Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2019, 06:00 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,723,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The Nazi mantra again
Yes, you practice it well.

Quote:
If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it, and you will even come to believe it yourself.
Joseph Goebbels

And it is YOUR agenda---mine is the "gay" agenda, or are you forgetting that your belief of treating gays like crap by failing to stand up for them doesn't seem as bad as BEING a supporter of Third Reich ideas? And treating them like crap was a Third Reich idea, still supported by some of your spiritual cousins in the White Supremacy organization.

Yes, I'm going to paint you as the kind of sinner you are. You can call me hypocrite, if you wish, as a hypocrite yourself we are all easy to spot for you. I'm not trying to be nice, and I'm not lying about being a "good guy" just following the Bible. But you are trying to create that false image.

You have fulfilled the Goebbels prediction that you will come to "believe (your own lies) yourself.

No, I will not relent. I will not pause. I will not back down. Backing down was how real Christians in the Nazi era allowed the crap you believe to arise. Brave people must stand up to you and your political leaders as well.

QUACK!! QUACK!!

Old 06-11-2019, 07:49 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,695,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Yes, you practice it well.

Joseph Goebbels

And it is YOUR agenda---mine is the "gay" agenda, or are you forgetting that your belief of treating gays like crap by failing to stand up for them doesn't seem as bad as BEING a supporter of Third Reich ideas? And treating them like crap was a Third Reich idea, still supported by some of your spiritual cousins in the White Supremacy organization.

Yes, I'm going to paint you as the kind of sinner you are. You can call me hypocrite, if you wish, as a hypocrite yourself we are all easy to spot for you. I'm not trying to be nice, and I'm not lying about being a "good guy" just following the Bible. But you are trying to create that false image.

You have fulfilled the Goebbels prediction that you will come to "believe (your own lies) yourself.
Sorry Warden, I have no idea what you are even talking about, other than trying to compare others to Nazis and white supremacists, which is straight out of the gay agenda playbook.

Quote:
No, I will not relent. I will not pause. I will not back down. Backing down was how real Christians in the Nazi era allowed the crap you believe to arise.
Carry on. It is sad to see you with that kind of baggage, but you won't let go of it.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-11-2019 at 08:09 PM..

Old 06-11-2019, 08:05 PM

6,801 posts, read 2,921,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I DO want to clarify whether or not anybody had the idea that I was in some way "defending" Finn because it's also fairly obvious that he enjoys the opportunity to use his "skills" in avoidance and deflection, unlike Jeff, who does at least come right out with it.
I understood exactly where you were coming from and appreciated what you had to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
It would be nice to see the conversation steer away from Finn or not get lost in it but, since I don't pray, that may not happen
The main thing in recent times is that Finn, with an occasional Jeff, appear to be the only main 'antagonists' left in the anti-gay camp. At one time this thread had regulars such as BaptistFundie, SumTingy, jimmiej, etc. as well as the truly nasty scgraham (brrrr), but they all seem to have bailed out. Which IS their prerogative, I quickly add. Occasionally we'll hear from n..Xuipa and Choir Loft but now it's pretty much Finn and the occasional Jeff. So, yes, it does get to the point where it would be seen as the mob ganging up on one or two people. However, as you acknowledge, these one or two people DO seem to persistently go out of their way to contribute to this situation.

As far as I'm concerned - and I've stated this from day one - the Bible does not, and cannot, address homosexuality from a medical science perspective which IS that a percentage of people are born with a specific characteristic that makes them 'gay'. The Bible authors would have had no clue what homosexuality was, even if they had come across 'genuine' gay people. They would not have understood and would certainly not have had a word to describe such people. And, as far as I know, nor did they have a word for 'heterosexual'. However, they do appear to have been aware of pagan idolatry practices and the sexual rituals that were performed in pagan temples with both male and (apparently) female prostitutes. It's this form of 'homosexuality' that we find in a half dozen places, if that, in the entire Bible and not 'homosexuality' per se. This entire 'Homosexuality and The Church' thing really IS a good example of the 'making a mountain out of a mole hill' adage.

In the present, it doesn't matter that no 'gay gene' has been found at this time. In fact, why should a 'gay gene' be the deciding factor anyway as to who is right and who is wrong? Being gay is not 'a sin' as the antagonists I mentioned above SO desperately want to make it but rather a perfectly natural sexual orientation for those who are innately 'blessed' with this particular human feature.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:11 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,723,778 times
Quote:
Sorry Warden, I have no idea what you are even talking about, other than trying to compare others to Nazis and white supremacists.

Carry on. It is sad to see you with that kind of baggage, but you won't let go of it.
Your views are the same as Nazis regarding homosexuals. You know what the comparison is--and so does everyone reading this thread.

You just continue to lie to yourself.

Quote:
If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it, and you will even come to believe it yourself.
Joseph Goebbels

Old 06-11-2019, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Your views are the same as Nazis regarding homosexuals. You know what the comparison is--and so does everyone reading this thread.

You just continue to lie to yourself.

Joseph Goebbels
Whatever. Same to you

Old 06-11-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade
Why are homosexuals persecuted and discriminated against, Mr. Jarber?
Why do others say all kinds of vile things about them, or shun them?
Why do they offend so many professing fundamentalist Christians?

Please, put some light on this, so others may understand.
Quote:
How should I know? Why don't you ask the people who persecute them?
He IS asking one of those who discriminates and persecutes them. He's asking you, Finn.

Quote:
As far as I am aware, professing Christians are not offended by them, but if you ever meet one who is, make sure to ask him why.
As TroutDude has asked of you ...tell us about the 'gay agenda' that appears to rattle your chain. It really does appear that gay people offend you, Finn. C'mon, fess up.

Isn't this a fun game we're playing, Finn ...?

Old 06-12-2019, 02:32 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,389,384 times
Quote:
These gays physically assaulted a Christian person only because they were openly Christian. Many posters here will say "they deserved it", but did they really?
Is harassment a form of violence? It can be, so maybe you shouldn't be an uninvited guest.

Old 06-12-2019, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
The main thing in recent times is that Finn, with an occasional Jeff, appear to be the only main 'antagonists' left in the anti-gay camp. At one time this thread had regulars such as BaptistFundie, SumTingy, jimmiej, etc. as well as the truly nasty scgraham (brrrr), but they all seem to have bailed out.
The strategy is to gang up on people who disagree with the gay agenda, shout them down and drive them out. It has worked well, since practically all Bible believing Christians have departed. I didn't post here for over 6 months either, and will probably leave soon again due to the overwhelming hostility. Even the mod said its probably a good idea to leave. It is what it is, but it serves to expose how offended people are at the word of God.

PS Believing what the Bible says does not make anyone "anti-gay", as you suggest, and nor does denying the Bible make anyone "pro-gay".

Old 06-12-2019, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
The main thing in recent times is that Finn, with an occasional Jeff, appear to be the only main 'antagonists' left in the anti-gay camp. At one time this thread had regulars such as BaptistFundie, SumTingy, jimmiej, etc. as well as the truly nasty scgraham (brrrr), but they all seem to have bailed out.

Quote:
The strategy is to gang up on people who disagree with the gay agenda ...
You know what my question is going to be, don't you . . .?

Quote:
. . .shout them down and drive them out.
I don't know why your compatriots have become quiet, rather than having left, Finn. But, it could have something to do with their having received new light on those scriptures they once believed to have been condemning of homosexuality. What do you think?

Quote:
It has worked well, since practically all Bible believing Christians have departed.
And/or realized that they were wrong. And, rather than admit to this, they instead chose to bow out of the discussion.

Quote:
I didn't post here for over 6 months either, and will probably leave soon again due to the overwhelming hostility. Even the mod said its probably a good idea to leave. It is what it is, but it serves to expose how offended people are at the word of God.
My whole point for being here, Finn, is not to do battle with you but to educate you and your fellow 'fundies' on what 'the word of God' actually says about this topic. Actually, that's not quite true. I'm here to educate you and your fellow 'fundies' on what 'the word of God' DOESN'T say about this topic. Homosexuality as we today define the term is not found in the Bible. How long must it be, Finn, before you catch on to this fact?

Quote:
PS Believing what the Bible says does not make anyone "anti-gay", as you suggest, and nor does denying the Bible make anyone "pro-gay".
Believing in something is one thing. Believing in something and then conveying that something to others in a demeaning manner in order to make them squirm is something else. And, attempting to change this is what I'm all about. How about it, Finn? How long will it take before you come to realize this?

Old 06-12-2019, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
]I don't know why your compatriots have become quiet, rather than having left, Finn. But, it could have something to do with their having received new light on those scriptures they once believed to have been condemning of homosexuality. What do you think?
I just told what I thought.

Quote:
The strategy is to gang up on people who disagree with the gay agenda, shout them down and drive them out. It has worked well, since practically all Bible believing Christians have departed.
If you had managed to change someones mind, they would have said so, and joined your efforts, but instead they said they had enough of the hostility here.

Just FYI, it is impossible to insult and shout people into agreement, it does works as a repellent.

Would this kind of comment help you "see the light"?

Quote:
Your views are the same as Nazis regarding homosexuals.
It's an obvious OBVIOUS effort to pick a fight. The poster wants you to either engage in a shouting match, or drive you out.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-12-2019 at 04:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity