Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 09:31 AM

1,400 posts, read 773,754 times

Advertisements

To the person who started this lovely thread, you hardly seem like a vision of love. Now that you've shredded Christians entirely, forgive me for saying it, but I can't help but wonder, what is your excuse for being so unkind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 09:58 AM

18,515 posts, read 9,198,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
You are messed up. Are you a believer? If not, why do you hang out on the Christian forum? You are a "sneaky" evangelical atheist who has no business posting in a Christian forum. Of course I've told you this before. You want a world without laws? Really? That is asking for terror and chaos. I really disagree with the Anarchists of the world. All of them are atheist, obviously.
It was just an observation.

You were threatening someone with whom you disagreed. The threat was God's Judgement. It's the same thing that conservative Christians do.

It's essentially a bullying tactic: "if you disagree with me, God will get you!"

That's the whole point of "God": it's a kind of Ultimate Threat.

No, I'm not an anarchist. But conservative Christians usually make the same claim about atheists.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:59 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,627,495 times
I am not tired of fundamentalist ideologues. I like when they show themselves. I know who they are , and where to put my efforts when they choose discrimination of their brothers and sisters in the community.

I also find them amusing. I admit to being easily amused. It makes my job easier.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:18 AM

26,024 posts, read 22,219,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
I find these threads interesting because I have yet to see anyone on this forum who identifies AS a Fundamentalist. The term seems to be used to describe anyone who does not agree with fat left, extreme liberal, new Age, theistic, atheistic and similar views.

Kinda a meaningless term to bash anyone not in agreement with the one using the term.
I think most of us have probably noticed that by now. I asked someone to define what a "fundy" was and I was told that I qualified. I informed such person that I was not even a Christian. Ignorance of religion, well, it doesn't look good when you try to discuss something of which you don't have a clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You heard me. You judge people, and call them names, while claiming you should leave judgment to God.

The only "error" people do is disagree with your new-age beliefs. Why do you insist they have to agree with everything you say, or else be punished by God?
Actually, personal attacks aren't allowed and dishing them sure does seem like judgement. The one thing that confuses me is that people accuse others of judging when they quote something from Biblical law. If you run the stop light, I can quote the law on that and it is a fact that you broke the law, I am not judging, this is the law, you broke it. I don't understand that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
No, I don't see what you mean. It's usually quite impossible to see what you mean by anything you post. You're the most dishonest person I've ever encountered on City Data forum.
This is a personal attack, one of a few. Some people take posting on the internet as TOO personal and get their panties in a bunch. It is just a discussion and if it stresses you too much, go watch a Garfield cartoon or something.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:31 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,276,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
So brother and neighbor are two different classes of people as defined by Christ. One is family, one isn't. The verse in the OP quoted 1 John 4:20 about love for their spiritual brother, not a neighbor. Sorry it doesn't align with your script.
NO, they are the SAME. IT very much aligns with the script..LOVE THOSE WHO LOVE YOU..(you version of "brother" what about sister?) what good is that?

Jesus says why even bother bragging about loving those who love you, THAT is easy and does not have a cost..

The true test is LOVING those who are different from yourself. This is the HARDEST thing to do because LOVE always come with a cost when directed towards other outside our little box. This is were people differ--We either CARE for the STRANGER like they were one of us, or we just turn our backs on the lest of us and say GOD WILL PROVIDE, I AM BLAMELESS.

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 07-13-2015 at 10:41 AM..

Old 07-13-2015, 10:43 AM

45,706 posts, read 27,325,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
NO, they are the SAME
If you can't tell the difference between a brother and a neighbor - even at a normal common sense level, then you have some issues.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:47 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,276,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
If you can't tell the difference between a brother and a neighbor - even at a normal common sense level, then you have some issues.

If you can't tell their is NO difference between a brother and a neighbor (what about sister, why are women not mentioned?)- even at a normal common sense level, then you have some issues

Old 07-13-2015, 11:00 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,451,457 times
Quote:
If you can't tell their is NO difference between a brother and a neighbor (what about sister, why are women not mentioned?)- even at a normal common sense level, then you have some issues
In Context and even in Engish today words have broader meaning. Thus "Brother" can mean all in Christ, men and women, just as "mankind" includes both. Lets not be too nit picky when some things are obvious.

There are enough real issues that need clarification and evidence as it is.

Old 07-13-2015, 11:04 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,451,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
It was just an observation.

You were threatening someone with whom you disagreed. The threat was God's Judgement. It's the same thing that conservative Christians do.

It's essentially a bullying tactic: "if you disagree with me, God will get you!"

That's the whole point of "God": it's a kind of Ultimate Threat.

No, I'm not an anarchist. But conservative Christians usually make the same claim about atheists.
When used as a threat it is stupid. When God's judgement is mentioned it should be to help or encourage not discourage or try to motivate with a threat. God only brought judgement on people when they were first given info and chose to reject it, or accept it and change. See Jonah and Nineveh as a prime example.

Old 07-13-2015, 11:09 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,950,316 times
Quote:
I hate to have to say that you are wrong, there IS a difference: a brother is someone who walks with you in your faith, a neighbor is someone whom you love just the same, but whom you recognize may have different views and values. The fact that the love and respect is the same seems to be where DRob4JC seems to be missing the boat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity