Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 08:22 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,557,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
My question or concern is: does the belief in the end times coming affect how you deal with problems that will affect the future like clean water and air or the economic prosperity for future generations or do you not concern yourself with these problems as the earth is ending anyways? This I pose not to argue but to understand if it does affect those concerns or not?

Sadly, I think many feel like "why bother"?

We are clearly instructed to be good stewards of this Earth and everything given to us.

Even if we are going to die tomorrow, we should still do what is right and just and pleasing to the Lord. And that includes taking care of what he has entrusted us with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 08:22 AM

2,625 posts, read 3,414,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Jenner is a Christian.
Not only is Jenner a Christian but he/she is a conservative Republican. Odd, isn't it?

Old 07-29-2015, 08:39 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,637,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post

Lots of partying, marrying whomever you want and complement ignorant of God's judgement.
Sounds like fun to me!

YOLO

Old 07-29-2015, 09:16 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,560,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Well it is a celebration of sin. It sounds a lot like what Jesus describes here:

"As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark."

Matthew 24:37

Lots of partying, marrying whomever you want and complement ignorant of God's judgement.
It's a celebration of LOVE, genuine LOVE, in those two people's hearts!! If you are married, you chose your wife because you were attracted to women and found her in particular to be beautiful and worthy. Well, gays do the same, so I refuse to call it intentional sinning!

Old 07-29-2015, 09:25 AM

18,499 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
It's a celebration of LOVE, genuine LOVE, in those two people's hearts!! If you are married, you chose your wife because you were attracted to women and found her in particular to be beautiful and worthy. Well, gays do the same, so I refuse to call it intentional sinning!
But they are making an invisible man in the sky angry! Surely the invisible man will punish us somehow. He might even end the world!

Old 07-29-2015, 09:45 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,557,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post
Not only is Jenner a Christian but he/she is a conservative Republican. Odd, isn't it?

I can call myself a purple unicorn. It doesn't make me either.

Old 07-29-2015, 10:06 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
I can call myself a purple unicorn. It doesn't make me either.

But other people calling themselves purple unicorn are not defining for you the definition of a true purple unicorn. Purple by the way does not exist in mammals except in the hair colouring of some people who have hair that can change colour at the drop of a tint.

Old 07-29-2015, 02:26 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:

My question or concern is: does the belief in the end times comming affect how you deal with problems that will affect the future like clean water and air or the economic prosperity for future generations or do you not concern yourself with these problems as the earth is ending anyways? This I pose not to argue but to understand if it does affect those concerns or not?
No, as until the End comes we still have to live in this world. Caring for it to the best of our ability is simply an exercise in common sense.

However our focus should still be on helping people come to know God and His son as even Jesus pointed out we will always have the poor with us, while he also carried a box of money to help the poor. And the book of Revelation (Rev 1:18) speaks of the End coming when man is ruining or destroying the earth, which we see today and was neither possible nor conceivable in John's day. So it is; live a clean life morally and spiritually each day, but plan for the future for yourself and others, doing as much as is reasonably possible to help. If someone just sits around waiting for the End and doing nothing more, they are gonna go down with it, as that is contrary to Jesus' words and actions on the subject.

Old 07-29-2015, 02:27 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,680,255 times
No, I respect those of you who do but I am not among them. Terrible things have happened through history, no evidence of the end times.

I believe time and us will keep marching on.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:47 PM

97 posts, read 91,440 times
Quote:
I was listening to a TED talk last night in which once again I heard about how peaceful of a time we are living in if you are going by war and peace in the world. We have lived over half a decade of relative peae and compared to previous times there is little war going on right now.
Yep totally agree.

I am not sure how old the OP is but I assumes he/she is relatively young by the tone of their original post.
The OP thinks that the craziness displayed in today's news is perhaps a "sign" of the "End of Days".

When I was growing up it was a much crazier world than we live in right now, there were government sponsored information adverts advising people what to do in the event of a nuclear attack, and as if that wasn't frightening enough we also had information adverts warning of a new deadly plague virus taking hold in the West ......AIDs.

I somehow doubt if the OP lived in say London during the Nazi blitz........ or experienced the horrors of the Nazi extermination camps would even think today was anywhere near as crazy.

Open any history book and you would discover many more time frames which were by far much more crazier than today.

As for "End Days"..........all I can say is all previous "End Days" predictions have failed miserably.

Last edited by Klambo; 07-29-2015 at 06:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity