Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2019, 09:55 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Perhaps so. But many don't recognize it. The church's name sounds like many decent churches all around. Many will associate it with broader Christianity. And thus the reason the OP brought up this discussion, the evangelical church is hallmarked by its stance against homosexuality. It should be about the gospel. It should be about what we are for, not what we are against. And you and Jeff and Choir Loft and others have taken a side that doesn't seem that far off to many on the left, has just further ensconced it. The message is lost Finn.

The message of the good news is lost when you categorize someone based off sexuality and how they deal with what their own looks like and use it in sermons and denounce large groups of people. It all gets lumped together. Why don't you see that?
I don't see it, because for the most part is it not true, and can only be seen in the misrepresentations coming from the anti-evangelical crowd, who are on a mission to demonize millions of evangelicals.

I dont know why you feel the church is hallmarked by it, but it is probably because you and I go to very different churches. Personally I can't remember the last time the issue was even mentioned in church, and to be honest, I am not sure if I ever heard it mentioned. So, it is certainly not hallmarked by it.

These threads are always started by gays, or promoters of the gay agenda, who are very keen on making the evangelicals look like a hate group, or like Nazis.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:15 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,613,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't see it, because for the most part is it not true, and can only be seen in the misrepresentations coming from the anti-evangelical crowd, who are on a mission to demonize millions of evangelicals.

I dont know why you feel the church is hallmarked by it, but it is probably because you and I go to very different churches. Personally I can't remember the last time the issue was even mentioned in church, and to be honest, I am not sure if I ever heard it mentioned. So, it is certainly not hallmarked by it.

These threads are always started by gays, or promoters of the gay agenda, who are very keen on making the evangelicals look like a hate group, or like Nazis.
Nah, you guys do that to yourselves. No need for people to make it sound that way, you do so with your own fundie words and actions.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:40 AM

10,096 posts, read 5,755,188 times
Quote:

Exactly. In all my years of going to church, I can't recall a pastor once giving a sermon against homosexuality. Yet, the haters want people to believe that we are just obsessed with this one sin all the time.

Old 07-02-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Exactly. In all my years of going to church, I can't recall a pastor once giving a sermon against homosexuality. Yet, the haters want people to believe that we are just obsessed with this one sin all the time.
The participation on every homosexuality related thread would seem to bear that out, Jeffy. You continuing to act as if they aren't deserving of respect and equal treatment, along with your insistence that they should be discriminated against by "real Christians", acting as if being gay is a sin worse than all others, and your continued lies and ignorance about gay people would also suggest as much.

See, if there are a bunch of people of differing faiths and backgrounds that all say the same thing about you, maybe it is you.

Old 07-02-2019, 11:15 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,242,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Nah, you guys do that to yourselves. No need for people to make it sound that way, you do so with your own fundie words and actions.
Exactly. jeffie, in particular, would not have a life at all if gays weren't around for him to bash.

Old 07-02-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Exactly. jeffie, in particular, would not have a life at all if gays weren't around for him to bash.
Nah, he would just move on to atheists, or Muslims, or someone else entirely. They just HAVE to have someone to bash, Trout. Otherwise, how else would they make themselves feel better about themselves if they didn't have someone else to look down upon from their high horse?

Old 07-02-2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
They are ones obsessed, which is evidenced by the fact that they keep opening these threads. The only reason I am here is to address the blatant misrepresentations, hostility, anger and anti Christian attitudes displayed by the promoters of the gay agenda.

By their fruits you shall know them.

Old 07-02-2019, 11:49 AM

88,732 posts, read 85,080,510 times
Quote:

This thread, as you are aware and have been reminded numerous times, was started by a young gay man who was forced by his fundamentalist church and family to undergo conversion therapy not once but twice under the threat of being cut off from them. He finally had to walk away and take his chances that his family would no longer love him.

Yet what you see is not a victim who has been abused and harmed terribly by fundamentalism, but someone who is merely promoting some sort of gay agenda.

The coldness in that is just mind-boggling to me.

By their fruits, yeah.

Old 07-02-2019, 12:17 PM

Worth repeating, because it is so true: These threads are always started by gays, or promoters of the gay agenda, who are very keen on making the evangelicals look like a hate group, or like Nazis.

Old 07-02-2019, 12:25 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,242,237 times
Quote:
Worth repeating, because it is so true: These threads are always started by gays, or promoters of the gay agenda, who are very keen on making the evangelicals look like a hate group, or like Nazis.
Because you are.

But you're too cowardly to own it.

We see you.

You can lie. You can misconstrue and misrepresent. You can hide behind your holey book.

But we know what you are and we will continue to point out your falseness, bigotry, and dark spirits.

Fundamentalism is ugly and you and jeffie are twin faces of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity