Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2015, 01:02 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,718,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Oh, for crying out loud, Vizio! This thread is not about Mormonism. Why turn it into one? To answer your question anyway, no, it would be ridiculous for your to call yourself a Mormon if you thought Joseph Smith was a false prophet and a con man. It would be just a ridiculous for me to call myself a Christian if I didn't believe that what the Bible had to say about Him was true. But the fact is: I do. I believe every word the Bible has to say about Jesus Christ, so your question is nothing more than an attempt to derail this thread. Further questions along the same line will be reported. Got that?
I think a line has been drawn in the internet sand!!

Kat, I don't hold with all Mormons believe, but then that's pretty much true of my thoughts about any denomination. But you have always reflected a less judgmental view than I see from most Protestant fundamentalists. (Not lumping Mormons with fundamentalists) I would be happy to have you as a neighbor in Heaven. That is if you and your Mormon neighbors in that gated community would have me!!

THAT IS A JOKE!!!

Old 06-23-2015, 01:02 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,409,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Yea?...Where?...
Genesis 3:2-4 2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: 3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. 4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

John 8:44 44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Pretty clear.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:09 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I think a line has been drawn in the internet sand!!

Kat, I don't hold with all Mormons believe, but then that's pretty much true of my thoughts about any denomination. But you have always reflected a less judgmental view than I see from most Protestant fundamentalists. (Not lumping Mormons with fundamentalists) I would be happy to have you as a neighbor in Heaven. That is if you and your Mormon neighbors in that gated community would have me!!
We'd be delighted and honored.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:14 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,498,708 times
Originally Posted by twin.spin
right ... God doesn't go by "silly labels" yet you're sure he does of your labeling.
Quote:
Your sentence doesn't even make sense, twin, so I really can't understand it well enough to even respond, except to say one thing: Never in my life have I labeled someone a non-Christian simply because he interprets certain Bible verses differently than I do.
so who is labeling you as a Christian?

As far as something that you never done in your life, whose fault is that for not watching out for false prophets \ false teachers as Jesus revealed and as God also revealed the same in Jeremiah 14:14 and Jeremiah 23:26 ?

Just what do you think a false prophet says .... Hey lookie lookie, don't listen to me cause I'm a false prophet and don't worry cause I would never call myself a Christian !!

Old 06-23-2015, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
John 8:44 44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Actually, I think that the interesting thing about the devil is that, rather than presenting straightforward lies, what he does most of the time is present a mixture of truth and lies. That makes the truth even harder to distinguish.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
so who is labeling you as a Christian?
Lots of people. A lot of other people label, including you, have labeled me as a "non-Christian."

Quote:
As far as something that you never done in your life, whose fault is that for not watching out for false prophets \ false teachers as Jesus revealed and as God also revealed the same in Jeremiah 14:14 and Jeremiah 23:26 ?
Jesus warned His followers to watch out for "false prophets." He didn't say anything about watching out for "all prophets."

Old 06-23-2015, 01:25 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,201,874 times
Quote:
Oh, for crying out loud, Vizio! This thread is not about Mormonism. Why turn it into one?
I'm not here to debate mormonism. My question has a point.
Quote:

To answer your question anyway: No, it would be ridiculous for your to call yourself a Mormon if you thought Joseph Smith was a false prophet and a con man. It would be just a ridiculous for me to call myself a Christian if I didn't believe that what the Bible had to say about Jesus Christ was true.
Glad you agree that there are some basic requirements.
Quote:

But the fact is: I do; I believe every word the Bible has to say about Jesus Christ, so your question is nothing more than an attempt to derail this thread. Further questions along the same line will be reported. Got that?
OK. The Bible teaches that the Father is God. The Son is God, and the Spirit is God. They are all God...but there is ONLY one God. As you say, one that calls themselves a Christian while not believing what the Bible says about God would be a hypocrite. To suggest that one is a Christian while believing that God is not whom he says he is, in your words, wrong.

So, to answer the OP's question, a "non-Trinitarian Christian" is an oxymoron. In my opinion, one cannot be a Christian and not believe in the Triune God.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'm not here to debate mormonism. My question has a point.

Glad you agree that there are some basic requirements.

OK. The Bible teaches that the Father is God. The Son is God, and the Spirit is God. They are all God...but there is ONLY one God. As you say, one that calls themselves a Christian while not believing what the Bible says about God would be a hypocrite. To suggest that one is a Christian while believing that God is not whom he says he is, in your words, wrong.
So it sounds like I'm off the hook, then, since I do believe what the Bible teaches. I just don't believe in all of the embellishments the Creeds add to what the Bible teaches.

Quote:
So, to answer the OP's question, a "non-Trinitarian Christian" is an oxymoron. In my opinion, one cannot be a Christian and not believe in the Triune God.
That kind of sucks for Christ's Apostles, doesn't it?

Old 06-23-2015, 02:03 PM

75 posts, read 51,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Yea?...Where?...
John 8:44, Genesis 3:4 "you certainly will not die" that was a lie wasn't it?

Old 06-23-2015, 02:15 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,201,874 times
Quote:
So it sounds like I'm off the hook, then, since I do believe what the Bible teaches. I just don't believe in all of the embellishments the Creeds add to what the Bible teaches.
Jesus claimed to be the Alpha and Omega -- the God of the universe. So, if that's true, then God must be Triune in nature.
Quote:
That kind of sucks for Christ's Apostles, doesn't it?
I'm sorry...I don't follow your reasoning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.