Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 08:09 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Yes and some have grown up and ... well begin to act and speak like adults, not like children who don't get what they want.
Not everyone is on the right side of both history and God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 11:37 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Only carnal christians make it their business to speak out against and judge what they assume is sin, worse still they use the bible not God to justify doing so. Jesus never singled out any group of people to openly rebuke other than the scribe and pharisee, who were liars and hypocrites It is embarrassing and shameful the way so called christians go after homosexuals.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:47 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The fanatics or fundamentalist would-be dictators who want society to create, interpret, and administer "laws" to control others in accord with their God should reflect on these words from Paul:

Colossians 2:19,
. . . If you have died with Christ to the elements of the world, why, as if still living in the world, do you lay down the rules . . . Things that must all perish in their very use? In this you follow the 'precepts and doctrines of men.

Corinthians 10:23,
. . . All things are lawful, but not all things are expedient. All things are lawful, but not all things edify.

Romans 14:14
. . . I know and am confident in the Lord Jesus that nothing is of itself unclean; But to him who regards anything as unclean, to him it is unclean.

As to your unreasonable certainty about what is and is not God's truth let me remind you of this little bit of reality-orientation:

Jeremias, 8:8
. . . How do you say: We are wise, and the law of the Lord is with us? Indeed the lying pen of the Scribes hath wrought falsehood. The wise men are confounded, they are dismayed and taken . . . and there is no wisdom in them. They are confounded because they have committed abomination: yea rather they are not confounded with confusion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Yes, there is a huge difference between calling someone a bigot who continues to have the right to their bigotry, and telling someone that because of your own bigotry they can't be treated as an equal human being.
That is the primary contrast between fundamentalist bigotry and my kind of bigotry which is against Moderator cut: personal reference removed gets to keep on being a bigot with the same rights I have. He just wishes to deny those rights to other human beings, and I'm not going to let him do it without getting called out onto the wrestling mat.
Amen, Warden. The desire to judge and control others in the name of God is NOT consistent with the Spirit of agape love (who IS God). The desire to treat others differently who violate what you think your God wants is NOT consistent with the Spirit of agape love (who IS God). We are NOT God's enforcers or judges, period! We are God's children and we are to love one another, period . . . and that does NOT mean "tough love" or any other rationalization to mistreat others.

Last edited by mensaguy; 07-01-2015 at 12:55 PM.. Reason: quoted post edited

Old 07-01-2015, 07:14 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
"Righteousness exalts a nation, But sin is a disgrace to any people."

Old 07-01-2015, 07:16 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Not everyone is on the right side of both history and God.
Too true

Old 07-01-2015, 10:36 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Ecclesiastes 7:8
The end of a matter is better than its beginning; and patience is better than pride.

Old 07-02-2015, 03:20 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
And all i ever hear you talk about is sin(which also tells me you have trouble with folk who are not like you). So go figure. Exalt the nation by speaking of righteousness, if you do not know what righteousness is, then carry on living off the crumbs that fall off the Westboro Baptist church table

Last edited by pcamps; 07-02-2015 at 03:33 AM..

Old 07-02-2015, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Ecclesiastes 7:8
The end of a matter is better than its beginning; and patience is better than pride.
Indeed. God promises the ending will be better.

Old 07-02-2015, 03:46 AM

Some people come here to discuss the topic, while some others come here to take shots at other posters, which proves how little tolerance they have for anyone who are even a little different than themselves.

Why would anyone be so offended by seeing the word of God being quoted that they attack the person quoting it?

They did it to Stephen, and stoned him to death, and with his last breath he forgave his attackers saying they did not understand what they were doing. I also forgive, as I also know some people simply do not understand what they are doing.

Resentment is poison. Throw it away!

It wont take long for the attackers to prove my point by repeating what they did earlier. They always do.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-02-2015 at 05:12 AM..

Old 07-02-2015, 04:14 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
And I am proud of our nation at this time in spite of the unloving attitude of so many and how late it is in coming. It IS happening. The Spirit IS moving.....again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity