matthew 7
Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. 14"For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Can a Christian still go to Heaven if they've spent most of their lives indulging in their favorite sins but showed interest in becoming Born Again at the very end of their lives when they're in poor health and wanted to repent of their sins and asked Jesus Christ to become their Lord & Savior? I always thought just accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord & Savior is enough to be saved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity