Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 07:33 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,880,292 times

Advertisements

This period of time whereby evidence suggests we are witnessing unmanufactured signs and feeling the pangs of the early stages that may even lead to an earlier than expected Tribulation period. Here are some of what my wife and I personally have observered even as early at this mornings service ( evangelical non denom)causing us to experience a rare form of depression astonishment, sorrow, bewilderment, flashes of angst and severe disappointment. The response was not simply self directed but encompassed what we feel is an horrifying lack of knowledge being purveyed to the attendees, which I will get to in a few, seconds . Secondly the realization that the church leader and his associates ( both wonderful and articulate teachers) are philosophically dedicated to end times avoidance . Two leaders we approached never heard of Jonathan Chan (The Harbinger), Mark Biltz ( El Shaddai ministries), Jonathan Bernis, Rick Joyner etc . So much for historic christian best authors in history?
My real question is who are these people and what do they do beyond church to enhance their walk? What's up with actual leaders not at least knowing Cahn via his famous inaugural breakfast address ( reinvited by Congress recently) he authored the best selling christian book "The Harbinger" in history including breaking all records via NY Times best for another record christian book only behind the bible and these leaders don't know him are you kidding me? He has appeared on all the networks for years now both secular and christian! No excuses leaders get your cottonpickin head out of arrogance sand. and get your flock .....prepared! I didn't address the blood moons, Shenittahs, natural disasters soon to esculate because it scares babies and lukewarmers.
Ref: Harborside Christian Palm Harbor Florida and Celebration Church Geen Bay ,Wi.

In Yeshua,

OpenMike

Last edited by openmike; 04-19-2015 at 07:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2015, 07:43 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,945,774 times
If you need to change something in your walk to prepare for end times there is something seriously wrong.

Old 04-19-2015, 07:55 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,820,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
If you need to change something in your walk to prepare for end times there is something seriously wrong.
Complacency..
The Church walks in a direction. It does not sit still.
The direction is either right or wrong.
I see the op pointing out a congregations leaders sitting still.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:02 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,267,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Complacency..
The Church walks in a direction. It does not sit still.
The direction is either right or wrong.
I see the op pointing out a congregations leaders sitting still.
Really? Because they do not buy into the sensationalism and hype of the Tim LaHaye or the original end time crier Hal Lindsey?

Isn't it possible the leaders are moving, toward life in the hear and now, caring for the congregation?

Guess I am standing still as well since I have never heard of any one listed by the OP

Old 04-19-2015, 08:50 PM

18,513 posts, read 9,193,436 times
The end times will always be "just around the corner" until humans are extinct.

Old 04-20-2015, 12:00 AM

Honest push backs thanks! I still must warn of the complacency as not just whimsical and dislinked, but with the missing element of prophecy or uncovering of mysteries millions find astonishing while a huge segment of Christians and secular still remain ignorant ( blinders, disinterested, clueless even passive) about what is going on until they cry mama after their world falls apart.

Last edited by openmike; 04-20-2015 at 12:10 AM..

Old 04-20-2015, 01:04 PM

45,672 posts, read 27,299,876 times
Those who have their eyes on Christ will be fine.

Old 04-20-2015, 01:27 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,235,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Those who have their eyes on Christ will be fine.
Those who live by the Golden Rule will be even better.

Old 04-20-2015, 05:41 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,443,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
Honest push backs thanks! I still must warn of the complacency as not just whimsical and dislinked, but with the missing element of prophecy or uncovering of mysteries millions find astonishing while a huge segment of Christians and secular still remain ignorant ( blinders, disinterested, clueless even passive) about what is going on until they cry mama after their world falls apart.
Foretold:

Matthew 24:36-39 36 But of that day and hour knoweth no one, not even the angels of heaven, neither the Son, but the Father only. 37 And as were the days of Noah, so shall be the coming of the Son of man. 38 For as in those days which were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, 39 and they knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall be the coming of the Son of man.

Or a better translation:

NLT Matthew 24:39 People didn't realize what was going to happen until the Flood came and swept them all away. That is the way it will be when the Son of Man comes.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:29 AM

Yeah society is living in a bubble of incredible ignorance,, passivity, complacany, disinterest and in many ways are boringly ,historically, typically consumed in self edification, the ol' materialism hit and falling from God the later endangering all Americans existence or at least life as we are accustom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity