Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Christians attend a friends gay wedding?
YES 148 75.13%
NO 49 24.87%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 04:40 PM

4,685 posts, read 6,135,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Why, because they will never have children? That is the real issue in the evangelical world, is it not? SEX, PLEASURE, EROTICISM with out procreation?

My wife and I are both in our 50s and NO, NADA, ZILCH plans of having children, so by having SEX, PLEASURE and EROTICISM we are committed to live the rest of our lives in sin..and here is the kicker--SHE IS DIVORCED~!! OMG!

Jesus made wine for the drunken wedding party!!

The issue is because is goes agaisnt the word of God. Wine was customary in Hebrew culture, so Jesus turning water into wine isnt a big deal.

The bible is very clear regarding marriage. People either ignore the scriptures or twist it to fit their situation.

When two people never married before get married, they become one flesh and are married for life until death. One flesh is like clay. When you take two different lumps of clay and mix them together, you can't take it apart.

ONE FLESH:

Genesis 2:23-24
23 And Adam said, “This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman,’ because she was taken out of man.” 24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Matthew 19:4-6
4 “And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that He which made them at the beginning made them male and female, 5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? 6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.”

Mark 10:6-9
6 “But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. 7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; 8 And they twain shall be one flesh: then they are no more twain, but one flesh. 9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.”

Ephesians 5:31
31 “For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.”

DO NOT SEPARATE/DO NOT DIVORCE

Malachi 2:14-16
14 Yet ye say, Wherefore? Because the LORD hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth, against whom thou hast dealt treacherously: yet is she thy companion, and the wife of thy covenant. 15 And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth. 16 For the LORD, the God of Israel, saith that he hateth putting away: for one covereth violence with his garment, saith the LORD of hosts: therefore take heed to your spirit, that ye deal not treacherously.

1 Corinthians 7:10-11
10 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband: 11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

1 Corinthians 7:39
39 The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.

WHAT GOD THINKS OF DIVORCE

Matthew 5:31-32
31 It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: 32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Matthew 19:9
9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

Mark 10:11-12
11 And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. 12 And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.

Luke 16:18
18 Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

Romans 7:2-3
2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. 3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

Hebrews 13:4
4 Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

There are no allowances for divorce at all outside of sexual immorailty, death, and maybe physical abuse.

Old 04-21-2015, 05:04 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
ALL model so called Christians are hypocrites.
Oh, well if you say so then it must be so.

Quote:
They do no understand the central message of Jesus, which is love.
Maybe they don't agree with your view about appeasement being love. I asked the other poster if he would buy booze to an alcoholic. That is what an appeaser would do. Do you think it is a loving thing to do?

What happened to Eli when he condoned the sins of his sons? Was it loving to condone? No, it ended up hurting his sons.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-21-2015 at 05:24 PM..

Old 04-21-2015, 05:25 PM

16,665 posts, read 15,660,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
If they lived locally, I might go, but a super long drive or 2 hour flight to attend something that makes a mockery of God's definition of marriage isnt worth the $5-600 in expenses.
You already knew that when you started this thread, making the entire discussion a sham.

Old 04-21-2015, 05:27 PM

950 posts, read 923,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
As a Christian, should I attend my friends gay wedding?

If a true friend, I wonder why you would ask this?

Friendship trumps denominations/beliefs/non-beliefs every time -- if true.
I wouldn't risk my salvation for any human being.

Not worth it .

Old 04-21-2015, 05:30 PM

950 posts, read 923,773 times
if friendship should ...."top beliefs"........., you had no beliefs to begin with.

Old 04-21-2015, 05:38 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,163,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
You already knew that when you started this thread, making the entire discussion a sham.
Probably. He asked. He got opinions. He's not going. (No shocker there.)

Last edited by DewDropInn; 04-21-2015 at 06:42 PM..

Old 04-21-2015, 05:42 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,207,078 times
Quote:
I have a friend who I have known for years, but they turned to the gay lifestyle a few years ago and is now getting married. I dont support the LGBT lifestyle and even though they are a good friend, its still a surprise to me and I dont agree of her new lifestyle.

Would it be wrong as a Christian to attend a gay wedding supporting her as a friend or should I just stay away from it all together?
I think you have to have the strength of your convictions. Not everyone agrees with everyone's lifestyle.
However, do you associate with her and her partner? If you do, not going to the wedding to me is hypocritical. That's just my opinion in response to your question.

Old 04-21-2015, 06:29 PM

8,167 posts, read 6,920,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJDAY81445 View Post
I wouldn't risk my salvation for any human being.

Not worth it .

Why would attending a friend's wedding cause you to "risk your salvation"?

Old 04-21-2015, 06:30 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times
Quote:
The issue is because is goes agaisnt the word of God. Wine was customary in Hebrew culture, so Jesus turning water into wine isnt a big deal.

The bible is very clear regarding marriage. People either ignore the scriptures or twist it to fit their situation.

There are no allowances for divorce at all outside of sexual immorailty, death, and maybe physical abuse.
The evangelical in you is purposefully IGNORING the fact that PEOPLE WERE DRUNK at the wedding and Jesus gave them MORE wine..

As for against God's word, the bible I read doesn't say anything discriminatory against the eunuch..

Genesis 19:1-11

The great thing about defending the Bible against people who want to use Genesis 19:1-11 to gay bash is that you really don't have to do any work. The Bible does it for you. For better or for worse, this is also the verse with which the general population is probably most familiar in terms of what they think of as verses about homosexuality.

Leviticus 18:22 & 20:13

Among the jewels you'll find in it are a mandate to kill disobedient children, a dietary restriction to not eat shellfish (God Hates Shrimp!), a law that would prevent bowl-cuts (or “rounding off the side-growth of your heads” – and to think I liked the Beatles), direction to not touch or eat the flesh of a pig (no bacon and cheddar soup for you!), and a prohibition on the rhythm method of birth control (you know who you are!). Oh, and presumably, gay sex

And all the evngelical say is still in effect is a ban on gay sex?

Either ALL THE LAW IS GOOD OR NONE OF THE LAW..YOU CANNOT AND WILL NOT NE ALLOWED TO IGNORE THE OTHER LAWS FOR THE SAKE OF ONE..

Romans 1:26-28

Good news ladies! Up until now, all of this clobbering has been about the guys. In Romans, you get to join in. Lucky you.

Romans is the one place the Bible speaks specifically about a female-female sex act. If you listen to Bible Thumpin' Gay Bashers, you'd be surprised to learn that, while the counts vary on how many places the Bible directly address heterosexual relationships, it is a lot. Then again, compared to the precisely one verse the Bible has about female-female sex, even two is one hundred percent more.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 & 1 Timothy 1:9-10

I have put the 1 Corinthians and 1 Timothy clobber verses together because they both use a particular Greek word in a particularly similar way. The word is arsenokoitēs and it means “male prostitute.” (Behold the Greek scholarship. See that it is good and rejoice). Actually, it could also mean “the customer of a male prostitute,” or “boy molester” or “someone who abuses themselves with a man” or “using sexual manipulation to acquire money”

Clobbering "Biblical" Gay Bashing

Old 04-21-2015, 06:47 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It was never about that, Dew. This person has issues that tend to preclude actually being a friend to anyone but the Bible. It is truly sad. This false pseudo-love for the Bible can actually prevent or at least severely hinder the real thing from ever being possible.
Quote:
Do us Christians all a favor here and STHU for a change, with your stupid replies. I have plenty of Love for God and respect his word, unlike you.
Since I AM a Christian I have every right to post here. As a Christian . . . you should have respect for Christ as the Living Word of God . . . NOT the Bible. They are not remotely the same. Loving the Bible is NOT loving God. Loving Christ and each other IS. You should try it. It makes decisions much easier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity