Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2015, 06:48 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,958,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I'm pretty sure that the supreme court didn't just ban opposite sex marriage. There is no mandate that you do anything. You are breaking no laws by not marrying someone of the same sex.
Agree that opposite-sex marriage was Not banned, and that there is No need to do anything.
However, did the SC throw the Bible behind them in connection to Romans 1 vs 26-27 and 1st Cor. 6:9 ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 07:25 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,253,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I am so intolerant that I will stand against any theocracy that tries to deny ANY human the basic rights enjoyed by EVERY HUMAN.

I am so intolerant, that I will call out any person trying to strip another human of their dignity simply because that person is different in appearance, race, religion, creed, SEXUAL ORIENTATION.

I am so intolerant that I will abstain from supporting any person or business that refuses service and rejects others based on differences.

I am so intolerant that I really do not care if you have the stars & bars on your car, tattooed on your inner thigh, painted on your car or hanging next to that swastika in your man cave..but bring the flag out demanding those who are different be exterminated, rounded up in camps, or otherwise segregated from society, my intolerance will be the only thing anyone remembers.
The hypocrisy is palpable... lol!

"I'm completely tolerant... as long as you believe what I believe."

Keep going, though, this is great stuff.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:33 PM

18,490 posts, read 9,154,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
This Country and the World are already condemned by God.
It's not healthy to think like that.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:35 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,200,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Agree that opposite-sex marriage was Not banned, and that there is No need to do anything.
However, did the SC throw the Bible behind them in connection to Romans 1 vs 26-27 and 1st Cor. 6:9 ?
The supreme court rules based on the constitution of the US, they don't rule based on your bible.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:01 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,710,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
The hypocrisy is palpable... lol!

"I'm completely tolerant... as long as you believe what I believe."

Keep going, though, this is great stuff.
Strange though it may be to ask, WHY won't you stand up for basic human rights for every one?
Your god tells you not to?

WHY won't you stand against those who would strip dignity from other human beings for color, religion, race, creed, sex, or sexual orientation?
Your god tells you not to?

WHY would you cater to businesses that refuse service to others because of the above?
Your god tells you to keep on shopping?

WHY would you want to wave the Confederate flag in front of people clearly affronted by it (and I'm a born Alabamian)?
Your god tells you to honor southern "chivalry?"

Whatever your god is, he is in no way related to Jesus Christ.

But, no, you are not hypocritical. You believe those things and practice them in the name of your god?

Old 06-27-2015, 08:27 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
...snip....

This Country and the World are already condemned by God. ...snip...
What a great, heaping, steaming pile of bovine excrement that is!

Which, considering from where you grasped this little "factoid," makes odoriferous sense.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:31 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,163,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post

There is not an ounce of hatred within me, just sadness, compassion and love for those who are lost.
Well aren't you special. Have you thought about alerting the media? Not.an.ounce. Yep. FOX will want to know.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 06-27-2015 at 08:45 PM..

Old 06-27-2015, 08:57 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,731,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
NO NO NO NO NO..define BIGOT as someone who ACTS to PREVENT others from accessing RIGHTS because that person does not AGREE with the behavior..ACTING to prevent someone from accessing their rights is BIGOTRY.

Also saying that a person who participates in a behavior someone does not like is somehow less a person, not worthy of rights and the LOVE of God is also being a BIGOT...
Kinda like the gay couple who prevented a Christian business owner from accessing their right of freedom of religion huh?

Bottom line, throwing around labels like "bigot" a thousand times is counter productive. It certainly doesn't make the target take a step back, and think hmmm maybe I'm wrong because they think I am a bigot! It is only a reflection of deep rooted anger from the attackers.

Old 06-27-2015, 09:11 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,200,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Kinda like the gay couple who prevented a Christian business owner from accessing their right of freedom of religion huh?

Bottom line, throwing around labels like "bigot" a thousand times is counter productive. It certainly doesn't make the target take a step back, and think hmmm maybe I'm wrong because they think I am a bigot! It is only a reflection of deep rooted anger from the attackers.
Which couple and which business owner?

The business owner that broke the law of operating a business in their state?
Sorry, but your religion is not a valid reason to violate generally applicable laws like anti-discrimination laws.

Old 06-27-2015, 09:17 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,321,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Which couple and which business owner?

The business owner that broke the law of operating a business in their state?
Sorry, but your religion is not a valid reason to violate generally applicable laws like anti-discrimination laws.
They appear to want special religious rights for business owners, religious rights that public and private sector employees would not get nor would Non religious business owners have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity