Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 08:22 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,452,532 times

Advertisements

Does anyone else believe that it is the beginning of the end times?

Are you dying? Because it is the only end of time that you will experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 08:29 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,477,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzyzekes View Post
that it is the beginning of the end times, what with craziness going on like constant shootings, crazy weather, things like Bruce Jenner and all this homosexuality nonsense < I call it like I see it> I feel like we are seeing some signs of the times. Plus the gospel is being preached everywhere and that was one of the signs mentioned in the Bible. I'm not sure its time for the rapture yet, and I do not know if we will see it in our life time. What does every one think? Remember no man knows the day or the hour. Please don't bash me, I have a right to my thought as well.
I believe we are close to the End of the Last days. Mind you we are told two things.

1. We do not know the day or hour
2. Keep on the watch.

Thus Christians will always be watching and expecting it. That attitude is a protection against drifting into the world.

Old 07-28-2015, 09:24 PM

32,533 posts, read 22,129,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
The end times has been a L O N G L O N G time in coming. After 2,000 + years I am sure that with each passing day we are ONE day closer..
At the very least...

Old 07-29-2015, 02:54 AM

9,700 posts, read 10,067,141 times
Jesus said from Matthew 24:32 ....``Now learn this lesson from the fig tree. As soon as its twigs get tender and the leaves come out , you know that summer is near.``........See the fig leaves represents sin as Adam and Eve hid their sin with fig leaves .................And then the climate change is the drought which comes in a time of apostasy in with faithless sin ,............ and the crazy shooting .............and Middle east barbarian murders ,.......... and countries going near bankrupt ,............... and this sin of condemnation in the church of Christ of sin in the world,.... and condemnation coming right back at the church ,........... you can see the perplexity of sin growing in the world and not being resisted where iniquity and transgressions will be part of the authority of sin in the world ........ See we could be in the spring time with buds on the twigs of the fig tree with summer around the corner , as the church needs to not fear and to forgive and ask forgiveness for the world and exercise the grace of God,.... or the power of Christ cannot stall antichrist in the world

Old 07-29-2015, 03:46 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,918,299 times
Jenner is a Christian.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:06 AM

26,091 posts, read 22,282,927 times
Here are 26 End Time signs to help one think about whether the end times are near: 26 End Time Signs After reading through them, I would have to say that it would appear we are moving a lot quicker than before in that direction.

All of those "plagues" that they talk about have not reached everywhere yet. Where my brother lives in the US, he sees much more of "it" around him then I do here in Kansas which is fortunately untouched by many of those "plagues".

When I look back 20 years or 40 years..............well, I don't want to imagine what it will be like 20 years into the future. Those "plagues" can easily spread like wildfire but there are still people who are working to contain the wildfire.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:12 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,633,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Here are 26 End Time signs to help one think about whether the end times are near: 26 End Time Signs After reading through them, I would have to say that it would appear we are moving a lot quicker than before in that direction.

All of those "plagues" that they talk about have not reached everywhere yet. Where my brother lives in the US, he sees much more of "it" around him then I do here in Kansas which is fortunately untouched by many of those "plagues".

When I look back 20 years or 40 years..............well, I don't want to imagine what it will be like 20 years into the future. Those "plagues" can easily spread like wildfire but there are still people who are working to contain the wildfire.
What plagues are in the United States?

Old 07-29-2015, 07:35 AM

10,099 posts, read 5,766,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
I am Christian and no, I do not believe that because two people who love one another and want to express a commitment and are finally being allowed to, means the end times are coming.
Well it is a celebration of sin. It sounds a lot like what Jesus describes here:

"As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark."

Matthew 24:37

Lots of partying, marrying whomever you want and complement ignorant of God's judgement.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:45 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,350,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

I was listening to a TED talk last night in which once again I heard about how peaceful of a time we are living in if you are going by war and peace in the world. We have lived over half a decade of relative peae and compared to previous times there is little war going on right now. Hard to believe with what we follow in the medai but most wars were never heavily reported on in the past. I think the speaker said a person was 5 times more likely to be killed outside a war zone than in one, and in the developed world the rate of crime including murder is one a downward spiril. Those who do not believe it will be able to bring up the stats on the murder rates in major cities and the speaker addressed that too, almost all those cities are in extremely rapidly growing cities with high unemployment, a very young poplutation and a couple of other factors I do not recall. These are problems that should decrease as those cities mature.

Famines are no longer occurring in much of the world that has had them in the past and the reason that the average age has increased so drastically is there are a lot less disease in most of the world than a century ago. I think too many of those reasons are looked at in isolation of history and context, wars, famines and disease are on the decrease. Some diseases are only more common now because we have more older people. We have much better technology for detecting earthquakes and other natural disasters and much better ways of communicating their occurances but is there any indication that they are becoming more frequent other than weather related ones?

As a physical geographer with training in sedimentology and paleontology the bit about the amble evidence of a global flood should be discarded outright.

How many of the other end time signs could not also apply to other eras in the past, even the ancient Greeks complained about the poor state of their youths.

Some of the other things sound like end times are brought on by good things such as knowledge and travel. How can those be bad for us?

My question or concern is: does the belief in the end times comming affect how you deal with problems that will affect the future like clean water and air or the economic prosperity for future generations or do you not concern yourself with these problems as the earth is ending anyways? This I pose not to argue but to understand if it does affect those concerns or not?

Old 07-29-2015, 07:59 AM

18,529 posts, read 9,218,447 times
Obligatory:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kYbR7os_q9k
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity