Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2015, 09:43 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,925,052 times

Advertisements

I can see this thread is a waste of time.

Last edited by arleigh; 06-19-2015 at 09:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2015, 09:44 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
....snip....

Why do you think the idea of feeling like you're being controlled or manipulated is such a hot button issue for you, titans?
Because the MAN is the boss and you aren't a man and he is!

Ish....

Old 06-19-2015, 09:47 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,984,588 times
Quote:
Let's say they did suggest that people should not respond (I didn't see them doing that, but maybe I missed it). It appears you are worried that Mystic and Warden have control over what other people choose to do on this forum. You know that isn't true, right?
Not at all because I never addressed it. It's not worth my time. I'm confused as to why they feel that they need to tell people that. Let's focus on that. Let's focus on why they even need to do that.

Quote:
Why do you think the idea of feeling like you're being controlled or manipulated is such a hot button issue for you, titans?
It's only an issue for you because like I said, you have crossed the line multiple times on here.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Because the MAN is the boss and you aren't a man and he is!

Ish....
Perfect example Pleroo. This happens in every thread on this section. A lot of us are tired of this nonsense. I just want to have a conversation. We don't have to be best friends, but the continuing snarky remarks are getting old.

Old 06-19-2015, 09:56 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Poor justtitans.

I had no idea you were so...sensitive. I feel terrible about myself now.

Where can I send you a nice bouquet of lovely flowers?

Old 06-19-2015, 09:58 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
I didn't realize I was supposed to acknowledge all of my sinfulness on CD. I'm not sure where you are going with this, but it's funny how this conversation went from me originally stating that you aren't showing agape love, to now being focused on me acknowledging sinfulness.

Let's get back to what I originally said, the reality is this. If you as a believer, have a sin, and you acknowledge the sin but you still continue in that sin without repentance, then it's no longer just sin, it's an iniquity. You have basically acknowledged that you have not been civil, to myself and others on here and you use the excuse that I'm sinful. Well if you're still doing it, and knowingly doing it, then you are not repenting. Taking it a step further, just to show you where you actually are, you decide to try to take the attention off of yourself and onto me because you don't want to deal with your own plank.

Just to be frank with you, you have been very smug with your responses on here. Many of your responses are long-winded and full of anger. I honestly stop reading and responding to your post because it's sickening that someone can be so hypocritical. You go on these ridiculous rants on people and when you are called out, you just say you're sinful and you're working on it. Well how about you work on it instead of harassing people on here?
What you don't like is the same thing the Pharisees hated in Jessus--being exposed as no different than any other sinner. No specialness. No uniqueness. Just a sinner in need of a Savior like everyone else.

But you don't handle that need for a Savior by seeking to be a servant to others. You do so by pointing fingers and trying to create separation from the sinners who are your brothers and sisters. God wants self-reflection, not self-justification. When you are able to do that, you will discover the ability to accept others spiritually for whom they are.

But don't think you shall escape from the Holy Spirit. Whether it's me or Z-Man, or Pleroo or another, God is going to use someone to keep trying to get you to focus on your own heart. That's what God does. And that's what I believe within Christianity.

Old 06-19-2015, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Poor justtitans.

I had no idea you were so...sensitive. I feel terrible about myself now.

Where can I send you a nice bouquet of lovely flowers?
So you acknowledge that you antagonize posters?

Old 06-19-2015, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
What you don't like is the same thing the Pharisees hated in Jessus--being exposed as no different than any other sinner. No specialness. No uniqueness. Just a sinner in need of a Savior like everyone else.

But you don't handle that need for a Savior by seeking to be a servant to others. You do so by pointing fingers and trying to create separation from the sinners who are your brothers and sisters. God wants self-reflection, not self-justification. When you are able to do that, you will discover the ability to accept others spiritually for whom they are.

But don't think you shall escape from the Holy Spirit. Whether it's me or Z-Man, or Pleroo or another, God is going to use someone to keep trying to get you to focus on your own heart. That's what God does. And that's what I believe within Christianity.
And again couldn't the same thing be said about you? Again, you continue to deflect the attention off of yourself and not acknowledge that this conversation originally started talking about YOU, not me.

But to further the point. I acknowledge all the time how I am nobody special. I don't think there is anything special about me, I'm just as sinful as anyone else. The difference is though, when I am, I acknowledge it, I own it. I don't start talking about other people so that I can't judge myself.

Old 06-19-2015, 10:10 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
Not at all because I never addressed it. It's not worth my time. I'm confused as to why they feel that they need to tell people that. Let's focus on that. Let's focus on why they even need to do that.
You brought it up.

Quote:
It's only an issue for you because like I said, you have crossed the line multiple times on here.
"Crossing the line". You said the same thing about Mystic and Warden. So, you have drawn a line, a barrier to protect yourself from something. From what?

Old 06-19-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
You brought it up.
Because you tried to make it seem like I have no reason to take issue to their post. I never brought up until you made that point. I didn't even respond to them about it. It's the fact that you are so focused on me. I'm curious why you aren't saying anything to them?

Quote:
"Crossing the line". You said the same thing about Mystic and Warden. So, you have drawn a line, a barrier to protect yourself from something. From what?
What I believe is tolerable. If some other individuals that should address it won't, I will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity