Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 05:15 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times

Advertisements

The OT is so important that Jesus and the disciples including Paul referred to it frequently.

"Man does not live by bread alone but by every word from the mouth of God."

To worship God one must worship Him by quoting Him which is worshipping Him in spirit and in truth.

"Genuine worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2015, 06:00 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
We don't know everything Jesus did. Scripture was valid to Christ and should be to us.
::Sigh: It was ONLY valid to validate Him!! It established His status, what He would endure, What He would accomplish and it continued to validate Him through prophecy beyond His death. As HE said:

John 5:39-40 King James Version (KJV)
39 Ye search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Old 05-23-2015, 06:20 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
If you are interested in knowing who God is, and who the Lord is - then the OT is necessary to learn about Him.

If you just want them minimum info to skate by and are more interested in either self promotion or earthly relationships, then don't worry about the OT.

Old 05-23-2015, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
::Sigh: It was ONLY valid to validate Him!! It established His status, what He would endure, What He would accomplish and it continued to validate Him through prophecy beyond His death. As HE said:

39 Ye search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Jesus is not speaking of Himself but of His relationship with God. That of a servant of God and prophet.

The OT speaks of serving God to enter His kingdom as Jesus confirmed. The prophet's all came in the name of the Lord but many do not see it.

"You will not see me again until you say " blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord."

I come to you in my Father's name and you fail to accept me but let someone come to you in his own name and him you will accept.

How can you be saved when you seek the glory of men but do not seek the praise of the only God.

Old 05-23-2015, 06:56 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
If you are interested in knowing who God is, and who the Lord is - then the OT is necessary to learn about Him.
If you just want them minimum info to skate by and are more interested in either self promotion or earthly relationships, then don't worry about the OT.
The OT is only necessary to know who Jesus IS. You haven't a clue who God is because you allow the veil of ignorance over reading the OT to cloud your blind mind. Jesus came to lift that veil but you ignore Him and retain it believing in the absurd and barbaric blood sacrifice meme born of primitive minds. It never did make any sense that God would need blood sacrifices to appease Him . . . NEVER! It is primitive barbaric thinking that has been foolishly retained despite the unambiguous revelation, teaching and demonstration of Christ of our God who IS agape love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Jesus is not speaking of Himself but of His relationship with God. That of a servant of God and prophet.
Jesus is the Son of God . . . NOT a servant or a slave or a pet in obedience training. That barbaric and savage meme belongs to the primitives and savages who created it. There are no Kings and our God does not want to be one to us. He is our parent and we are His children. He wants us to mature and NOT harm ourselves in the process. All you obedience nuts simply have no clue who our Father IS and what it means that He IS agape love.

Old 05-23-2015, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Jesus is the Son of God . . . NOT a servant or a slave or a pet in obedience training.
Jesus Himself said He was sent by God to say what the Father commanded Him. That makes Him a servant of God.

Jesus said that the son of man came eating and drinking. This shows He ,the son of man, is the servant of God by the scriptures that say the servant of God eats and drinks but the wicked do not. Remember the words of Jesus;

"Whoever belongs to God hears the words of God the reason you do not hear is you do not belong to God."

"Whoever being of the truth hears my voice."

Old 05-23-2015, 08:24 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Where did you get your number from? Did you make it up or do you have a source?
Whether i have a source or not,you are conveniently ignoring that Jesus Christ in a 3 year ministry only quoted the bible a measly 78 times, you are making out that saying it was 33 times as being way off base? Proof again being a fundamentalist that we ignore everything but what we are blinded by.

Old 05-23-2015, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Whether i have a source or not,you are conveniently ignoring that Jesus Christ in a 3 year ministry only quoted the bible a measly 78 times, you are making out that saying it was 33 times as being way off base? Proof again being a fundamentalist that we ignore everything but what we are blinded by.
Everything He said is not recorded. The main thing is that He said the truth, the word of God, is what gives life.

"Man does not live by bread alone but by every word from the mouth of God."

"My brothers, mother and sisters hear the word of God and do it."

Old 05-24-2015, 06:14 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Can you prove this? 78 times in 3 years is nota lot, i ain't no fundamentalist and i quote it more than that in a week. Actually, i am sure i have read it was 33 times that he quoted them, which to me sounds right
How about you two count them for yourselves?..

Old 05-24-2015, 08:14 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
How about you two count them for yourselves?..
I cannot be bothered, because the point i am making is, even if it is 78 times it really is not a lot of times over a 3 year period. Jesus actually did tell us where he spoke from.........he spoke what is father showed him, of cause your fundamentalist will add to that like they always do and say that he spoke what his father showed him in the bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity