Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 04:10 PM

88,869 posts, read 85,323,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
JWs are the Eeyores and Chicken Littles of Christianity - dour, sour and gloomy. Their sky is always falling. It rains every day. They are total buzzkills. I'm glad I don't personally know any. Seeing their morbid, robotic posts periodically is enough of a bummer.
All I see in them is "Guess what, everybody but MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and a few special other people like me win the heaven prize." Over and over and over again. There doesn't seem to be anything of any substance to them beyond "I'm special, and you aren't."

However, I did used to work with a woman who was a JW, and she wasn't like that at all. Very nice lady, and as we were in a multicultural/multi-faith environment, we shared different worldviews freely with one another without trying to change anyone else (except for the one born-again who lectured another coworker that the troll doll she had in her office was a representation of Satan, among other bizarre conversations, but she had been a drug dealer and user before her prison conversion, and the brain damage was as plain as the jagged knife scar on her face).

She told us that she knew JWs had a rep for pushing their religion, but she was just living her life and not to worry because she wasn't going to preach to anyone at the office. If there were birthday or other holiday celebrations in the office, she just withdrew and didn't participate without making a fuss about it.

Old 03-22-2019, 05:07 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,466,953 times
Personally, I think we're less than ten years away from the Rapture. It'll be here before you know it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2019, 05:27 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,371,541 times
Quote:
JWs are the Eeyores and Chicken Littles of Christianity - dour, sour and gloomy. Their sky is always falling. It rains every day. They are total buzzkills. I'm glad I don't personally know any. Seeing their morbid, robotic posts periodically is enough of a bummer.
Thankfully there are only 144,000 of them.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:24 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,452,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Thankfully there are only 144,000 of them.
How many are going to be disappointed that they didn't make the cut? LMAO

Old 03-22-2019, 09:01 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,282,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Personally, I think we're less than ten years away from the Rapture. It'll be here before you know it!
If you believe that in your heart, I hope you plan to spend the next "less than ten years" doing good for mankind, animals, and the planet.

Old 03-23-2019, 04:43 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,466,953 times
Quote:
If you believe that in your heart, I hope you plan to spend the next "less than ten years" doing good for mankind, animals, and the planet.
As a bought and paid-for slave of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, my sole objective now and for all eternity is to love and please my Master. This is the greatest of all commandments. (Mark 12:30). Secondary to this, I hope the Lord will use me to build His kingdom. The business of saving human souls is truly a higher calling than that of saving whales!

My Master is the greatest of all; when He returns, defeats the master of this world, and establishes His Millennial Kingdom, this very earth will be a place of beauty and joy. Before his happens, however, and after the time He calls up His slaves from the earth, the world will be subjected to God's wrath.

Sp forget about my "carbon footprint" or any of that foolishness, as the destiny of the earth (and the new earth after that) has already been decided.

Old 03-23-2019, 04:59 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,620,298 times
Quote:
I pray to your god you are right.

Old 03-23-2019, 08:17 AM

88,869 posts, read 85,323,488 times
Quote:
As a bought and paid-for slave of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, my sole objective now and for all eternity is to love and please my Master. This is the greatest of all commandments. (Mark 12:30). Secondary to this, I hope the Lord will use me to build His kingdom. The business of saving human souls is truly a higher calling than that of saving whales!

My Master is the greatest of all; when He returns, defeats the master of this world, and establishes His Millennial Kingdom, this very earth will be a place of beauty and joy. Before his happens, however, and after the time He calls up His slaves from the earth, the world will be subjected to God's wrath.

Sp forget about my "carbon footprint" or any of that foolishness, as the destiny of the earth (and the new earth after that) has already been decided.
I think you are going to learn differently. I hope the damage you do in the meanwhile is minimal.

Old 03-23-2019, 09:14 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,282,646 times
Quote:

What colour is the sun in your world?

Old 03-23-2019, 09:16 AM

1,382 posts, read 771,861 times
Quote:

You might be surprised when the time comes for the "gathering up", for the "first" to be "gathered up" will be the "tares" (Matthew 13:30).

Matthew 13:30 'Allow both to grow together until the harvest; and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather up the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them up; but gather the wheat into my barn."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity