Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 01:18 AM

24,151 posts, read 32,574,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
Better title in this post is: Charismatic way is not the way of the Lord, because the Spirit of truth lead's us to the way of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Charismatic way to follow our Lord's command's it is not the real way of the Spirit, but it is the way of the flesh, and also all kind of theatrical ways which are not from the honest heat, but just for the show without real base of the feeling's. So it is the way according the man's own heart desires, and responding to the needs of the flesh.

This kind manners are from the world, and they do not belong in the holiness.

Be holy as God is holy.

So, attend a church that is not Charismatic. You are entitled to your belief. They are entitled to theirs.

Problem solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 02:19 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,247,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
So, attend a church that is not Charismatic. You are entitled to your belief. They are entitled to theirs.

Problem solved.
Why go looking for trouble, I say. Trouble will soon enough find you without looking for it!

Old 02-25-2015, 03:03 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,270,363 times
Quote:
The Lord Jesus is the same for us all.

Charismatic way is not holy, and it represent the flesh, and the way's of the world.

And in the Lord Jesus Chris I exhort you all to separate from activity which follow the charismatic way's which do not follow the Lord, but the way's of the world.

Become holy as the God is holy.
Really? Then how can some people "use" Jesus to deny others food? Deny others a living wage? Some are even using Jesus to Justify WEALTH and GREED.

My world has many Jesus'. Some use Him to justify racism, genocide and right now many are using Jesus to rationalize HOMOPHOBIA and strengthen their "right" (ROFLMAO over this) to refuse service to non-christians--the doctor here in Michigan refusing to treat a child of a lesbian couple bases on "faith?"

NEWS FLASH--IT IS NOT ONES'S FAITH THAT ALLOWS DISCRIMINATION--IT IS BIGOTRY.

Explain to me how Jesus would support this? Because too many people believe He would.

No, even now there are many Jesus' (Jesui)? and people use Him to hate the same people they hate, embrace the same sins they embrace and to literally ELIMINATE others who dare to think or believe differently and Jesus has eve been used in the proverbial MY JESUS CAN BEAT UP YOUR JESUS debate.

Lastly.just the notion that I accept being charismatic and part of my faith and some so not (read above quote) PROVES my Jesus is different from yours.

Old 02-25-2015, 03:13 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,270,363 times
Quote:
There is always at least two different way to do things, and usually today's people's do things in a wrong way, in fleshly way's, singing, pray and also the preaching of the word.

The time is the predicted time of apostasy, and the man has lost the real way's to serve our Lord, and God.

The holy way is the real way to serve the Lord and God
Singing? This is "fleshly?" And dancing as well?

2 Samuel 6:14-16

REVIEW verse 16--

As the ark of the LORD was entering the City of David, Michal daughter of Saul watched from a window. And when she saw King David leaping and dancing before the LORD, she despised him in her heart.

verse 20--

When David returned home to bless his household, Michal daughter of Saul came out to meet him and said, "How the king of Israel has distinguished himself today, going around half-naked in full view of the slave girls of his servants as any vulgar fellow would!"

AND GOD'S RESPONSE TO DAVID'S FLESHLY ACT--

VERSE 23---

And Michal daughter of Saul had no children to the day of her death.

One would have thought God would have struck down David for bring so fleshly..wonder why He didn't?

Old 02-25-2015, 06:09 AM

37,506 posts, read 61,537,745 times
Romans 14:3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

14:5-6 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day [alike]. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth [it] unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard [it]. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

14:10-13 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written, [As] I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in [his] brother's way.

14:14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that [there is] nothing unclean of itself: but to him that
esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him [it is] unclean.

14:17 ...God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Colossians
1:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath [days]:

3:23-25 And whatsoever ye do, do [it] heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.

Do not despise your brothers. The Body of Christ has many members, we all have different functions, we may worship differently. Do not judge. Be fully persuaded in your own mind. Put no stumblingblocks before your brother. We are to embrace righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. Whatsoever you do, do it heartily, unto the Lord.

Old 02-25-2015, 01:14 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,882,747 times
I guess King David was in the flesh with his loud praise and dance. I guess scripture was in error when it called David a man after God's own heart. Should have been chastised for being in the flesh. Or so the OP would have it. Funny, David's wife Michal chastised him for being in the flesh. Let's see what scripture says about that in I Samuel 6:

20When David returned home to bless his household, Michal daughter of Saul came out to meet him and said, “How the king of Israel has distinguished himself today, going around half-naked in full view of the slave girls of his servants as any vulgar fellow would!”
21David said to Michal, “It was before the Lord, who chose me rather than your father or anyone from his house when he appointed me ruler over the Lord’s people Israel—I will celebrate before the Lord. 22I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes. But by these slave girls you spoke of, I will be held in honor.”
23And Michal daughter of Saul had no children to the day of her death.

Seems the OP and Michal are cut out of the same piece of cloth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity