Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Christians attend a friends gay wedding?
YES 148 75.13%
NO 49 24.87%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 02:47 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I agree. Atheists have their own forum, and the religious forum is 99% anti-Christian. Can we at least have one forum with respect to Christian beliefs?
This is absolute nonsense. I am Christian and you are pretending that I and my views are NOT. That is just pure arrogance and hubris. There are many so-called Christian forums online that are really just Dogma-mills for specific denominations and the bashing of "the Others." You can surely find more than one out there. C-D is the ONLY place I have found that has the good sense to allow ALL Christians in the Christian forum and all religions in the Religion forum. Your arrogance would not be missed here, jeff.

Old 04-21-2015, 02:51 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is absolute nonsense. I am Christian and you are pretending that I and my views are NOT. That is just pure arrogance and hubris. There are many so-called Christian forums online that are really just Dogma-mills for specific denominations and the bashing of "the Others." You can surely find more than one out there. C-D is the ONLY place I have found that has the good sense to allow ALL Christians in the Christian forum and all religions in the Religion forum. Your arrogance would not be missed here, jeff.
Surely you can see that our atheists friends have free reign here, yet their forum is off-limits. Debating with respect for others would solve a lot of problems around here.

Old 04-21-2015, 03:13 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,163,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Surely you can see that our atheists friends have free reign here, yet their forum is off-limits.
Not true, jimmie. I've posted there (as has Vizio) and I'm not an atheist. Last time I looked.... neither was he.

Old 04-21-2015, 03:25 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Surely you can see that our atheists friends have free reign here, yet their forum is off-limits. Debating with respect for others would solve a lot of problems around here.
The Spirit of agape love should NOT be limited to avowed Christians, jimmie. I find the use of "Sky Daddy" and the many other pejoratives as annoying as you or jeff do . . . but "sticks and stones . . ." The moderators do an excellent job of controlling some of the egregious disrepect that sometimes appears here. But they rely on reporting by us. As long as they are posting here . . . they are hearing about God. Isn't that part of the Great Commission, jimmie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Not true, jimmie. I've posted there (as has Vizio) and I'm not an atheist. Last time I looked.... neither was he.
They do have a non-proselytization prohibition that is unique to their forum . . . but you are correct, Dew. I post there as well.

Old 04-21-2015, 03:30 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,163,875 times
Quote:
They do have a non-proselytization prohibition that is unique to their forum . . . but you are correct, Dew. I post there as well.
I just checked something. There was a thread on Madelyn Murray O'Hare in the A/A forum. You can't get more atheist than MMO. I posted on it and stated I prayed. Not a peep from any of the atheists complaining. Mightyqueen posted on it as well.

Respect the rules (for that forum it's no proselytizing) and there isn't a problem.

Old 04-21-2015, 03:38 PM

4,685 posts, read 6,135,229 times
Quote:
It was never about that, Dew. This person has issues that tend to preclude actually being a friend to anyone but the Bible. It is truly sad. This false pseudo-love for the Bible can actuall prevent or at least severely hinder the real thing from ever being possible.
Do us Christians all a favor here and STHU for a change, with your stupid replies. I have plenty of Love for God and respect his word, unlike you.

Old 04-21-2015, 03:41 PM

4,685 posts, read 6,135,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
So you wanted to ask everyone's opinion abut going to this wedding.....but you're not going to tell us your decision.
I decided not to go, even though its 7 months away, its not worth spending $500+ in expenses for something I gurantee will not last. Ill simply tell her this month to go seek premarital counseling first and make sure this is the right thing she is doing and to ask herself is this person truly the person she wants to spend the rest of her life with. She has told me before she wants children, so I dont see this happening now unless a sperm donor or adaption is involved. She might get Moderator cut: ... , but true friends tell friends stuff they dont want to hear, but need to hear when it comes to relationships.

Last edited by mensaguy; 04-21-2015 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: language

Old 04-21-2015, 03:44 PM

113 posts, read 309,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
I have a friend who I have known for years, but they turned to the gay lifestyle a few years ago and is now getting married. I dont support the LGBT lifestyle and even though they are a good friend, its still a surprise to me and I dont agree of her new lifestyle.

Would it be wrong as a Christian to attend a gay wedding supporting her as a friend or should I just stay away from it all together?
I would go. I have a gay son and gay friends who are married and I am also a Christian person. I do not judge and that is not up to me but god. I also have a gay female friend who is married. they are both nice. I would go to my son's wedding if I do not like the life style. that should not change the way you feel about her.

Old 04-21-2015, 03:45 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
I decided not to go, even though its 7 months away, its not worth spending $500+ in expenses for something I gurantee will not last. Ill simply tell her this month to go seek premarital counseling first and make sure this is the right thing she is doing and to ask herself is this person truly the person she wants to spend the rest of her life with. She has told me before she wants children, so I dont see this happening now unless a sperm donor or adaption is involved. She might get pissed, but true friends tell friends stuff they dont want to hear, but need to hear when it comes to relationships.
Were you invited in the first place ?. I am pretty sure they might save you the job of turning them down if they have any inclination of your feelings towards gay folk and not even invite you.

Old 04-21-2015, 03:47 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,789,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There is no parsing. Many Christians would not attend for the reasons I explained. They think it would violate the "love your God with all your heart" command. They think if would hamper their walk with God. Why can't you respect their view? Why do people judge Christians for their desire to honor God with their walk with God. If you love them, you respect their views even if you don't agree with them.

If you feel it's ok to attend, then go, if you are not comfortable, then don't go.

Unlike the Christians bakeries, Christians have a choice to not participate. If your gay friend cannot respect your views then is he really your friend?

What if you believed drug use is against your religion, and your friend insisted you try some cocaine? Would you do it because you think "love your neighbor" commands you to appease everyone? Would your friend be offended you turn it down?
I accept the litteral message. Do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity