Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2019, 02:27 PM

1,349 posts, read 665,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I'm sorry, do you have an actual point? Yeah, take a look at those threads. Guess what, the VAST majority where not started by me. The only reason I speak out a lot on this topic is because it is by far a dominant hot button topic in these forums. Probably 80% of the posts in this very thread are from YOUR side. And it does anger me when atheists and the LGBT community are destroying our religious freedom in a country built on religious freedom.
My point is that you pretend to not be obsessed and you also pretend your preacher never talks about it.

So, why ô why does the subject comes in MOST (incredible majority) of your posts (well, except the ones in the relationship forums )

No, not stalking you, just a very good memory. Didn't have to check Finn because I remember his posts on other subjects. You ? Nothing exception religion (and gays of course), some little in relocation and a little in relationship. With you, i just (quickly) needed to make sure of MY memory as I couldn't believe it (my own memory). Turns out it was worse. In ALL forums, you nearly only talk about that subject.

So, now that I've answered, can you explain why it's of no interest to you or your preacher or your life BUT still spend most of your time here arguing about it ?

(and please let go of the "side" thing, I don't have sides, well, maybe search for truth side)

Last edited by personne; 07-02-2019 at 02:37 PM..

Old 07-02-2019, 02:29 PM

11,903 posts, read 3,734,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
Ahem, yes, I can read.

So ? Wasn't it a stupid amalgam ? You say so yourself.
Yes, I agree

People were saying that Jeff said that Robin Williams was gay, I was pointing out that he did not say that.......

We all misunderstand each other, what I see in the scriptures is that the Christian is held to a higher standard because they are to represent God on earth

the point of the scriptures is misunderstood, it’s not about looking at each other’s perceived “sins” while excusing our own because we say “I believe in Jesus” so I’m saved

Old 07-02-2019, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Yes, I agree

People were saying that Jeff said that Robin Williams was gay, I was pointing out that he did not say that.......

We all misunderstand each other, what I see in the scriptures is that the Christian is held to a higher standard because they are to represent God on earth

the point of the scriptures is misunderstood, it’s not about looking at each other’s perceived “sins” while excusing our own because we say “I believe in Jesus” so I’m saved
I'm the one who mis-said it and apologized

Yet, how would that come in an argument being made about not well adjusted gay people who pretend to be okay but clearly don't know much about themselves ?

Old 07-02-2019, 02:35 PM

Quote:
My point is that you pretend to not be obsessed and you also pretend your preacher never talks about it.

So, why ô why does the subject comes in MOST (incredible majority) of your posts (well, except the ones in the relationship forums )

No, not stalking you, just a very good memory. Didn't have to check Finn because I remember his posts on other subjects. You ? Nothing exception religion (and gays of course), some little in relocation and a little in relationship. With you, i just (quickly) needed to make sure of MY memory as I couldn't believe it (my own memory). Turns out it was worse. In ALL forums, you nearly only talk about that subject.

So, now that I've answered, can you explain why it's of no interest to you or your preacher or your life BUT still spend most of your time here arguing about it ?

(and please let of the "side" thing, I don't have sides, well, maybe search for truth side)
Im totally with you there!

Old 07-02-2019, 02:39 PM

Quote:
I'm the one who mis-said it and apologized

Yet, how would that come in an argument being made about not well adjusted gay people who pretend to be okay but clearly don't know much about themselves ?
We see it all over these forums that the arguments tend to take over, and it gets personal, and the focus goes away from actually understanding what the scriptures are about

Old 07-02-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
We see it all over these forums that the arguments tend to take over, and it gets personal, and the focus goes away from actually understanding what the scriptures are about
I honestly don't care about the scriptures. I care to act right, that people around me act right and wish for everyone to. Not easy, for anyone. So, whatever means it might take for some, I don't care.

Just act, feel and be right, which mostly means : acting, feeling and being loving, helpful and kind.

Old 07-02-2019, 02:55 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,754,115 times
Quote:

(and please let go of the "side" thing, I don't have sides, well, maybe search for truth side)
It is stalking. My posting history has NOTHING to do with the topic at all (then again, I'm not sure what the purpose of this thread is anymore other than serving as a punching bag for those who don't support immorality). But it's this kind of judgmental crap that does grate on me. How do you know I'm not spending the majority of my time posting on other website forums about different topics? You don't. I'm a lot more active on reddit and spend most of my time discussing fun stuff like pro wrestling, finger-style guitar, blu-rays, movies etc..

I've debated plenty of other topics, and as I pointed out, I walked away from this thread. I was mature enough to let YOUR SIDE have the last word in. BUT NOOOOOO, your buddies had to dig it back up and take more shots at us. So guess what, expect me to fight back against the lies, the attacks, the just daily garbage thrown at us for simply trusting and believing in God's Word.

As I pointed out before, it is a common tactic for YOUR SIDE to turn the conversation against the poster. I will stop using YOUR SIDE as soon as YOUR SIDE stops calling us fundies. It's being hypocritical to gripe about us using labels when doing the same to us.

Old 07-02-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
I honestly don't care about the scriptures. I care to act right, that people around me act right and wish for everyone to. Not easy, for anyone. So, whatever means it might take for some, I don't care.

Just act, feel and be right, which mostly means : acting, feeling and being loving, helpful and kind.
I care about all that too, but I also care about the scriptures

Old 07-02-2019, 03:03 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,612,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
It is stalking. My posting history has NOTHING to do with the topic at all (then again, I'm not sure what the purpose of this thread is anymore other than serving as a punching bag for those who don't support immorality). But it's this kind of judgmental crap that does grate on me. How do you know I'm not spending the majority of my time posting on other website forums about different topics? You don't. I'm a lot more active on reddit and spend most of my time discussing fun stuff like pro wrestling, finger-style guitar, blu-rays, movies etc..

I've debated plenty of other topics, and as I pointed out, I walked away from this thread. I was mature enough to let YOUR SIDE have the last word in. BUT NOOOOOO, your buddies had to dig it back up and take more shots at us. So guess what, expect me to fight back against the lies, the attacks, the just daily garbage thrown at us for simply trusting and believing in God's Word.

As I pointed out before, it is a common tactic for YOUR SIDE to turn the conversation against the poster. I will stop using YOUR SIDE as soon as YOUR SIDE stops calling us fundies. It's being hypocritical to gripe about us using labels when doing the same to us.
Jeff seems like a really well adjusted guy here, doesn't he?

Old 07-02-2019, 03:09 PM

Quote:
I care about all that too, but I also care about the scriptures
Well good for you, didn't say anything else
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity