Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2015, 09:13 AM

440 posts, read 379,862 times

Advertisements

Homosexuality has always present in nature and it works just as fine as heterosexuality. Your own personal conception of homosexuality is wrong, based on ignorance and hatred passed down to you by ignorant and bigoted parents and pastors.

Remember the bible portrays bats as birds.

It is 2015, let's make an effort to acquire knowledge, don't force yourself to live under the ignorance of people who lived 2000 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 09:33 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,634,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Do we vote on anything anymore, or do we just let the guys in black robes decide everything?
The Supremes decide every law that remains contested in the lower courts. They are the final arbiters. Your history lessons in school or college should have included this. Even the old School House Rock taught simple history lessons.

I am very happy with this ruling. We do not have to agree with any ruling. We are required to follow the law. Some rulings I like, and some I do not like. I follow the law.

Unless you are LGTBQ and wish to marry, then their ruling has no effect on you. I hope you are prepared for more. Eventually it will be illegal to discriminate against LGBTQ for employment and adoption.

My faith does not allow silence in these matters. If we treated our brothers and sisters with the respect they deserve, the Supremes would not have to make these decisions.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:48 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,530,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
The Supremes decide every law that remains contested in the lower courts. They are the final arbiters. Your history lessons in school or college should have included this. Even the old School House Rock taught simple history lessons.

I am very happy with this ruling. We do not have to agree with any ruling. We are required to follow the law. Some rulings I like, and some I do not like. I follow the law.

Unless you are LGTBQ and wish to marry, then their ruling has no effect on you. I hope you are prepared for more. Eventually it will be illegal to discriminate against LGBTQ for employment and adoption.

My faith does not allow silence in these matters. If we treated our brothers and sisters with the respect they deserve, the Supremes would not have to make these decisions.
actually they are not the final arbiters ... they are just one branch of government which is known as "checks and balances" ... The framers of the Constitution designed the U.S. government so that each branch had a check on the others. In this way, no one branch would have absolute authority.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:59 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,634,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
actually they are not the final arbiters ... they are just one branch of government which is known as "checks and balances" ... The framers of the Constitution designed the U.S. government so that each branch had a check on the others. In this way, no one branch would have absolute authority.
The only way to overcome a ruling by the Court is a Constitutional Amendment. Never going to happen.

Old 06-29-2015, 10:06 AM

20,460 posts, read 12,853,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haukur View Post
Homosexuality has always present in nature and it works just as fine as heterosexuality. Your own personal conception of homosexuality is wrong, based on ignorance and hatred passed down to you by ignorant and bigoted parents and pastors.

It is 2015, let's make an effort to acquire knowledge, don't force yourself to live under the ignorance of people who lived 2000 years ago.
No, it doesn't. Seriously, Biology 101.

Old 06-29-2015, 10:14 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,284,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
That has nothing to do with the issue. Homosexuality is offensive to nature.
You keep saying the silliest things. Even when the truth is repeatedly shown to you.

Old 06-29-2015, 10:26 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,479,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You keep saying the silliest things. Even when the truth is repeatedly shown to you.
Sure just like the truth was shown to Eve by Satan.
Nature and biology is fouled up because Adam listened to Eve, who listened to Satan. We see the results today and .... man and creation are falling apart. For those who believe in Evolution it is now going backwards.

Old 06-29-2015, 10:30 AM

10,099 posts, read 5,767,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haukur View Post

Human beings are not animals. Animals eat their young too. I suppose that's ok then?

Old 06-29-2015, 10:54 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,530,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
The only way to overcome a ruling by the Court is a Constitutional Amendment. Never going to happen.
A constitutional amendment is one of ... not the only if following the pure authorities granted under the constitution given to the other branches.

Old 06-29-2015, 10:55 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,800,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Correct. RonkonkomaNative's lessons in school should have included this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity