Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 06:33 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,790,400 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 06:36 AM

21,087 posts, read 29,307,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Ad the discriminatory actions of a bigot are to prevent others from having the same rights they have simply because the other person is somehow different...

Old 06-30-2015, 06:36 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,643,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I have no idea what you're talking about here. Sorry.
what was that quote? Something like? " ... forgive them for they know not science ... ".

But we both know that there is no forgiveness from the father for we are not judged by him to be anything other than what we are. It's kind of like understanding why silver makes good jewelry and not Iron. They are both shinny and malleable. We would have trouble telling them apart from the standard amount of space a regular American requires in a loose group of Americans. (I mean US citizens ) .

It's just that iron will force some of itself on the system around it. Silver lets what will be, be. key word ... "Kinda" Remind ya a certian group of people?

Old 06-30-2015, 12:33 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,966,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

Whipped cream is good or immoral?
Immoral.QED.

Got some to go with my strawberry shortcake?

Old 06-30-2015, 01:20 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,276,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Wondering how many calories are in Devil's Food Cakes?

Best to jog the full length of the Pride Parade to work off those delicious calories.

Old 06-30-2015, 02:54 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,474,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Best to jog the full length of the Pride Parade to work off those delicious calories.
Don't forget to wear a dress if you are a "Guy".

Old 06-30-2015, 03:18 PM

21,087 posts, read 29,307,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Don't forget to wear a dress if you are a "Guy".
When I was a child...there are some who still are

Old 06-30-2015, 05:11 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,745,281 times
Quote:
Ad the discriminatory actions of a bigot are to prevent others from having the same rights they have simply because the other person is somehow different...
Yes, there is a huge difference between calling someone a bigot who continues to have the right to their bigotry, and telling someone that because of your own bigotry they can't be treated as an equal human being.

That is the primary contrast between fundamentalist bigotry and my kind of bigotry which is against Moderator cut: personal reference removed gets to keep on being a bigot with the same rights I have. He just wishes to deny those rights to other human beings, and I'm not going to let him do it without getting called out onto the wrestling mat.

Last edited by mensaguy; 07-01-2015 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: personal reference removed

Old 06-30-2015, 05:50 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,474,330 times
Quote:
When I was a child...there are some who still are
Yes and some have grown up and ... well begin to act and speak like adults, not like children who don't get what they want.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:55 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,447,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
No God did not change his mind ... NT

Romans 1
1 Corinthians 6
1 Timothy 1
2 Peter 2

Not only do those who engage in such are by God's righteous decree deserving of damnation, so are those who approve of them.

But what I do find as poetic justice is what Jesus call the depraved \ sexually immoral:
"Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood." ~ Jesus
they trying to justify it by the animal kingdom and Jesus judges them on the same basis.
btw ... context teaches that dogs were not favorably looked upon at all in Jesus' day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Did you mean to say, dogs with little or no faith?

And He answered and said, "It is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs."
But she said, "Yes, Lord; but even the dogs feed on the crumbs which fall from their masters' table."

Then Jesus said to her, "O woman, your faith is great; it shall be done for you as you wish."
And her daughter was healed at once.

Interesting, there is nothing about her deserving damnation?
However, I do understand that many have extreme tunnel vision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Interesting, there is nothing about her deserving damnation?

You know why .... because Jesus didn't call her a dog to begin with unlike those who Jesus does.
See how simple it is to remove extreme tunnel vision and deliberate perversion of God's righteous decree.
"Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood."
Don't forget the idolaters and everyone who loves; and practices that which is false.
Of them the proverb is true: A dog returns to its vomit, and a fool returns to his folly.

Outside are the unbelievers' and those of little faith.
When Pharaoh saw that there was relief; he (also) hardened his heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity