Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2019, 08:03 PM

6,804 posts, read 2,932,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
These gays physically assaulted a Christian person only because they were openly Christian. Many posters here will say "they deserved it", but did they really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8zi...em-uploademail
Ugly behavior is ugly behavior and it has nothing to do with whether one is gay or straight. What you have a habit of doing, Finn, is to equate unruly behavior to fit your particular agenda that gay people are bad people. You see, being gay alone doesn't quite cut it so you have to go the extra mile and make them out to be deviants. As far as I could see from the video it was one young man who threw a drink on someone that caused the victim to, quite naturally, retaliate. It was NO more than that and the rest of the (gay?) party had nothing to do with it.

Did the Christians "deserve" to be assaulted? No, of course not. Their spouting nonsense about some juvenile, fictitious hell should simply be ignored. Or, alternatively, should any of the gay community be well versed enough in their Bible, they could authoritatively sit down with these Christians and calmly educate them. Of course, the Christians wouldn't listen because they've been brainwashed with this religious stuff, but the attempt would have at least been made. Other than that, don't engage with them at all and let them rant into thin air. They'll get bored after a while if their audience behaves as though they aren't there.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:38 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
LOL, you really do try to twist and deflect from the subject at hand. But only one sentence in there is relevant to the conversation:
No clue what this means.

Quote:
Yeah, it kinda does when it comes to this subject. If you maintain that the condemnations made in Leviticus are just dandy and in fact from GOD, then you are by extension making the condemnation.
No, it certainly does not. People can believe whatever they want, and it does not condemn anyone. Why should people have to lie about their beliefs in order to avoid being accused by the gays and the pushers of gay agenda?

Quote:
Now, of course I could be wrong,
Yes, you are. You are a false witness.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-10-2019 at 10:00 PM..

Old 06-10-2019, 09:55 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,242,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Care to explain this accusation?

No, it certainly does not. People can believe whatever they want, and it does not condemn anyone. Why should people have to lie about their beliefs in order to avoid being accused by the gays and the pushers of gay agenda?

Yes, you are. You are a false witness.

Ssss-o ssss-ayeth the ssss-litherer.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:25 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,732,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
LOL, you really do try to twist and deflect from the subject at hand. But only one sentence in there is relevant to the conversation:

Yeah, it kinda does when it comes to this subject. If you maintain that the condemnations made in Leviticus are just dandy and in fact from GOD, then you are by extension making the condemnation.

Now, of course I could be wrong, but when people from the LGBT community have posted here, I've not seen you assure them of your acceptance of them as they are, or defend them when others slammed them. You may have, maybe via DM or a rep comment, I wouldn't know that. But by and large, if you have any kind or compassionate feelings toward members of that community, it has not been apparent.

That is why I post in this thread, to let them know that there are Christians who do feel sympathy toward what people like the OP have undergone at the hand of other Christians.
This is a really fine message and points out what the conservative "christians" on this page really think. They believe it is okay to tell someone else they are sinful, are unacceptable to receive goods or services from "christians," are not welcome in their pulpits or church leadership, say to them "it's just in the Bible," yet "christians" are unwilling to defend or comfort LGBTQ posters when they tell of rejection by family and friends.

Finn is certainly guilty of upholding Bible condemnations and trying to distance himself from them, but there are others as well, that claim THEY aren't the ones saying it, GOD is saying it---meaning the Bible--and meaning the Bible interpretation that they have been indoctrinated with.

I have an idea most of them really do know deep inside what they are, but haven't the internal integrity to face it. And that's why, no matter what they may claim, there appears to be no salvation in any of them. Notice I say APPEARS to be no salvation. I don't know for certain, but I'm certain deep inside they know what they really are. Your line is right on, "if you have any kind or compassionate feelings toward members of that community, it has not been apparent."

Thanks for a great, observant post, and the kindness you display toward our LGBTQ members by posting on here for their benefit.

Too soon, but

As a "post mortem" for this post, I add the following. There was a study done a few years ago that points out liberals and atheists have, on AVERAGE, a higher IQ than conservatives, but the researcher has drawn an interesting conclusion from it that shows the difference, I believe, between law followers and Jesus followers:

Quote:
Kanazawa's evidence is in the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health, or Add Health, which has been tracking the same group since 1994.
The study used a picture-based vocabulary test to estimate the IQ of participating teenagers. Seven years later, the same people were asked about their religious and political beliefs.
People who later admitted to being "not at all religious," and who classified themselves as "very liberal" politically had higher IQ scores as teenagers than those who were "very religious" and "very conservative."

The difference isn't huge. Only 11 points, on average, separate the liberal from the conservative, for instance. But Kanazawa believes it's significant.

"Liberalism"—which Kanazawa defines, in part, as caring about the well-being of vast numbers of people you'll never meet—"is a very new thing for humans," he said.
"Historically, humans cared about the welfare of immediate family and friends but not complete strangers."
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...ution-evolved/

The point is not at all about intelligence, but rather EMPATHY--- being able to walk in another's moccasins--being able to feel their pain. In the case of conservatives overall they aren't able to do it. That's why conservative "christans" are always crying about how THEY are the ones being persecuted. They haven't yet developed empathy for other than their own.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 06-11-2019 at 12:49 AM..

Old 06-11-2019, 12:46 AM

63,943 posts, read 40,226,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
This is a really fine message and points out what the conservative "christians" on this page really think. They believe it is okay to tell someone else they are sinful, are unacceptable to receive goods or services from "christians," are not welcome in their pulpits or church leadership, say to them "it's just in the Bible," yet "christians" are unwilling to defend or comfort LGBTQ posters when they tell of rejection by family and friends.

Finn is certainly guilty of upholding Bible condemnations and trying to distance himself from them, but there are others as well, that claim THEY aren't the ones saying it, GOD is saying it---meaning the Bible--and meaning the Bible interpretation that they have been indoctrinated with.

I have an idea most of them really do know deep inside what they are, but haven't the internal integrity to face it. And that's why, no matter what they may claim, there appears to be no salvation in any of them. Notice I say APPEARS to be no salvation. I don't know for certain, but I'm certain deep inside they know what they really are. Your line is right on, "if you have any kind or compassionate feelings toward members of that community, it has not been apparent."

Thanks for a great, observant post, and the kindness you display toward our LGBTQ members by posting on here for their benefit.

Too soon, but
I echo this praise.

Old 06-11-2019, 05:12 AM

1,349 posts, read 665,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Jesus does have a penchant for serving wine at weddings so maybe....
Count me in then

I like your posts. I dont' necessarily agree with you but I like the gentleness you bring to this forum. Thanks

Old 06-11-2019, 05:16 AM

It tends to prove the point.

Christians will be accused simply for believing what the Bible says.

If you want to avoid the accusations, then you must either lie about your beliefs, or refuse to answer altogether.

Folks, this is EXACTY how the gay agenda works.

It is the same mindset as the violent assault on the video. Violence is only a step further in the same direction. I am not saying the accusers will ever physically assault anyone, but the mindset is the same.

Old 06-11-2019, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
I know that at age 7 I repented of my sins and asked Jesus to enter my heart and save me. I was baptized full immersion at the First Baptist Church of Griffin, GA.

In College I had a powerful experience when I surrendered all I was and came clean with a bunch of junk in my life I was hiding from God. I experienced then what pentecostals call the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. I wondered if this was my real moment of salvation of being born again. With all that I know and all I believe to be the Spirit of the Lord speaking in my inner man, I believe that 7 year old experience was genuine and this "second blesing" as pentecostals call it was me maturing deeper into what I was called to at 7.

I think a better word to use in place of "born again" for this conversion experience is "Adoption." I was adopted into the family of God. I became a new creation, a son of God. I am his. I was bought with a price, everything that I ever, did, ever would do, anything I am doing now or will do in the future... that would separate me from God... all of it together was carried by Christ to the cross and that debt fully paid for. In exchange, he adopted me, gave me a new life and I am his.

So, I do believe as pcamps stated that this wedding feast is a picture of the kingdom now, not necessarily a picture of a heavenly reward even tho the culmination of this Christian walk on earth will lead to eternity with the Lord and the kingdom fully realized, I don't see Jesus' mentioning of the "kingdom" as just heaven. His Kingdom is anyplace where he rules and reigns. He reigns over me. I am in his Kingdom.

I've been real and honest here with my conversion experience. Many will see it odd and cloaked in Baptist bible belt terminology. Well, I have lived the majority of my life in either Georgia, Alabama or Texas and I have a southern accent. My spiritual talk will have a southern accent too. No apologies for any of it.

I haven't seen you be real like this Finn. Please, I invite you. Be real. Tell me about your Christian walk. How did you come to faith? PM if you don't want to do it here.

PS.... I'm at the wedding right now....
I have shared it on my occasions. Like many others here today, I also used to be offended by the Gospel, and any preaching of it. Later in my life, that offense was lifted.

Jesus said to them, “Does this offend you? Why does the truth offend?

Old 06-11-2019, 06:17 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,249,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
While you might be right (why not?) you dont get it.

It's not being holy and pure or whatever. The concept of a non believer wanting to be holy just proves you don't understand.

It's about being true to facts and reality.

Reality and facts dont have anything to do with any gods.

Facing those facts and realities are another matter. We all deal with that in a different and deeply personal way.

Judging someone for their love ? WAY out of your Jesus/God. (I will not add the tens of thousands other myths...)

But then, if the only motive for some people to be good is to be religious, let them be, they might be dangerous to the rest of all if they didn't.

I stand to looking at life in the face and helping (or not, sometimes, to be truly honest) my fellow humans, with actions, not only words.
I really have no idea what most of that has to do with what I wrote.
To maybe put it another way. I don't see much "love the sinner" being displayed toward Finn for not 'loving the supposed homosexual sinner"
Indeed, there appears to be much enjoyment and smug satisfaction out of "stoning" him.
The majority of dozens of interchanges just seem to only be an effort to get him to admit, as does Jeff, his personal condemnation of homosexuality, which after this long, is probably not going to happen.

Old 06-11-2019, 06:29 AM

More "tolerance" from the gay agenda crowd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmiCEf4BrEM&t=912s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity