Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2015, 05:03 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,068,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Elijah wrote a letter to the king, 10 years after the chariot event occurred( 2Chron 21:12-15). He did not go to the dwelling place of God( Heaven) he went into our atmosphere to another part of the earth( retired) Elisha took over at that point. Not one mortal ever entered the dwelling place of God prior to Jesus from earth.
Yup, else Jesus lied...In the Hebrew it does say that he was taken to the heavens...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 05:54 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,924,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Yup, else Jesus lied...In the Hebrew it does say that he was taken to the heavens...

Fact the word heaven is used in 3 different senses in the bible--our atmosphere--outerspace--and the dwelling place of God. Elijah couldn't write that letter if he went to the dwelling place of God. Jesus was the first ever to enter the dwelling place of God from earth.

Old 09-08-2015, 06:46 PM

63,891 posts, read 40,172,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Mike does not know that what he thinks is his physical body already does not really exist separate from his consciousness (Spirit). It is perceived by our sensory systems and interpreted by his and our consciousness. This may go over his (and possibly your) head because we are so conditioned to reality being what our sensory system experiences, but it is our consciousness that interprets it. We are really our consciousness (Spirit), not a physical body. That is only the perceived manifestation that contains us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The soul in which our consciousness, conscience, mentality, volition, and emotions reside is the real person which resides in the body. The physical body is very real and is the house or tent which houses the soul. At death the soul and spirit separates from the body and in the case of the believer goes into the presence of the Lord. The body goes into the grave or is otherwise disposed of.
Don't presume to tell others what someone else does or doesn't know.
The "real person" is produced by the body and brain but it does NOT reside there any more than the TV program resides in the TV that plays it. It resides in the unified field (God's consciousness).

Old 09-08-2015, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Fact the word heaven is used in 3 different senses in the bible--our atmosphere--outerspace--and the dwelling place of God. Elijah couldn't write that letter if he went to the dwelling place of God. Jesus was the first ever to enter the dwelling place of God from earth.
I am talking about Shamayim which means Sky...

Old 09-08-2015, 10:33 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,789,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
John 3:13 (NKJV)
13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.

Acts 2:34-35 (NKJV)

34 “For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he says himself:
‘The Lord said to my Lord,
“Sit at My right hand,
35 Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.

Jesus also said no one has ever ascend to heaven but him, so why do we think the moment we die, we go directly to heaven or hell?
The son of man is the servant of God. Heaven is the kingdom of God, the son of man dwells there.

No one can enter the kingdom of heaven unless they are son of man and born from above.

Unless you come to believe I am he you will not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

The spirit of the Lord is upon me because He has anointed me.

It is written in the prophets;

"Here is my servant whom I uphold my chosen one with whom I am pleased upon whom I have put my spirit, he will deliver justice to the nations."

Old 09-09-2015, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
The son of man is the servant of God. Heaven is the kingdom of God, the son of man dwells there.

No one can enter the kingdom of heaven unless they are son of man and born from above.

Unless you come to believe I am he you will not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

The spirit of the Lord is upon me because He has anointed me.

It is written in the prophets;

"Here is my servant whom I uphold my chosen one with whom I am pleased upon whom I have put my spirit, he will deliver justice to the nations."

1.Behold My servant, I will support him, My chosen one, whom My soul desires; I have placed My spirit upon him, he shall promulgate justice to the nations.

Rashi's Commentary:

Behold My servant, I will support him: Behold My servant Jacob is not like you, for I will support him.

My chosen one: Israel is called ‘My chosen one’ ([mss.:] His chosen one) (Ps. 135:4) “For the Eternal chose Jacob for Himself.†Scripture states also (infra 45:4): “For the sake of My servant Jacob and Israel My chosen one.â€

whom My soul desires; I have placed My spirit upon him: to let his prophets know My secret, and his end will be that ‘he shall promulgate justice to the nations,’ as it is stated (supra 2:3): “And let Him teach us of His ways etc.â€

Old 09-10-2015, 12:57 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,544,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Parr View Post
Interesting. Christ ascended to the right hand of God. Do you think we all will ascend to the right hand of God? The Bible doesn't say we are going to Heaven.
REV 3:21 "To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with Me in My throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in His throne."

Old 09-10-2015, 01:00 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,544,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
In other words, you lied?....
Don't know what you are talking about but if you think I lied then show me my fault and then I will be a better man for being corrected.

Old 09-10-2015, 04:42 PM

33,311 posts, read 26,512,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The "real person" is produced by the body and brain but it does NOT reside there any more than the TV program resides in the TV that plays it. It resides in the unified field (God's consciousness).
The real person is the immaterial soul which is not produced by the body, but is directly created by God and imparted to the body and resides within the body until it separates from the body at physical death.

Old 09-10-2015, 05:09 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,924,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
REV 3:21 "To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with Me in My throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in His throne."
Jesus was speaking to the little flock( Luke 12:32) here.( Rev 3:21) They are the anointed, the bride of Christ--they are literally numbered=144,000 are bought from the earth-Rev 14:3)
There isn't a single passage saying the great multitude are going to heaven in the bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity