Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2018, 12:46 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,416,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I was not commenting on Jesus but the difference between your post and the ones you said are similar to yours. What I think a Jesus, if there was one, would say is of no importance to either my post or this thread. That you cannot tell the difference between v Jesus told me something different than he told you from Jesus has no use for people like you and you can't be a Christian he said is unbelievable.
I assume you’re not expecting him to own up to that.

Old 09-21-2018, 01:40 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,337,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You have completely ignored the point of what I was posting and instead are looking for a reason to attack me instead. I'm sorry for you. I really am. I've repeatedly said that I was not trying to attack anyone, and I THINK I'm on good terms with the poster in question. She realizes I wasn't trying to say what you think I said (I think), but was only making a point. But you are continuing on with your silly games.

I'm sorry that you are unable to comprehend rhetoric. I really am.
I NE er attacked you. All I was doing was attempting to show you a difference between two types of posts. If you think that was an attack than I could apologize however I cannot see how you could possible see that as an attack especially as an attack upon yourself.

The silly game is you made a post in which many read one way, apparently the wrong way and then you insulted the reading ability of posters and the fairness of moderators. If I post anything in which more than one reader reads it in a manner other than intended I assume that my wording was not as clear as it could of been.

Old 09-21-2018, 03:06 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,854,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Groups hugs all around!!!!

Especially gays and lesbians. Come on in! Leave your bible at home though.

Gosh, I'm not even sure where mine is lol. I use online study tools. It's easier to cross reference stuff online, rather than have half a dozen concordances, and multiple translations and what not.

(((HUGS)))

Old 09-21-2018, 03:24 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,854,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You have completely ignored the point of what I was posting and instead are looking for a reason to attack me instead. I'm sorry for you. I really am. I've repeatedly said that I was not trying to attack anyone, and I THINK I'm on good terms with the poster in question. She realizes I wasn't trying to say what you think I said (I think), but was only making a point. But you are continuing on with your silly games.

I'm sorry that you are unable to comprehend rhetoric. I really am.

I'm not going to lie, that stung hard. But you have to understand that that's what I've been told most of my life, that God doesn't know me or ever love me. I've been learning how important it is to be careful with our words. One of my favorite passages is James 3:2-10. It's easy to forget. But we have to be ever mindful about what we say and how we say it. Everything we say should be said in a spirit of love. We can be harsh with one another, I think that's ok (if not...hoo boy am I in trouble when I get home). But above all we have to have love as our motivation.

All that said, it's healthier for me spiritually to just let hurtful things go.

Yeah, we're ok. <3

Old 09-21-2018, 03:25 PM

1,146 posts, read 650,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
If you want to set off most conservative Christians get on the topic of homosexuality or gay rights. The anger most of them have regarding this issue is unfathomable. Get on the topic and most conservative Christians will take on an anger and a zeal that you don't see when talking about any other issue except maybe abortion. Whenever LGBT-advocates have a political or cultural victory, Facebook fills up with right-wingers venting their anger and hatred towards these individuals. The same people come to the defense of people like Josh Duggar. Why is this? It seems to be getting a lot worse as many of the beliefs once confined to extremist groups like Westboro are now gaining traction among mainstream evangelicals.

Why is it that a man can cheat on his wife and molest his sister, and have Mike Huckabee call for forgiveness but as soon as somebody comes out as gay, you have Huckabee and his ilk calling on God to wipe America off the face of the planet for simply allowing them to exist?

You ask most people this question and they will say its because the Bible says homosexuality is an abomination. Want to know what also is an abomination? A lying tongue, (see Proverbs 12:22), yet religious right politicians have no qualms with spinning the truth when it suits their agenda. Most people who cry and scream about homosexuality probably aren't even aware of what else the Bible calls an abomination.
I submit that homosexuals are far more militant than the Christians they accuse.

Case in point is that they employ the attitude of TOLERANCE as a rallying point.

Everyone should TOLERATE their sexual aberrations, they say. On the other hand, homosexuals refuse to TOLERATE the wish of righteous people to live according to God's Law. They are "in your face" about it - demanding those who love God's Law to yield to the gay perverted sense of licentiousness.

They are of all folk the most hypocritical - in that they demand TOLERANCE for themselves, but deny it to others.

These are the Last Days, the End Times in which the people of the earth are being prepared for Final Judgment.

The books are open for only a little while longer. Let those who seek God do it now and make peace with Him because there is little time left for many of us.

Let the righteous be righteous still and let the wicked be wicked still (Rev 22:11)

The time to repent is now. The gay lifestyle isn't the only sin in the book and many others need to be considered as well. It is time to lose them all. It is time to make peace with God in the name of Jesus Christ.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 09-21-2018, 03:28 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,056,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I'm not going to lie, that stung hard. But you have to understand that that's what I've been told most of my life, that God doesn't know me or ever love me. I've been learning how important it is to be careful with our words. One of my favorite passages is James 3:2-10. It's easy to forget. But we have to be ever mindful about what we say and how we say it. Everything we say should be said in a spirit of love. We can be harsh with one another, I think that's ok (if not...hoo boy am I in trouble when I get home). But above all we have to have love as our motivation.

All that said, it's healthier for me spiritually to just let hurtful things go.

Yeah, we're ok. ,3
Honestly...it was less about you than the statement you made. It really was. I don't know you, I know very little about you. I can't judge if you know Jesus or not. But I am leery of anyone that claims God talks to them and gives a different message than the one he already said.

Old 09-21-2018, 03:33 PM

23,206 posts, read 10,505,007 times
Why don't you go stand in a Baptist church and ask how many people hear God's voice?

I bet it would be 100 percent.

Old 09-21-2018, 03:33 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,232,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
I submit that homosexuals are far more militant than the Christians they accuse.

Case in point is that they employ the attitude of TOLERANCE as a rallying point.

Everyone should TOLERATE their sexual aberrations, they say. On the other hand, homosexuals refuse to TOLERATE the wish of righteous people to live according to God's Law. They are "in your face" about it - demanding those who love God's Law to yield to the gay perverted sense of licentiousness.

They are of all folk the most hypocritical - in that they demand TOLERANCE for themselves, but deny it to others.

These are the Last Days, the End Times in which the people of the earth are being prepared for Final Judgment.

The books are open for only a little while longer. Let those who seek God do it now and make peace with Him because there is little time left for many of us.

Let the righteous be righteous still and let the wicked be wicked still (Rev 22:11)

The time to repent is now. The gay lifestyle isn't the only sin in the book and many others need to be considered as well. It is time to lose them all. It is time to make peace with God in the name of Jesus Christ.

Old 09-21-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post

You read Revelation as some end of days deal when the first sentence and last thing said is the fact that everything in Revelation must shortly come to pass.

There you are taking a scripture written about yourself and you think it's about others.

YOU ARE THE WICKED AND THE RIGHTEOUS, DON'T YOU GET THAT?

Messiah will come and stand on your head and you will cleave in two like a mountain cut in half as your waters will be divided standing on end when the goat and the sheep are separated, divided in the great day of division as a servant who has been cut in half as a sacrifice and God will be walking between those two halves exposing all that is within them.

Old 09-21-2018, 03:51 PM

Hagar and Sarah
21Tell me, you who want to be under the Law, do you not understand what the Law says? 22For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the slave woman and the other by the free woman. 23His son by the slave woman was born according to the flesh, but his son by the free woman was born because of the promise.

24These things serve as illustrations, for the women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children into slavery: This is Hagar. 25Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present-day Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children.

26But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother. 27For it is written:

Rejoice, O barren woman,
who bears no children;
break forth and cry aloud,
you who have never travailed;
because more are the children of the desolate woman,
than of her who has a husband.”

28Now you, brothers, like Isaac, are children of the promise. 29At that time, however, the son born by the flesh persecuted the son born by the Spirit. It is the same now. 30But what does the Scripture say? “Expel the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman’s son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman’s son.” 31Therefore, brothers, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman.

You have TWO MOTHERS, YOU ARE TWO SONS.

There is a law for the son of the flesh and every single one is guilty, your flesh IS THE WICKED.

But there is another law for the righteous son within you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.