Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 08:10 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,244,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
More false accusations.......

See what I mean?
No, I don't see what you mean. It's usually quite impossible to see what you mean by anything you post. You're the most dishonest person I've ever encountered on City Data forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
This is a semantic argument. Your brother is your NEIGHBOR and Jesus makes this PAINFULLY clear with is story of the good Samaritan...

And again with His story of unto the least of these you did FOR ME...

Go on and continue telling yourself that Christ was talking about "brothers / sisters in Christ."

But remember what good is it t love those who love you (are like you)...

Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back.
Do to others as you would have them do to you

"If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them.
And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that.
And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full.
But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.
Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
-------------------------LUKE 6:30-38

If you LOVE only those like you...YOU ARE A SINNER
If you do good only to those who are good to you...YOU ARE A SINNER
If you demand repayment...YOU ARE A SINNER

IF YOU PLAY GAMES ND CLAIM NOT TO KNOW YOUR BROTHER / SISTER or NEIGHBOR blasphemes the HOLY SPIRIT.
Totally agree with you Z-man.

Old 07-13-2015, 08:15 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
I find these threads interesting because I have yet to see anyone on this forum who identifies AS a Fundamentalist. The term seems to be used to describe anyone who does not agree with fat left, extreme liberal, new Age, theistic, atheistic and similar views.

Kinda a meaningless term to bash anyone not in agreement with the one using the term.
Yes, indeed. It has no meaning when it is automatically associated with everyone who disagrees.

Old 07-13-2015, 08:17 AM

Quote:
You heard me. You judge people, and call them names, while claiming you should leave judgment to God.

The only "error" people do is disagree with your new-age beliefs. Why do you insist they have to agree with everything you say, or else be punished by God?
You always change the word judgement to "being punished". Of course we've been over that hundred of times with you, so I won't waste my time explaining the difference to you. I said God would judge everyone righteously. I never mentioned punishment.

Old 07-13-2015, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
No, I don't see what you mean. It's usually quite impossible to see what you mean by anything you post. You're the most dishonest person I've ever encountered on City Data forum.
You falsely accused me of hatred, and now you are accusing me of being dishonest, although I have not been dishonest in any way, shape or form.

You are becoming increasingly hostile. You should ask yourself why this is happening.

Old 07-13-2015, 08:26 AM

Quote:
You always change the word judgement to "being punished". Of course we've been over that hundred of times with you, so I won't waste my time explaining the difference to you. I said God would judge everyone righteously. I never mentioned punishment.
It's ok, I'm fine with your choice of words "harsh judgment". Everyone knows what we are talking about.

Old 07-13-2015, 08:30 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times
Quote:
I'm tired of fundamentalists as well, but I will leave their correction and judgement to God, as the scriptures say to do. The hypocrites will not fair well during judgement.

Thought you might appreciate this article posted by my nephew who is getting ready to go on a 2 year Christian missions trip with his wife to China to teach English to young children. He posted it on his Facebook page because he is fed up with the fake persecution claims the right wing fundamentalist Christians are constantly spouting just because they cannot put the slap down on gays and various minorities.

I don't expect to have any of the fundies doing any "mea culpas" in this thread.

Please Stop With The Christian Persecution Complex. You’re Embarrassing The Faith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
More threatening language from the Christian Left.

Is that what "God" ultimately is: a threat?

"Do what I say, or God will get you."
Quote:
Yep.
Quote:
Wow - you even join in with the Anarchist Atheist in your hatred for me. Not really surprising. You probably do have more in common with Freak than you do with me.

Easy on the anarchist label, I wear that proudly...LOL

As for MORE FEAR FROM THE CHRISTIAN LEFT...there is nothing from the left that even remotely resembles FEAR.

If one is referring to the hypocrites not fairing well, that is not FEAR, that is straight from scripture--FEAR is when the fundie says FOLLOW ME or rot and burn in HELL--or I HAVE TOLD YOU ABOUT YOUR SIN, CONTINUE AND YOU BURN...or GOD WILL HAVE VENGENCE ON YOU...

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 07-13-2015 at 08:50 AM..

Old 07-13-2015, 09:01 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,389,030 times
Quote:

If one is referring to the hypocrites not fairing well, that is not FEAR, that is straight from scripture--FEAR is when the fundie says FOLLOW ME or rot and burn in HELL--or I HAVE TOLD YOU ABOUT YOUR SIN, CONTINUE AND YOU BURN...or GOD WILL HAVE VENGENCE ON YOU...
True, but then the far left says follow me in doing anything you want and God won't care.

Both positions are ... well to be kind, wrong.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:10 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
True, but then the far left says follow me in doing anything you want and God won't care.

Both positions are ... well to be kind, wrong.

Not totally true. We do say WORSHIP anyway you want, but we do not say MURDER, RAPE, DISCRIMINATE, be a BIGOT, STEAL, etc..

What you so willingly confuse for "do anything you want" is the idea of "WHAT EVER YOU DO, DO SO WITH LOVE, CARING, JUSTICE and MERCY" as opposed to the fundies who say you need to crawl across broken glass for miles, impose self mutilation and repent 24/7 that you are BROKEN, WORTHTLESS and a habitual sinner...

When God has clearly stated what it is He requires of us---

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

Three so very easy things, yet all seem unattainable to so many in the evangelical fundie camp.

PERIOD! and as Jesus has said--- IT IS FINISHED!!!

Old 07-13-2015, 09:15 AM

45,548 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Quote:
This is a semantic argument. Your brother is your NEIGHBOR and Jesus makes this PAINFULLY clear with is story of the good Samaritan...

And again with His story of unto the least of these you did FOR ME...

Go on and continue telling yourself that Christ was talking about "brothers / sisters in Christ."

But remember what good is it t love those who love you (are like you)...

Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back.
Do to others as you would have them do to you

"If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them.
And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that.
And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full.
But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.
Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
-------------------------LUKE 6:30-38

If you LOVE only those like you...YOU ARE A SINNING
If you do good only to those who are good to you...YOU ARE A SINNING
If you demand repayment...YOU ARE A SINNING

IF YOU PLAY GAMES AND CLAIM NOT TO KNOW YOUR BROTHER / SISTER or NEIGHBOR YOU are blaspheming the HOLY SPIRIT.
So brother and neighbor are two different classes of people as defined by Christ. One is family, one isn't. The verse in the OP quoted 1 John 4:20 about love for their spiritual brother, not a neighbor. Sorry it doesn't align with your script.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 07-13-2015 at 09:44 AM.. Reason: Changed OT to OP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity