Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 07:05 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,371,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
If this is true and he comes at a time NO ONE EXPECTS....wouldnt that mean, that no one recognized the times for what they really were? (debating back and forth whether or not we are currently in the end times or not).

Since there are so many people claiming we are in the end times, that Jesus is right at the door...in reality, that probably means its not even close to happening yet.(or else they would be expecting it to happen when it did happen...see what Im saying?)

My guess is...when the world does not look like 'the end is near' and/or a time period where there are not alot of people claiming it be end times...this is when it will probably happen.
This is true and false. Even those who believe we're in the last days, myself included, due to... the coral reefs dying, CO2 levels higher than in millions of years, ton of plastic dumped into the ocean every minute, look at China, can't even go outside without a mask, mass extinction of animals right now, bee collapse, insect collapse, monarchs disappearing after millions of years...I can go on and on and on. But back to true and false, everyone believes it will happen on any day except now, or the actual day it happens. It will be...I can't believe this is happening...that's how I read it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2019, 10:12 AM

1,196 posts, read 758,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzyzekes View Post
that it is the beginning of the end times, what with craziness going on like constant shootings, crazy weather, things like Bruce Jenner and all this homosexuality nonsense < I call it like I see it> I feel like we are seeing some signs of the times. Plus the gospel is being preached everywhere and that was one of the signs mentioned in the Bible. I'm not sure its time for the rapture yet, and I do not know if we will see it in our life time. What does every one think? Remember no man knows the day or the hour. Please don't bash me, I have a right to my thought as well.
yes you do have the right to say what you believe, and we are living in the "Last days". we can see this by the acts of humankind, and what Jesus said would happen. people even in a country supposedly as rich as America are starving. I remember decades ago in movies, you would not see children being murdered, but not today! men rape babies today as though they can't seem to find any woman who's willing to give it up. the love of MANY has grown cold, and more has become selfish. MANY say they want to truth, but really don't. they would much rather be lovers of MONEY, than of Jehovah's words. some say I'm a "Christian", yet live as the rest of the world does.

but Jehovah's words shows this was going to happen ...in the "last days",(2Tim. 3:1-7 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good. traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God. having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts. always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth).

Jesus told his Apostles that in the End, things will happen that has not been seen ,(Matt. 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be). Those teaching the truth will be thrown into prison, hated and killed ,(Matt. 24). in Noah's day, all died but “8 Souls.” MANY were good people, but they refuse to listen to Noah when it came to Jehovah God's words. Jesus said just like in his time Many will NOT listen. They will just continue living as they please. Sadly they will be destroyed ,(Luke 17:26,27,30 And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man. They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed).

this world won't be here much longer, because it's totally out of control. and though MANY would say, "we've heard this years ago, nothing going to happen." this is why Jesus warns his followers to keep on the look out ,(Mark 13:35 Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming in the evening, at midnight, at the crowing of the rooster, or in the morning). he didn't mean keep staring at the sky or to NOT go physically asleep. he meant make sure we're daily trying hard to follow in his steps ,(Luke 9:23). NOT being part of satan's world ,(John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world). peace

Old 03-18-2019, 11:56 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,452,532 times
Life is short enough without being overly concerned with what happens tomorrow.

Old 03-18-2019, 01:02 PM

10,095 posts, read 5,018,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Life is short enough without being overly concerned with what happens tomorrow.
I find there is a difference between being 'overly concerned' and being 'informed'.
After all, Jesus wants us to be alert ( apparently the world needs more lerts ! )
Be alert by keeping on the watch as per Mark 13:33-37

We do Not have to be concerned that Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8 is Not being proclaimed because it is.
The good news of God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44 is proclaimed now on a grand international scale as never before.
Thus, this means we are nearing the time of 1st Thess. 5:2-3 when the ' powers that be ' will be saying, "Peace and Security..." which that is the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14,9 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, ushers in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
We do Not have to be concerned about ' life is short ' right now, because the answer is found at Isaiah 26:20.
The great crowd of people surviving the coming ' great tribulation ' can stay alive, and remain alive on Earth right into the start of calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,0000-year governmental reign over Earth.
During Jesus' reign over Earth even ' enemy death ' will be No more on Earth as per 1st Cor. 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8.
So, the ' life is short enough ' now will be a thing of the past because ' life will be long enough ' as in meaning 'everlasting life on Earth' as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.

Old 03-18-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
My guess is...when the world does not look like 'the end is near' and/or a time period where there are not a lot of people claiming it be end times...this is when it will probably happen.
When you mention ' does Not look like' the end is near 'sounds to me like a 'rosy' world picture is being painted for us.
This is in harmony with 1st Thess. 5:2-3 because when 'they' (Powers that be) will be saying, "Peace and Security..." that is the ' final signal ', so to speak, before the outbreak of the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14,9.

Old 03-18-2019, 01:12 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,452,532 times
The religious mindset isn't connected to reality.

Old 03-18-2019, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
I can do that, too:
1 Thessalonians 5
"Now about the times and seasons, brothers, we do not need to write to you. 2For you are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night."
2 Peter 3:10
"But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar, the elements will be dissolved in the fire, and the earth and its works will not be found. "
Matthew 24:42-44
"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day on which your Lord will come. 43But understand this: If the owner of the house had known in which watch of the night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44For this reason, you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour you do not expect."
And, again, just in case they didn't understand him the first time, Jesus said:
Matthew 25:13
"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour."
True, we do Not know the day or hour, but we do know the season is ripe according to Matthew 24:32-33.
Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8 is now at its ' final phase ' of proclaiming about the good news of Daniel 2:44.
'final phase' because now people living in remote areas can have Scripture in their own mother tongue or native languages.
This means we are approaching the ' final signal ', so to speak, of 1st Thess. 5:2-3 when 'the powers that be' will be saying, " Peace and Security..." as the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14,9.

2nd Peter 3:10 is in reference to the 'governmental heavens' ruling above us.
Just like the heavens of OLD in Noah's day - 2nd Peter 3:5
Those OLD heavens were replaced with the NOW heavens since Noah's day - 2nd Peter 3:7
While we await the NEW heavens ( governed by Jesus ) when righteousness will dwell on Earth - 2nd Peter 3:13.
This is why we are all invited to pray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come !
Come and bring the blessing benefits of Rev. 22:2 to come on Earth bringing ' healing ' to earth's nations.
Healing as described in the 35th chapter of Isaiah.

Old 03-18-2019, 02:24 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,371,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The religious mindset isn't connected to reality.
You may be correct but who is to say,here and now what that reality is.

They did an experiment on 2 groups of people. Both groups got the answers right but one group was told they were getting the wrong answers. One group got rewarded the other getting more frustrated for being punished for answering right but getting punished anyway so they started to attribute the results on the supernatural or the unexplained.
Probably our minds way of making sense out of confusion.

Old 03-18-2019, 02:52 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,282,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I find there is a difference between being 'overly concerned' and being 'informed'. ...snip...
Anyone who wants to be informed should not rely on a collection of ancient pamphlets written by anonymous, primitive men.

Old 03-18-2019, 05:00 PM

1,382 posts, read 771,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I find there is a difference between being 'overly concerned' and being 'informed'.
After all, Jesus wants us to be alert ( apparently the world needs more lerts ! )
Be alert by keeping on the watch as per Mark 13:33-37

We do Not have to be concerned that Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8 is Not being proclaimed because it is.
The good news of God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44 is proclaimed now on a grand international scale as never before.
Thus, this means we are nearing the time of 1st Thess. 5:2-3 when the ' powers that be ' will be saying, "Peace and Security..." which that is the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14,9 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, ushers in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
We do Not have to be concerned about ' life is short ' right now, because the answer is found at Isaiah 26:20.
The great crowd of people surviving the coming ' great tribulation ' can stay alive, and remain alive on Earth right into the start of calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,0000-year governmental reign over Earth.
During Jesus' reign over Earth even ' enemy death ' will be No more on Earth as per 1st Cor. 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8.
So, the ' life is short enough ' now will be a thing of the past because ' life will be long enough ' as in meaning 'everlasting life on Earth' as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.

As per Isaiah 25:8, that is with regard to "all peoples on this mountain", which would be Mount Zion. As for Moab, "Moab will be trodden down in his place" (Isaiah 25:10).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity