Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 12:37 AM

1,608 posts, read 1,488,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Jesus wrote NOTHING during his lifetime. All there is to go on concerning Jesus' teachings are the words put into his mouth by the writings of anonymous others decades after Jesus was dead.
Ah, but He did; He wrote in the sand. I'm sure that He wrote on many other occasions as well, since he was literate and read from the Hebrew text in synagogues, but we are told explicitly that He wrote in the sand. As I understand it, He drew a pictograph there, but you can ask Him what He wrote when you meet Him, if you're still curious.

The Hebrew language is written sans vowels, so the reader must insert the correct vowels as he goes along. Too, every letter of the Hebrew alphabet has a corresponding picture and number. It's a fascinating language to study.

It might interest you to know that Jesus often repeats what is written in Scripture in answer to the prayers of believers. I know He uses that tactic with me, but then He is The Word.

Shalom,

Mahrie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2015, 04:19 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,276,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
I am speaking of a meditation that some say they have felt God's presence when doing so. Jesus spoke of meditating on the word of God.
Did Jesus not feel the presence of God? Do you not feel the presence of God when you pray? And what is prayer BUT meditation..

Old 08-02-2015, 05:22 AM

1,608 posts, read 1,488,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Did Jesus not feel the presence of God? Do you not feel the presence of God when you pray? And what is prayer BUT meditation..
Well, there's verbal prayer, communal prayer, and then there's basking in the silent connection that we call The Presence of GOD. This kind of 'connection' transports us to the Alpha-Theta border, where our brainwaves operate between 7 - 8Hz, the optimal frequency for deep meditation and creative visualization.

I've always thought that 'meditating on the Word' meant cogitating, mulling it over, and considering different aspects of one or more Scriptures. One's brain function is different when we are actively probing the depths of any subject, however silently, and we call this state of consciousness the Beta state, where our brain's electrical system operates between 14 - 40Hz.

It *is* still possible to 'Practice the Presence of GOD' while in a Beta state. Famously, Brother Lawrence managed it, but I confess that I haven't quite yet. I always feel that GOD is with me, but I'm often too agitated to quiet my mind enough to achieve what Brother Lawrence did routinely throughout the seventeenth century.

Practice of the Presence of God: The Best Rule of Holy Life - Christian Classics Ethereal Library

(I have a CNS disorder which makes it difficult for me to quiet my mind sometimes, although I *always* feel Yeshua in my heart. Interestingly, when I'm singing I often get lost in the music and have to 'wake up' to regain my Beta state on stage sometimes. I'm... gone - probably on the Alpha-Theta border when that happens.)

As far as I'm aware, the only time that Yeshua was separated from Yahweh was when Yeshua was on the cross and quite literally taking on the sins of the entire human race, and then dying to erase them. That is when Yeshua said, "Father, Father, why have You forsaken Me?"

Shalom Aleichem,

Mahrie.

Old 08-02-2015, 05:30 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,358,215 times
Quote:
I am speaking of a meditation that some say they have felt God's presence when doing so. Jesus spoke of meditating on the word of God.
That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

A question for you fundies........ where did you go to seek after him ?

Old 08-02-2015, 11:22 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,356,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrie View Post
Ah, but He did; He wrote in the sand. I'm sure that He wrote on many other occasions as well, since he was literate and read from the Hebrew text in synagogues, but we are told explicitly that He wrote in the sand. As I understand it, He drew a pictograph there, but you can ask Him what He wrote when you meet Him, if you're still curious.

The Hebrew language is written sans vowels, so the reader must insert the correct vowels as he goes along. Too, every letter of the Hebrew alphabet has a corresponding picture and number. It's a fascinating language to study.

It might interest you to know that Jesus often repeats what is written in Scripture in answer to the prayers of believers. I know He uses that tactic with me, but then He is The Word.

Shalom,

Mahrie.
And that is just what people are quoting when they assert "Jesus said..." Passages written in the sand. Because Jesus left nothing behind written in his own hand to refer to or quote from.

Old 08-02-2015, 11:38 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,358,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
And that is just what people are quoting when they assert "Jesus said..." Passages written in the sand. Because Jesus left nothing behind written in his own hand to refer to or quote from.
You are right, he leaves nothing other than what he's impressed upon us.

There is no scriptural evidence that God left us with a bible to figure out or follow.

Old 08-02-2015, 12:46 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,791,734 times
Quote:
You do not know the presence of God. No one knows but the son.

Prayer is what God hears.

" The Lord hears the prayer of the righteous but He is far from the wicked."

"The just mans mouth speaks wisdom and his tongue does what is right,
the law of his God is in his heart, he does not stumble."

Jesus never said He felt the Father's presence.

I tell you what I have heard in my Father's presence but you fail to accept me. Whoever accepts me accepts the one who sent me.

Old 08-02-2015, 12:54 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,276,460 times
Quote:
You do not know the presence of God. No one knows but the son.

Prayer is what God hears.

" The Lord hears the prayer of the righteous but He is far from the wicked."

"The just mans mouth speaks wisdom and his tongue does what is right,
the law of his God is in his heart, he does not stumble."
If you have seen me you have seen the father..sound the least bit familiar?

Just because you have ZERO connection and have never known the presence of God, never presume to judge me..then again, that is probably why there is no relationship between some fundies and God.

Old 08-02-2015, 02:47 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,791,734 times
Quote:
If you have seen me you have seen the father..sound the least bit familiar?

Just because you have ZERO connection and have never known the presence of God, never presume to judge me..then again, that is probably why there is no relationship between some fundies and God.
Oh, I guess you never have seen my post that says just that.

Whoever has seen me has seen the Father.

I have told you what I have heard in the Father's presence. Repent and come to me so you will live.

All those who do good shall rise to live.

Old 08-02-2015, 04:08 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,416,756 times
Quote:
All those who do good shall rise to live.
I guess that resolves the issue of faith within the doctrines of men.
Especially, when you know to do that which is good - and don't?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity