Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 02:42 PM

58 posts, read 58,315 times

Advertisements

that it is the beginning of the end times, what with craziness going on like constant shootings, crazy weather, things like Bruce Jenner and all this homosexuality nonsense < I call it like I see it> I feel like we are seeing some signs of the times. Plus the gospel is being preached everywhere and that was one of the signs mentioned in the Bible. I'm not sure its time for the rapture yet, and I do not know if we will see it in our life time. What does every one think? Remember no man knows the day or the hour. Please don't bash me, I have a right to my thought as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 02:44 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,568,727 times
There are still a lot of places left to reach, but I definitely agree we are getting there quickly.

Old 07-28-2015, 03:49 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,574,195 times
I am Christian and no, I do not believe that because two people who love one another and want to express a commitment and are finally being allowed to, means the end times are coming.

Old 07-28-2015, 03:51 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,529,924 times
no .. because the beginning of the end times started with Pentecost. (Acts 2)

Old 07-28-2015, 04:40 PM

97 posts, read 91,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzyzekes View Post
that it is the beginning of the end times, what with craziness going on like constant shootings, crazy weather, things like Bruce Jenner and all this homosexuality nonsense < I call it like I see it> I feel like we are seeing some signs of the times.
But almost every generation has "craziness".

You don't have to look too far back .................. Jonestown, Vietnam war, Cuban Missile crisis , Second World War, Napoleonic war, American civil war.

In comparison today's craziness seems almost tame.
As for crazy weather..........again there has always been crazy weather throughout the generations.

Old 07-28-2015, 05:06 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,281,476 times
Quote:
all this homosexuality nonsense < I call it like I see it> .
So do I. As a supporter of the LGBTQ community I find your use of the word "nonsense", when referring to the lives of your fellow human beings, highly offensive.

p.s. We have members of the LGBTQ community posting as regulars on this forum. Including a gay pastor or two. We also have gay posters who are happily married.

Welcome aboard.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 07-28-2015 at 05:15 PM..

Old 07-28-2015, 05:28 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,633,815 times
Quote:
that it is the beginning of the end times, what with craziness going on like constant shootings, crazy weather, things like Bruce Jenner and all this homosexuality nonsense < I call it like I see it> I feel like we are seeing some signs of the times. Plus the gospel is being preached everywhere and that was one of the signs mentioned in the Bible. I'm not sure its time for the rapture yet, and I do not know if we will see it in our life time. What does every one think? Remember no man knows the day or the hour. Please don't bash me, I have a right to my thought as well.

I see the end of fundamentalist ideology. It is used for not taking responsibility for what we have done to the planet. LGBTQ did not appear out of thin air.

Fundamentalist ideologues thought Elvis shaking his hips would end the world too. When we started voting, it was the end of time, too.

I think we should embrace change, and save the planet.

Old 07-28-2015, 06:20 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,645,830 times
Quote:
I see it, but I think it will be an evolutionary step not a destruction thing. Kinda like a 1 year old is long dead when it turns 10. It will be a good thing, dispite what hollywood dopes say.

Old 07-28-2015, 06:22 PM

21,087 posts, read 29,312,493 times
The end times has been a L O N G L O N G time in coming. After 2,000 + years I am sure that with each passing day we are ONE day closer..

Old 07-28-2015, 07:54 PM

8,301 posts, read 8,713,983 times
There is nothing going on now that hasn't always been going on. Things are better today for more people than ever before.

Because a famous man wants to be a woman? Because 2 people of the same sex can marry? There are many worse things that could happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity