Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2015, 06:00 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
What did you say recently ...
"Whether you believe He is the same being as His own Father or a different being, you can still revere Him as your Savior and strive to live as He told us to. That's how I believe He is going to recognize the "real Christians."
and the opposite of not " to strive as he He told us to" is what? ... you really think insinuation isn't the same as saying it?

Don't bother, I know you actually don't want to see it anymore than wanting to see that the Bible reveals that God is Triune.
"you can still revere Him as your Savior and strive to live as He told us to. That's how I believe He is going to recognize the "real Christians."
Only a wantonly individual not desiring to know the truth would reason away Jesus' warning under the rational banner of "all prophets" that you're suggesting by not to validate that statement in bold.
It's prudent to do the Berean method alone like they did with Paul along with researching if others with the same affiliation has historically said such.
Blah, Blah???...

Old 06-23-2015, 06:02 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Even in the 1st Century, Paul warned that there were impostors in the faith that were teaching a false Gospel. Of course, God saves--and he has preserved his church to today....even in the midst of false teachers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Pretty ironic that Paul should say that, huh?...
What is ironic is that it is the false Gospel that has survived and become the majority anti-Christ apostate view as prophesied for these "latter days."

Old 06-23-2015, 06:19 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
The irony is that you are completely oblivious to the fact that you're attempting to make theological statements about doctrine to say that theology and doctrine don't matter. So you're basically stating that you are full of hot air.

I have already chosen to ignore you...but I couldn't resist pointing out the fact that you are self-refuting.
Sooo true

Old 06-23-2015, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Actually, I think that the interesting thing about the devil is that, rather than presenting straightforward lies, what he does most of the time is present a mixture of truth and lies. That makes the truth even harder to distinguish.
Yes he is crafty.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:55 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Jesus claimed to be the Alpha and Omega -- the God of the universe. So, if that's true, then God must be Triune in nature.
Huh? How does the one necessarily follow the other?

Quote:
I'm sorry...I don't follow your reasoning.
You said, "In my opinion, one cannot be a Christian and not believe in the Triune God." What makes you think the Apostles believed in the Triune God? What did any of them ever say to lead you to that conclusion?

Old 06-23-2015, 08:01 PM

Quote:
and, as I demonstrated, her own reasoning, too. Just as one cannot be a mormon without believing some basic mormon teachings, one cannot be a Christian without believing some basic Christian teachings.

The question that I have is...why does everyone get so worked up about being so inclusive in Christianity when we don't require the same thing of other religious groups? A mormon can get on here all day long and tell people that they are not mormons if they don't hold to certain beliefs...but if I try to do the same thing in defending my faith, I get called a bigot.
So who gave you the authority to determine which teachings are "basic" and which ones aren't? There is nowhere in the Bible that even remotely implies that a person has to believe in a three-in-one God in order to be a Christian. That's you talking, not the Bible. Just stop and think about it for a minute, Vizio. I am as firmly convinced that I am a Christian as you are that you are a Christian. How would you react if I figured I got to make the rules and tell you you weren't a Christian because you don't share all of my beliefs? And why on earth would I call myself a Christian if I didn't believe I was one? If I were to say, "I am not a Christian," I would by lying!

Last edited by Katzpur; 06-23-2015 at 08:15 PM..

Old 06-23-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
What did you say recently ...
"Whether you believe He is the same being as His own Father or a different being, you can still revere Him as your Savior and strive to live as He told us to. That's how I believe He is going to recognize the "real Christians."
and the opposite of not " to strive as he He told us to" is what? ... you really think insinuation isn't the same as saying it?
What? I don't have a clue what you're trying to say.

Quote:
"you can still revere Him as your Savior and strive to live as He told us to. That's how I believe He is going to recognize the "real Christians."
Only a wantonly individual not desiring to know the truth would reason away Jesus' warning under the rational banner of "all prophets" that you're suggesting by not to validate that statement in bold.
It's prudent to do the Berean method alone like they did with Paul along with researching if others with the same affiliation has historically said such.
I don't know what the hell you're even talking about twin.spin, so you'll have to just excuse me for just ignoring you.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Blah, Blah???...
My sentiments exactly.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Vizio
Jesus claimed to be the Alpha and Omega -- the God of the universe. So, if that's true, then God must be Triune in nature.
Quote:
Huh? How does the one necessarily follow the other?
Jesus did not ever claim to be the Alpha and Omega. It is a misapplication of scripture.

Quote:
You said, "In my opinion, one cannot be a Christian and not believe in the Triune God." What makes you think the Apostles believed in the Triune God? What did any of them ever say to lead you to that conclusion?
Correct they never spoke of a triune God or a Trinity nor ever spoke of 3 persons being 1 God, etc.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:40 PM

Quote:
So who gave you the authority to determine which teachings are "basic" and which ones aren't? There is nowhere in the Bible that even remotely implies that a person has to believe in a three-in-one God in order to be a Christian. That's you talking, not the Bible. Just stop and think about it for a minute, Vizio. I am as firmly convinced that I am a Christian as you are that you are a Christian. How would you react if I figured I got to make the rules and tell you you weren't a Christian because you don't share all of my beliefs? And why on earth would I call myself a Christian if I didn't believe I was one? If I were to say, "I am not a Christian," I would by lying!
Yes that is a man made standard. No mention ever exists of such a belief being mandatory. Again a man imposed rule, not God's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity