Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 10:36 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,788,953 times

Advertisements

Jesus said it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven but not impossible.

Seek and you shall find, ask and you will receive, knock and the door will open.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2015, 10:46 AM

23,203 posts, read 10,485,389 times
People of Egypt slaving to build the wonders of the world, the great cities, but God has called his son out of Egypt and what would he have you do?

Moses comes on the scene and says,'' I will free you, just follow me into the wilderness where there is no food and no water, it's ok if there are two million people, I will make water come out of a rock, trust me on this.''

God wants people to know that the world isn't real, he is real. Finding God is something you do when you have sold all you own to give to the poor, when you completely rely on God like you have been called into a wilderness that you couldn't possibly survive. A couple million people walking into a desert where there was no water is quite a thing to think about.

Some stipulations

Luke 9
Take Up Your Cross
23And He was saying to them all, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me. 24"For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it.…

Matthew 10

Take up Your Cross
37"He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. 38"And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. 39"He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.

Matthew 7
“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22“Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23“And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’

Matthew 5

"For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19"Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20"For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 22

The Parable of the Banquet
11"But when the king came in to look over the dinner guests, he saw a man there who was not dressed in wedding clothes, 12and he said to him, 'Friend, how did you come in here without wedding clothes?' And the man was speechless. 13"Then the king said to the servants, 'Bind him hand and foot, and throw him into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'…

Matthew 25

6And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. 7Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. 8And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. 9But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. 10And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. 11Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. 12But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not

1 Corinthians 3

10According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 11For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Matthew 8

"I say to you that many will come from east and west, and recline at the table with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven; 12but the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."…

Old 03-24-2015, 08:53 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,314,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
I always thought accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord & Savior, trusting in Him and turning away from our sins is enough to be saved and have Eternal Life in Heaven.
Mopac -
I believe Jesus requires us to hold out until death also. See Matt, 10:[22] And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity