Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2015, 07:04 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,487,769 times

Advertisements

ah yes .... the when all else fails, attempt to justify this via the animal kingdom.

No better way to describe than this:
"just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.

They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers,
God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their
parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy."

Do not be deceived, God will not be mocked.
God is THE Supreme Court and his righteous ruling decree is already known.
"Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 08:14 PM

18,490 posts, read 9,153,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
ah yes .... the when all else fails, attempt to justify this via the animal kingdom.

No better way to describe than this:
"just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.

They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers,
God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their
parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy."

Do not be deceived, God will not be mocked.
God is THE Supreme Court and his righteous ruling decree is already known.
"Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them."
Thankfully your god has no jurisdiction in the U.S. The Supreme Court, however, does.

If you believe that your god is sovereign rather than the U.S. Government, perhaps you should be tried for treason?

Old 06-28-2015, 08:44 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,777,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
The most important institution is being a parent. I hope one day you experience it. I have loved and continue to love every minute of it.
My children are adults with their own families. I have several grandkids. I'm old.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
No, jimmie, gayness is quite natural--in more than humans.

Homosexuality in the Animal Kingdom - Ecology and the Environment - Science Forums

You've got your nose stuck in the wrong book. The only thing unnatural on THIS forum, is your unscientific view. It goes against all intellect.
I don't need a book to tell me gay marriage is unnatural.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
No marriage is part of nature, as it is a man made concept.
What nonsense! Male/female attraction is natural.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
That's a repeat of the argument argument that was used by the people who thought blacks and whites shouldn't marry.
Not the same thing. Homosexuality is offensive (in opposition) to nature.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:51 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,613,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
My children are adults with their own families. I have several grandkids. I'm old.
Then you have been blessed with family and friends. I hope it is a good life. That is all the LGBTQ community wants. . The same opportunity to be blessed with family and friends even in old age.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:58 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
That was not as severe a change as this. Gay marriage goes against nature.
The ONLY thing society should prevent are those things that produce secular harm. What your God likes or doesn't like has no place in our society's laws, jimmie. Laws are to enforce rules necessary to safeguard society . . . NOT please your God. We are NOT God's enforcers. What anyone but YOURSELF does or does not do to please or offend God is none of your business! What God wants is between EACH INDIVIDUAL and God, period. You have NO role to play in any other person's relationship with God, jimmie. YOUR relationship with God should take up all of your concern.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:00 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Not the same thing. Homosexuality is offensive (in opposition) to nature.
Well keep your sense of offense to yourself. It is none of your business, jimmie!

Old 06-28-2015, 09:08 PM

408 posts, read 607,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Do we vote on anything anymore, or do we just let the guys in black robes decide everything?
We vote for the political party, which then elects the guy in the black robe.

The average American has an IQ of 100 and half-a-college education. He votes in a secret ballot and is not held accountable for the outcome of his choices.

Apart from Clarence Thomas, the Supreme court justices are the cream of the crop of legal minds in America. They are the highest achievers in one of the most intellectually arduous professions. They are public figures and they must explain their rationale in detail.

If important decisions came down to the popular vote:

- slavery would in all likelihood still be legal in bible belt states.
- Religious and ethnic minorities would be second-class citizens.
- interracial marriage would be illegal.
- women would not have a right to vote.
- non-land owners would not have a right to vote.

apart from voting for their political party of choice, I don't want high school dropouts and religious zealots to have ANY additional say in the governance of the nation. Those two qualifiers alone account for about 35% of the electorate.

Thank goodness these idiots don't have a greater say...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity