Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2019, 10:51 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
You are a liar, a proven liar, a liar so successful you have fallen prey to your own lies.
And you are lucky the mods are ok with your personal attacks. I was not even talking to you, and you rush out of the bushes and start throwing stones. So typical of you and other pushers of the gay agenda.

These kinds of posts show your true spirit, no matter how you boast about your 'holiness'.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-11-2019 at 11:05 AM..

Old 06-11-2019, 10:56 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,614,993 times
Trolling for personal attacks.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:09 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,613,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
And you are lucky the mods are ok with your personal attacks. I was not even talking to you, and you rush out of the bushes and start throwing stones. So typical of you and other pushers of the gay agenda.

These kinds of posts show your true spirit, no matter how you boast about your 'holiness'.
Is it an "attack" if it is true?

Old 06-11-2019, 11:22 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,245,738 times
Finny's ticked that everybody has sussed out his falseness.

Except for his fellow foolish fundies, of course.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:36 AM

88,733 posts, read 85,100,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Is it an "attack" if it is true?
Going to take a moment to play mod here.

Answer to your question? Yes, it can be. Remember the Mod Mantra: We are not here to moderate the truth. We are here to moderate the TOS.

Long before I got here it was established that calling people liars wasn't going to be treated as a personal attack because so many people on R&S call other people liars. Frankly, it's childish, but if we deleted posts/infracted everyone on this thread who called another a liar, there'd be no one left. By nature of the topic, it gets hot in here.

But if it keeps repeating, that could change. Try to have conversations without the name-calling, and/or just stop responding to people who call you names.

Of course, if the name-calling goes beyond the childish, it should be reported.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:01 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,613,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Going to take a moment to play mod here.

Answer to your question? Yes, it can be. Remember the Mod Mantra: We are not here to moderate the truth. We are here to moderate the TOS.

Long before I got here it was established that calling people liars wasn't going to be treated as a personal attack because so many people on R&S call other people liars. Frankly, it's childish, but if we deleted posts/infracted everyone on this thread who called another a liar, there'd be no one left. By nature of the topic, it gets hot in here.

But if it keeps repeating, that could change. Try to have conversations without the name-calling, and/or just stop responding to people who call you names.

Of course, if the name-calling goes beyond the childish, it should be reported.
Understood! Just a sort of curiosity question for me. Like calling someone a bigot. Is is an "attack" if they are indeed a bigot? You know, that sort of thing. I think I understand what you mean though, and I will certainly do my best to play by the rules, MQ!

Old 06-11-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Understood! Just a sort of curiosity question for me. Like calling someone a bigot. Is is an "attack" if they are indeed a bigot? You know, that sort of thing. I think I understand what you mean though, and I will certainly do my best to play by the rules, MQ!
Modding is an art more than a science. We've had some flat-out loonies who have posted/do post on this forum, and pointing out that they are crazy as rat-dogs might be the gospel truth, but there's a specific rule in the TOS about questioning someone's mental health, so that would get deleted and if kept up, invite an infraction.

Then there is sensitivity. There are posters who hammer the Report button at the smallest perceived slight, and there are others who get called names all the time who never report. We have to look at it in the context and see what's been done before and check out the poster's history, and what might fly in one forum doesn't necessarily fly in another.

Anyway, as has been stated before, the nature of this topic means that tempers flare in here from time to time, but if we close this thread, ten more on homosexuality as it relates to Christianity will pop up. It's best to keep it contained in one.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:32 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,358,215 times
Finn Jarber,

You have taken one instance in the ministry of Jesus completely out of context to make out the truth is offensive. Jesus never said anything offensive in the instance you are referring too, if the hearer had understood what he was saying rather than thinking like a literal minded fundamentalist like yourself does, rather than thinking he was literally saying eat his flesh and drink his blood, there would have been none offended. You for certain would have been offended by that statement of Jesus on the basis that you apparently only believe something what you see in the bible, and there is nothing in OT scriptures about eating flesh and drinking blood, so without a doubt you would have rejected his statement and been offended by it.

What we do know from the gospels is, fundamentalists like yourself were offended by every wonderful act that Jesus commited. Offended when he healed, offended when he freely forgave, offended when he exposed their hypocrisy, offended for doing things on the sabbath, offended for dining with sinners, offended for showing mercy, offended for calling God is Father, offended when he called them white washed tombs and children of hell. You like all fundamentalists because of your love affair with the letter that kills, hate the thought that God has been and always will be for those you believe he's against. You are still very much under the law, your use of the scriptures clearly shows that you are. You are all easily offended by such things because your idea of God is one of everything Jesus never was and IS.

You no longer can hide behind the letter that kills(the scriptures will always be that to you until you repent from Giving them God like status), you have been outed from behind veil of death you hide behind.

Old 06-11-2019, 01:13 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,252,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You make some good points here. These volatile relationships between posters and viewpoints go way back before you were in the conversation (the thread is three years old), but the discourse becomes rather pointless because they keep going in circles and become about individuals rather than the issue. It's also sometimes about posting styles and wordplay, but I think that sort of thing is found all across City-Data.

But, good has come from the thread. We had a transgender poster here for quite a while (Her story can be found in the non-Debate thread). She is a Christian who has had difficulty with her own church as well as her family. I am in touch with her outside of the forum.

While she was the target of some true nastiness in this thread because of her openness, she is also very forgiving. Interestingly, the one poster she holds in highest regard for reaching out to her with compassion and kindness beyond anything else she experienced on City-Data is not a Christian at all.
I totally get your viewpoint, not only as a person but as a mod.
I DO want to clarify whether or not anybody had the idea that I was in some way "defending" Finn because it's also fairly obvious that he enjoys the opportunity to use his "skills" in avoidance and deflection, unlike Jeff, who does at least come right out with it.
It would be nice to see the conversation steer away from Finn or not get lost in it but, since I don't pray, that may not happen

Old 06-11-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I totally get your viewpoint, not only as a person but as a mod.
I DO want to clarify whether or not anybody had the idea that I was in some way "defending" Finn because it's also fairly obvious that he enjoys the opportunity to use his "skills" in avoidance and deflection, unlike Jeff, who does at least come right out with it.
It would be nice to see the conversation steer away from Finn or not get lost in it but, since I don't pray, that may not happen
Yes, I would prefer that it steer away from individuals and stay on the topic, too, and have said that several times in the past in mod mode. Alas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity