Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2015, 09:55 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,528,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
What? I don't have a clue what you're trying to say.
Sure you do ... you've been rambling on now for sometime about not labeling people as Christians \ as true - "real" Christians, and yet that is exactly what you did.

Don't play dumb all of a sudden now, "strive to live as He told us to, That's how I believe He is going to recognize the "real Christians." ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
"you can still revere Him as your Savior and strive to live as He told us to. That's how I believe He is going to recognize the "real Christians."
Only a wantonly individual not desiring to know the truth would reason away Jesus' warning under the rational banner of "all prophets" that you're suggesting by not to validate that statement in bold.
It's prudent to do the Berean method alone like they did with Paul along with researching if others with the same affiliation has historically said such.
Quote:
I don't know what the hell you're even talking about twin.spin, so you'll have to just excuse me for just ignoring you.
Sure you do ... you just presented a creed "and strive to live as He told us to" that Jesus of the Bible did not:
“Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged..."

"to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—"

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; the one who lives and believes will never die "

Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”
Now people know why a lot of people including myself say what we say

Now people know why we send mission teams to Salt Lake \ Provo ..... to present the Jesus of the Bible that isn't heard.

Old 06-23-2015, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Yes that is a man made standard. No mention ever exists of such a belief being mandatory. Again a man imposed rule, not God's.
Hardly, since only the True God saves and denying that God is Triune is to believe in a false prophet \ false teacher.

God is Triune or Jesus is a liar and the NT is also.

Old 06-23-2015, 10:41 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,450,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster_H View Post
He was the first liar, liar.
Is that you, Jim Carrey?

An adversary does not have to be a liar.

Old 06-23-2015, 10:45 PM

Quote:
God is Triune or Jesus is a liar and the NT is also.
Conjecture.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:00 PM

28,150 posts, read 30,097,469 times
Quote:
Sure you do ...
Oh, now I see what you're saying. Yeah, sure... Jesus will recognize the real Christians. Are you saying He won't? But I've got news for you, twin.spin: You're not Jesus.

Quote:
Sure you do ...you just presented a creed "and strive to live as He told us to" that Jesus of the Bible did not
Of course He did. You posted some verses that don't say that we must keep His commandments. So what? That doesn't mean there aren't plenty of them.

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Romans 2:12-13 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; for not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

2 Timothy: 2-19 Nevertheless, the foundation of God standeth sure, having the seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Hebrews 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him.

James 2:20-24 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Quote:
Now people know why we send mission teams to Salt Lake \ Provo ..... to present the Jesus of the Bible that isn't heard.
Your mission teams are welcome here, and if they're the slightest bit open-minded, they will discover that we are very well-acquainted with the Jesus of the Bible and love Him deeply.

Last edited by Katzpur; 06-23-2015 at 11:56 PM..

Old 06-23-2015, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Now people know why a lot of people including myself say what we say.
We know what you say, and why; but it does not make it the truth?

Old 06-23-2015, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Trust me; I don't.

Again, I don't.

Your mission teams are welcome here, and if they're the slightest bit open-minded, they will discover that we are very well-acquainted with the Jesus of the Bible.
well trust me ... we know just how very little they hear the Jesus of the Bible vs. your version that puts conditions on them like " and strive to live as He told us to" ... which is why our teams later post in our blogs about the tears from some who never heard the true gospel message.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
We know what you say, and why; but it does not make it the truth?
Nothing new under the sun ... those who oppose the Truth would have done so even if Jesus were to say it in person.

You and the usual amigos oppose me specifically for simply no other reason than I dare to repeat and unwaver from what the Truth said.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:29 PM

28,150 posts, read 30,097,469 times
Quote:
well trust me ... we know just how very little they hear the Jesus of the Bible vs. your version that puts conditions on them like " and strive to live as He told us to" ...
There are plenty of verses in "my version" (the KJV) that teach us precisely that. Jesus Christ gave us "commandments," NOT suggestions. And they matter to Him. If you want to pretend they don't, that's fine with me.

Quote:
which is why our teams later post in our blogs about the tears from some who never heard the true gospel message.
Good grief, spare me the melodrama. At times like this, what I wouldn't give for a throw-up smilie.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:42 PM

Quote:
There are plenty of verses in "my version" (the KJV) that teach us precisely that. Jesus Christ gave us "commandments," NOT suggestions. And they matter to Him. If you want to pretend they don't, that's fine with me.
I don't pretend when eternal life is in the balance when Jesus says the only work God requires is to believe. <- (period)

Correct, the commandments are NOT suggestions to those who believe Jesus is their example, or have to prove themselves worthy or what must they do as the young man once asked Jesus.

It's either or ... Jesus the substitute or it's you (generically speaking) on your own .... as one day all will realize. (Matthew 25:30-46)
Quote:
Good grief, spare me the melodrama. Where's the throw up smilie when you need it anyway?
Unlike your wishful imagery ... Our mission teams regretfully know that it's actually the opposite of whom is the least bit open-minded when faced with the truth. We pray that Holy Spirit still works that seed they planted for those who hear the true gospel message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity